Unaccepted

Water

Rhea entered the room, feeling y and hot, and nervous at the same time. She was partly sure they would take her in that day. After two years of trying so hard, they would take her as the new member of the Studio N’s best pole-dancing team. But she was wrong, very wrong indeed.

 

Everyone had their eyes on her when the door creaked open. Of course, their mouths were widely opened.

 

“Yah, Rhea. You kidding me? You totally look like a e! This is the worst costume you’ve ever come up with. “One of the female dancer said, which was then followed by horrifying laughters. She ignored them, and waited for the leader to comment.

 

“Rhea, there’s two style of pole dancing. One: Professional style, and of course two: the ty style. You obviously look like the second style. “Hani, the leader, said and together all of them laughed at her.

 

“Why don’t you just give up, Rhea? I mean, for two years in a row, you’ve showed us your tremendous efforts and to be honest I pitied you. It’s not that you don’t have any skill, but, it’s just that we think you’re too curvy for pole dancing. Have you not noticed the difference between us? You’re too curvy and we’re thin.”

 

Rhea could feel her blood boiling. Hani was indirectly saying that she was ‘fat’, and no one liked being referred into the oversized category. There was nothing wrong with her figure, but their figures were.

 

Skinny, thin- the body of skeletons. Those were enough to describe their body. Nothing was really pretty with that. Rhea admired only their skills in pole dancing – not their body, not their attitude and not their style. While Rhea on the other side, owns a killer body- perfectly fit and healthy; so her presence in the team could have bring danger to their ranking.

 

“Hani, stop lying. You just dislike me really much. And, I will stop trying this time because I promised myself that I’ll stop trying if you don’t accept me today. I regretted wasting two years for this ty thing. Adios, you jealous meanie.” She stomped on her foot, walking out of the studio angrily.


 

Rhea packed her stuff, and went out of the house to the bus station. It was a nice sunny day so she had planned to go for a swim at the lake where she used to go when she was a kid. She wanted to lose herself after the day she was called a e.

 

That lake was definitely her territory. No one else had swum there. Well she guessed so, because she had never seen anyone going there. She was very particular of that lake, and surely, the lake had known her too well too.

 

Once she reached that deserted-like lake, she immediately changed into her swimsuit. She was so used to this – mainly because the lake was always empty. She could only hear her own breathings and the sound of nature. Even if there were sounds of footsteps, they were hers.

 

She liked the feeling of water flowing around her skin. One year of learning pole dancing was a waste, and so did the two years of trying to get into Studio N’s dancing team. She could feel her dreams shattering into pieces and regretted what her father had told her before this.

 

“You’re wasting your life on pole dancing and no specific jobs.” She could sense the logic and truth of those words her father had uttered, but it was too late now.

 

She had not realized how long she was in the water until she suddenly felt a cramp.

 

What had happened to the special bonding between her and the lake?

 

 [A/N]: So I retyped this thing. Hopefully it wasn’t as lousy as before –but I think it is. I must keep the storyline so this was the best I could do. Hoping for you to keep clicking next because I promise you, the future, later chapters are way better than this.