Full Moon I

Water

Kris came home with bruises and cuts one day. His shirt was dirty and he sort of look like a bum with his messy hair.

 

“What the hell happened?!” She went up to him and examined his bruises. If she was in his place, she would already be crying her eyes out and looked like a creepy minion. He wiped off the trickle of sweat on his forehead with the back of his dirty hand and left a dirty stain on his skin. Spontaneously, she grabbed his wrist, stopping him from wiping then making his face dirty. Since she had a tank top under the shirt, she thought it was okay to take off the shirt to wipe his face with it.

 

“You’ll dirty your face if you use your hand.” She told him, her hands were still busy cleaning his face.

 

“So my face needs more of your attention than other parts of my body that is dirty?” He raised an eyebrow.

 

“I value beauty, okay? Don’t judge me.” She threw the shirt to his face, feeling slightly embarrassed and intimidated at the same time.

 

“Is this my shirt?” he asked. She nodded but her eyes were fixed to the bruises on his left arm. It was worse than what she had a week ago. She was lost in her own world, wondering what if she was in his place at that moment.

 

“He’s a guy. He wouldn’t cry. Why are you weirded out by his dead pain receptors? A voice said in her head, criticizing her for her weird thinking. He cleared his throat and it snapped her from her thoughts.

 

“You should go take a shower. I’ll help to massage the bruises later. It’s the least that I can do to repay you for the other day.” She told him and his lips curved up into a smirk. Yes. She really wanted to repay him. Not for other reason. It’s not like she was taking an opportunity to touch his skin. Or was she?

 


 

“I can’t do this.”

 

“It’s just a bruise.” Kris frowned.

 

“To you. But to me, it’s a blue-black mark on the skin that causes agony with the slightest touch even if it’s not on me.” She shivered at the thought.

 

“Then, why did you offered help before?” he asked to which she just shrugged it off.

 


 

That night, she found herself still awake even after past midnight. The full moon was beautiful. Suddenly, she heard a faint howl. It sounded as if it was from the inside of the house. She went out of the room for Kris, because howls were not normal to her ears – probably because she was traumatized by what had happened to her before this.

 

“Kris.” She whispered from outside. When she wanted to knock on the door, she heard grunts and a howl. A howl?

“Oh my God! The wolf’s eating Kris! ! Kris! Kris! Are you in there?” She panicked and knocked on the door furiously. She fumbled with the door knob but it was locked.

 

“Kris!” She screamed one last time and the door opened to a stark Kris. Naturally, she quickly covered her eyes.

 

“What the heck happened in there?” She asked. What’s normal about all the wolves’ sounds in his room? Nothing could explain what had happened if it wasn’t some kind of supernatural events. Or maybe it was just boys’ thing.

 

“Nothing. Don’t ever come to my room during midnight.” He slammed the door and startled her.

 

“He has too many issues, man…I swear.” She walked back to the guest room. She should get a shut eye. Having insomnia made things weird.

 


 

She put on the clothes that Kris had gave her a few days ago and went downstairs for a quick breakfast - a piece of toast. As she was looking out the window, she saw the bushes moved and the leaves too, perhaps the wind was strong, she thought.

 

“Let’s have a walk.” She said to herself, excited to finally get to go out from Kris’ ‘bizarre’ cottage. She went to the porch after putting on her shoes and as she looked at the ground, she saw pieces of hair….was that fur?! She looked around and saw paw prints on the ground.

 

She made a decision to not go out at all for the sake of her safety. Besides, staying in Kris’ cottage was more than safe.

 

She quickly turned around and accidentally slammed the door before her. It was just fur and paw prints but she was already breathing so heavily. What is this?

 

“Running away?” Kris came out of nowhere and she screamed in shock. Kris was always freaking her out by popping out from somewhere.

 

“Chill girl.” Kris’ arm s around her waist – and wow, that was a fast skinship.

 

“Please, Kris, stop it.” She pulled his arm away and he frowned.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“I can’t take all these weird things in your house. And, to be frank, you too. I’m sorry but send me home, please. I want to go home, where things are normal.” She pleaded, trying so hard to keep composure.

 

“Looks like I’ll be alone again starting tomorrow.” He meekly replied. Having someone in his home was such a bliss. He wasn't lonely, and it was a luck that he gets a female.

 


 

[A/N]: Oh crappy? Then skip some chapters until you find which pick up your interest, because I’ve said before that the later chapters are way better.        

I’m sorry for making this story to have a crappy start; it was because I hadn’t had much experience back then and I was still a newbie, rookie making a debut in AFF. But I do hope that you’d read the later chapters which are actually the main points so, there’s not really much things to skip.