Wrath

Water

“Good morning, babe.”

Rhea’s eyes shot open upon hearing Chanyeol’s imitation of Kris’. He giggled, feeling more than proud to have fooled her during her sleeping time. Rhea mumbled a few curse words to him and those words could never stop Chanyeol. Well, he was used to it.

“Dude, just because you’re my friend, don’t just enter my house at any time you want.” Rhea got up from her bed while pushing Chanyeol to the side. Chanyeol cursed aloud as his back part hit the side table harshly. The morning progressed ordinarily, like any other normal days. Breakfast was prepared by Chanyeol and Rhea had always loved it to bits. It was a simple fried-rice-and-scrambled-eggs kind of breakfast, but the work of art combined in cooking these two dishes were amazing.

Both then decided to go shopping, since the last time they went together was ages ago. Rhea had helped to pick some clothes for him, but what shocked him was that she picked Kris’ style. He preferred fewer accessories on clothes, but Rhea kept on saying that those kinds were the best – especially on tall guys.

“Please don’t imagine me as Kris. It’s getting awkward, you know, just in case you fall in love with me.” He joked around, earning a sharp smack on his right arm. If it was back to the time when Rhea had a crush on him, she’d have considered this statement of him as a rejection. But that feeling was long gone, and she accepted the statement as an insult of her love towards Kris.

“Kris is way better than you.”

“That’s what you’ll say to me. But in front of Kris, you’d say ‘Chanyeol is way better than you, than anyone else.’ ” Another smack landed on Chanyeol’s reddish right arm. Chanyeol loved teasing her, in any way he could think of, he would do it. What’s left was a secret untold. He wasn’t sure whether she’d accept it positively.

“Do you still love him?” He asked in a serious tone, his playful side suddenly dispersed from his voice. Rhea stopped her track as she tried to absorb the question. She didn’t need to think longer about the answer – Kris was always in her heart, occupying every single space.

“Yes.”

“Then, Gunwoo is just a game?” Rhea could feel the bitterness of the sentence. No, she had never thought of him as a game, a plain game to play with. She remembered agreeing to become his girlfriend with a purpose to forget her dead love, Kris. But she couldn’t. Gunwoo could not make her forget about Kris. Nothing could, actually.

Rhea walked away, stretching the silence between them as she left his question unanswered. Chanyeol didn’t push her to answer him, because he knew the answer.

“Did I treat him that way? A game? I did try to love him.” She spoke, bursting the silence.

“You should have not given him and yourself a false hope at first.” Dang, Chanyeol was being right. If she could turn back the time, she would. She couldn’t stand pretending to love Gunwoo; it was a horrible thing. She sighed in despair, regretting what she had done. Telling Gunwoo the truth was likely the same as throwing herself from the 69th floor.

Rhea’s phone rang and she calmly checked to see who called her; and the name of the man in the topic, Gunwoo, displayed on the screen. She was hesitant to answer him first, but she knew too well that Gunwoo would never stop calling her if she rejects it. She faked a smile while talking to him and Chanyeol loathed the scene in front of him.

“He wants to bring me for a road trip.”

“Be careful, he might kill you.” Chanyeol warned, but it sounded like a joke to Rhea. Sometimes, Chanyeol should sound serious.



“What’s the matter?” She could feel Gunwoo’s hand on hers, his fingers slowly caressing hers as he interlaced them in between his. His skin felt cold, as usual, making it one of the reasons why she disliked skinship with him. Rhea turned her head to face him, meeting his dark, bloody red eyes. She saw something in the dark, as if evil plan glimmered in his eyes.

“Nothing. Just tired.”

“Sorry, but I promise you that you’ll love the trip.” Rhea was unsure whether it was a mere smile on his face or a gruesome smirk. She gave him a meek nod, and later focused back on the views outside. Something about the view had made her worried and anxious at the same time. Perhaps, it was the memory of her car ride with Kris months ago.

It was a long ride; tiring, boring and all that were linked to those two words. Rhea fell asleep after an hour and Gunwoo had said nothing about it either.

When she woke up, she was no longer on her seat in the car. Dark woods, wet-smelled soil – she was in the forest, and was lying on the ground. What the hell had happened? Where’s Gunwoo? Rhea felt an immediate chill when a soft wind blew, which was supposed to calm her down.

It grew dimmer; sky and sunlight obscured by the solidity of the trees that formed a dark canopy above her.  She heard nothing but the nature. Birds chirping melodiously yet creepily, as if they gathered together for the symphony of death. Her death. She shuddered at the thought of it.

As an attempt to cover her anxiety, she called his name in the woods. How funny that her voice seemed to bounce back at her and echoed only around her. The sinking sun helped nothing; only increasing her worry and speeding the electricity running down her body.

“Gunwoo, where are you?” She tried sounding as calm as the sea, but her voice came out shaky and unstable. The leaves rustled behind her and she turned around to meet the bloody red eyes of Gunwoo. His gaze pierced right into her, killing every nerves and senses. Rhea felt like she should run…

Because the man that stood right in front of her was no longer the calm Gunwoo that she used to know.

Every inch of gap that he closed, every step that he took, Rhea found herself backing away. He’s not Gunwoo. He’s a deadly vampire. She wanted to curse, she wanted to shout and screamed for help but all she did was calling his name like a mantra. Like that would help.

Rhea kept moving back that she didn’t realise her back had hit a tree. Gunwoo was expressionless; only his eyes were moving. Rhea took the chance to run when Gunwoo was still two arms apart from her. Relief was what she felt, though for a while, when Gunwoo did not try to catch.

But like Edward Cullen, he was moving way faster; he did not need to run. He grabbed her wrist, stopping her from running because the both of them knew that it was a useless attempt.

“Why are you running away, Rhea? I did not do anything, yet.” A smirk appeared on his pale white face. Rhea grunted, her right hand tried to release Gunwoo’s hold. As expected, she failed. A mix of emotion – anger, despair and anxiety – swamped her whole heart.

A tear fell because of anger.

Second tear fell because of despair.

Third tear fell because of anxiety.

Fourth tear fell because she couldn’t do anything.

Gunwoo, being the jerk, playfully wiped away her tears that cascaded down like waterfalls. As much as she wanted him to stop, she was pinned to her spot. Her limbs and muscles were doing nothing to follow what her heart commanded. She was paralysed for a moment of time.

“Aww, look at my baby crying. Who’s fault, Rhea?” He sculpted her angular face, his thumbs caressing her warm, reddened cheeks. She wanted to say, You, stupid. What the hell are you doing? But the only sound that she made was a low whimper.

“Me?” The sound of ire that followed along his voice echoed in the woods. His hands travelled lower to her neck, slowly following the curves. Rhea could only feel pain when Gunwoo choke her next.

“Who made me like this?! You! You and your dog friends!” Gunwoo crashed his lips on hers. He devoured , savouring every detail in her. He was forceful in every move of his tongue, torturing Rhea while he enjoyed being rough. Dominant – he like being one. The girl in front of him who he once loved was crying. It was not a surprise that he liked seeing her being weak and helpless, because at that moment, he hated her.

He hated her for giving him a false hope. A false love.


[A/N]: It’s been a while, right guys? It’s just that, I ran out of what to type tbvh. Besides, remember when I said I will wait for the trailer first then I’ll update? IT TURNS OUT THAT SHE DELETED THE SHOP! I mean, if she tells me that she deleted the shop, I won’t be that angry. But she didn’t. *insert angry Joonmyeon here*

It’s a short update, I AM SO DAMN SORRY. And a few more chapters, this story will be a complete FICTION. Adios.. as usual, comments and upvotes are more than welcome : )