Wolf

Water

The weather was nice when they out of the house. The sun shone quite brightly but not too much, she could still see around without squinting her eyes. She felt safer with Kris’ presence but there was still a constant fear in her. After being bored of staring at the trees passing by and fiddling with strands of hair she had purposely pull of her head, she decided to turn the radio on.

 

-Strip (Chris Brown)-

 

“Ahahahaha…” an awkward laugh escaped .

 

“Is the song that amusing?”

 

“Your choice of songs is amusing.” She pressed next to his preset playlist and all the songs were either about , or just . Occasionally, she shot him a look and he felt it since he turned towards her.

 

“What? It’s not like I concentrate on the lyrics.” He shot, and she found it not logic, because it’s Kris she’s dealing with.

 

“Sure, sure. Yeah, right.” She replied in a much sarcastic tone but Kris ignored her. Moments later, she was humming to one of the songs. She had to admit, they are catchy.

 


 

“Damn it. Why now?” She heard Kris cursed under his breath. She got followed what his eyes were darted at, a big black wolf. She got scared (of course) and she felt her poor stomach turned inside out, acidic substance melting her insides.

 

“How do you even live in a jungle full of wolves?” She stammered, looking intently at Kris. She saw the colour of his eyes slightly change. Her worst fears just came to life.

 

“Stay in the car.” He ordered – his low voice was now a husky grunt. He went out of the car, despite the rain and a terrifying black wolf just a few feet away from him. She was too confused, horrified at everything to even make a sound. She stayed put and sank in her seat.

 

She saw Kris running towards the wolf then ‘BAMM!’ he transformed into a large, light dirt brown wolf. It was him! Kris was the wolf whom she understood the other day. So that’s why he knew she was attacked by the wolf.

 

“What the hell? What? Kris? He…wolf? I’m so confused!” She said to herself, leaving that as the first sound that she made in the car after long silence. She was completely dazed with the whole situation. I’ve been staying with a wolf before? was hung opened.

 

He pounced on the black wolf and a struggle between two savage but beautiful beasts happened. Kris growled and the black wolf growled louder. Kris pounced it again before the black wolf went sprawling a few metres away then loped away, disappearing into the woods.

 


 

Rhea waited patiently at the front seat for a thorough explanation while Kris changed into some clothes he had brought in the back seat. Apparently, transforming into a wolf rips all the clothes on your body and when you transform back into human, you’re in a birthday suit.

 

After a while, he was back in the driver’s seat and turned the engine on. They were on their way again.

 

“You’re a wolf.” She broke the silence with a hurtful fact.

 

“Werewolf.” He corrected. She had so much in mind but it was so twisted that she couldn’t say more.

 

“You’re not scared?” he asked later.

 

“Will I even make it home?” She answered back with a question, clearly stating her fear.

 

“Yes, you will.” He reassured, putting his hand on hers, as if it was natural for him to act like that.

 

“I trust you. Make it worth.” She intertwined their fingers and caressed the arch between his thumb and index finger with her thumb. She saw him biting his lower lip and his breathing sounded heavy.

 

“You’re so easily , maybe because you’re a werewolf.” She laughed and he frowned.

 

“You just don’t know what you did to me all the time.” He said later and clearly she doesn’t feel comfortable. She knew what he meant.