We are my OTP

Wonderland

Jessica sniggered as her fingers uncontrollably tapped on the black keys of her MacBook Air; laptop screen displaying letters that formed into words.

"I love you, Jessica. I... I want you.. t-to want me.. too," the shorty hung her head low, hoping to hide the tinge of pink that had occupied her cheeks.

She flexed her fingers together with a wide grin plastered on her face. She saved the word document first, deciding to continue on her story after a little nap; forgetting to close the application and her laptop.

**

Taeyeon was bout to pass by the third room on the hall to use the bathroom when she heard stifled giggles emitting from the closed door. Her brow arched at what she heard; the room had not been occupied for a while since some of the members chose to stay at their houses instead of the dorm and she wasn't used to how crowded the house had become because the members were gathered again for promotions.

"Was that Sooyoung?" She mumbled, right fingers scratching her chin, "But the voice sounded too.... sweet."

She pressed her left ear against the wooden door, curiosity growing each second but the giggling stopped just when she was about to twist open the doorknob. She furrowed her brows and waited for a few seconds before slowly opening the door, only to be greeted by Jessica’s curled up figure on the bed. She scanned the room; the open laptop on the desk caught her attention and she slowly walked towards it.

Her eyes narrowed when it fell on the words on a word document.

"OTP? W-what's that?" She mumbled under her breathe before scrolling down on the document. She bit the corner of her upper lip, suppressing a smile when her eyes caught the sight of her name... and Jessica.

"Sneaky," she muttered, eyes never leaving the screen as she continue reading some parts of the document.

After satisfying her curiosity, Taeyeon decided to exit the room; but not before tucking Jessica under the covers and almost kissing the younger girl's forehead.

**

"Fany?"

Tiffany looked up from the magazine on her hands to see Taeyeon sitting across her on the dining table and raised a questioning brow at the older girl.

Taeyeon scratched her chin before saying, "D-do you know what OTP m-means?"

Tiffany furrowed her brows then shook her head, "Is that like a disease? Like STD?"

"I--" Taeyeon bit her lower lip in contemplation, "I d-don't know."

"Why are you asking, anyway?"

"I--nothing. I-it just popped up in my head. So, yeah, nothing."

"How come it pops up in your mind when you don't know what it means?"

Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulders and reached for a chocolate bar that was laid on the table.

Sunny, who sat beside Tiffany, cleared ; making Taeyeon and Tiffany turn their heads towards her direction. Taeyeon looked at her questioningly while Tiffany just gave her a smile and returned to reading.

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop on you lovers but.." She looked at Taeyeon who glared at her before biting on her sandwich.

"We're not lovers, Sunkyu. The midget's in love with hmpnmmmp!" Tiffany struggled to pry Taeyeon's hand off .

Taeyeon sheepishly smiled at Sunny before signaling the girl to continue.

Sunny casted Tiffany a questioning glance before continuing, "Anyway.. OTP means One True Pairing.. and it's not some disease. I think you get what it means, right?"

Taeyeon arched a brow and let go of Tiffany's mouth, "O-one true.. what?"

"Jeez, you're so slow. And your hands are dirty! Don't ever do that again!" Tiffany glared at Taeyeon which the latter just waved off.

"One true pairing. It's what you call two people that you think suits each other perfectly. Like you want them together. One true pairing." Sunny said nonchalantly before munching on her sandwich again.

With wide eyes, Taeyeon asked, "T-together? Like together, together?”

"Yes, you dork. Together. Like till death do us part, together. Like happy ever after, together. Like growing old together with 50 cats." Tiffany rolled her eyes before standing up, flicking Taeyeon's forehead and walking back to her room.

Taeyeon’s lips then curved into a smile before breaking into a wide grin.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you? You look like a creep!” Sunny said, eyes narrowing at the older girl’s grinning face.

“OTP..” Taeyeon mumbled before waving at Sunny and disappearing to her room.

**

“So, are you done with your story yet?”

Jessica practically jumped out of her skin when Sunny’s voice came behind her ear; her eyes widened in sheer terror when she realized that the younger girl had been peeking over her shoulder.

“H-how long have y-you been here?”

“Long enough to read parts of..” Sunny peeked over the laptop screen again, scrolling the document back to the topmost part, “We are my OTP.” Sunny then smiled wickedly at Jessica.

“I.. i-it’s not what you think, okay? It’s just.. something I got on the internet. I-I was just curious so I.. read it.”

“Hmm, I wonder if Taeyeon saw this. She asked Tiffany earlier what OTP means.”

Jessica’s eyes widened once again, as if the sockets won’t be able to hold her eyeballs in any longer.

“S-she did? W-what did she say?”

Sunny shrugged, “Just asked what OTP means and when I explained it to her, she was grinning like the dork that she is.”

“Oh..”

“Oh?”

Jessica just shook her head and flipped her laptop screen close.

“Anyway, Taeyeon asked me to call you for dinner.”

“I’ll go wash up first.”

Sunny smiled and nodded as she looked at Jessica who walked out of the room with a towel on hand. When the door closed, she flipped the laptop screen open again and let the printers do what it should do.

**

The members, except Yoona who had a drama filming, lazed on the living room after eating dinner. Hyoyeon scanned the channels with bored eyes while Tiffany complained once in a while when Hyoyeon wouldn’t settle on a channel she actually likes; Yuri and Sooyoung were playing Sudoku on the coffee table; Seohyun had her teeth sunk in a Nicholas Sparks novel; Jessica was playing with Prince and Taeyeon was just idly sitting on an armchair.

“Where’s Sunny?” Taeyeon suddenly asked, noticing the absence of the aegyo queen. The other girls just shrugged at her as they went on with their own activities.

Taeyeon looked over her shoulder, hoping to see the younger girl on the kitchen but she wasn’t there so she just decided to look at someone more interesting instead. A smile was etched on her face as she stared at Jessica and Tiffany’s dog playing on the floor. And she realized how much she missed the crowded dorm.

“..Taeyeon looked at Jessica in the eye and said, ‘Sica, I think I’m falling for you. W-will you.. I mean, d-do you.. No, no.. I mean, I-I love you.. d-do you love me too?’

Seven heads turned towards Sunny who stood on the archway of the hall where their rooms are situated, with papers on her hand. Five eyes looked at the aegyo queen with questioning eyes while Jessica looked at Sunny with horror and Taeyeon looked at her in surprise.

Sunny smiled, “That story was ‘We Are My OTP’ by none other than woori Si—“ A hand that was shoved on interrupted her midway as she found herself on the floor with Jessica on top of her.

Laughter then resounded in the living room.

“Who would have thought that our Sica is this cheesy?” Yuri commented, shaking her head.

“Well, not me.” Tiffany said, standing up to help Sunny and Jessica on their feet.

“Unnie, you shouldn’t be minding other people’s business. That’s rude.” Seohyun commented with a disapproving look.

Sunny smiled at the maknae, “Don’t worry Seohyun-ah, Sica doesn’t really mind,” she casted Jessica a glance, “Right, Sica?”

Jessica glared at her before snatching the papers on her hands.

“I hate you.” She said through gritted teeth before turning on her heels to walk to her room.

“W-we..” Everybody’s head, including the fuming Jessica, turned to Taeyeon who had her head hung low.

They kept silent, waiting for her to continue.

“We.. we are.. m-my OTP too.”

Jessica’s cheeks heat up as soon as Taeyeon finished her statement. The other girls laughed at how red the two older girls' face had become.

“..and she stuttered,” Hyoyeon commented.

Taeyeon stood up from her seat and moved towards Jessica who stood beside Sunny with mouth slightly agape. She took Jessica’s hand in hers and mustered all her courage to look straight in Jessica’s eyes. And when their eyes met, Taeyeon could swear she just melted into a pile of jelly.

“So, how does this end? Do I kiss you on t-the lips… or—“

“Taeyeon, stop. It’s not funny. These,” Jessica raised the papers that she had retrieved from Sunny, “..these doesn’t mean anything. I was just bored and had nothing better to do.”

Jessica retracted her hand and turned to walk towards her room once again, leaving a confused Taeyeon.

“Yah! What are you doing still standing there?” Sooyoung yelled, snapping Taeyeon out of her thoughts.

She looked over her shoulder, “Huh?”

“Chase after her, duh?” Sunny rolled her eyes before violently pushing Taeyeon towards the room where Jessica disappeared, causing the older girl to stumble on her feet.

“Y-yah!”

“Go!” Six girls yelled in unison.

“M-maknae..” Taeyeon said.

Seohyun smiled, “Go unnie.”

**

“Sica?”

Taeyeon gently pushed the door open, only to be greeted by an empty room. She furrowed her brows and went further inside. Realizing that the younger girl wasn’t in her room, Taeyeon decided to sit at the edge of the bed and wait for the younger girl instead.

“Aish, you need to start believing me..” She mumbled, unaware of the door opeing and closing again.

“I didn’t lie, okay? I like us to be together too. We are my OTP too, you see.” She continued mumbling, occasionally rubbing her chin.

“You do?”

Taeyeon jumped out of the bed when Jessica’s voice resounded inside the room.

“H-how long have you been here? Jeez, you scared me.”

“We are your OTP too?” Jessica said, walking towards the bed.

“I-uh..” Taeyeon fidgeted as Jessica came closer and closer until the younger girl sat beside her.

“I.. meant what I said..” She admitted in a shy voice before taking Jessica’s hand in hers again, settling it on her lap.

Jessica smiled and nodded before dropping her head onto Taeyeon’s shoulder. The older girl breathed in Jessica’s shampoo and scent.

“Do you think we should have kids too? I read something about us having kids in one of those stories on the internet earlier.”

Jessica’s head shoot up and faced Taeyeon with wide eyes, “T-taeyeon!”

Taeyeon grinned, “Hmm, how ‘bout seven immature grown up kids? I think you’d be a great mother.”

Jessica smiled while shaking her head, “I’m a horrible mother.”

“But I think you’ll be a wonderful wife.”

Jessica’s cheeks heat up once again. She dropped her head back to Taeyeon’s shoulder to hide her blush.

“Maybe.”

Taeyeon smiled and leaned her cheeks against the top of Jessica’s head.

“No doubt.”

 

OTP, we're my
OTP, baby you and me
We'd be so y

 

-----

A one-shot I did yesterday while waiting for my last examination. :D It doesn't make sense, really. Hahaha.