Definitely

Wonderland

Her gaze travelled from the sparkling yellow lights that emitted from the long stick Yoona was holding to the younger girl's face that glowed because of the light the sparkler offered. To Yoona's left was Seohyun reprimanding her unnie of the dangers the sparkler may cause while to Yoona's right was Sooyoung with a bowl of sliced fruits; giving instructions to Yoona while shoving fruits into . It was a sight to see, like the angel and devil was standing in each of Yoona's side. 

Eyes travelled down to Sooyoung's knee level and a smile plastered on her face as she watch Tiffany playwith Prince, all the while telling Yoona to be careful with the sparkler. 

Yuri stood beside Tiffany with a big smile on her face, looking down at the Hwang and Prince, as she commented on how motherly-like the latter was. Typical of Tiffany and Typical of Yuri. 

Sunny, who stood beside Yuri, had a can of beer in one hand while the other snapped photos from her smartphone. She was laughing at the three youngest of the group, commenting how worried Seohyun's face had turned out. 

Their new Japanese album blasted out from the speakers as Hyoyeon turned the volume up and semi-danced to My Oh My. She laughed at Hyoyeon's childish acts, especially when she shouted 'oh, father father'. 

A smile never leaves Jessica's face as she watch her girls--her sisters with affection. She loved them, so very much, that she could never imagine life without them. 

Years and years in training; waiting, waiting, and waiting for the day that she'd be able to debut. She almost gave up then; thinking that the idol life wasn't really for her, that Jessica Jung would never ever belong to the idol world. Almost, until she was ushered to Lee Soo Man's office and asked if she would like to be part of a girl group with nine members including her. Nine. Members. She cringed at the idea then; she was never one to associate herself with people. She liked being alone. 

But the girls' child-like behaviors had put Jessica's heart at ease; and for the first time in years, she opened herself up to others. And right then and there, Jessica knew that she belongs in the rowdy group of over-grown elementary school kids. That the girls were her home, and that no matter how many magazines she cover or ads she model for, she will always be Girls' Generation's Jessica Jung. That, she knows for sure. 

"Unnie! Come on out, time for fireworks." Seohyun's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. She smiled at the wonderful maknae who had always been there for her; whether she needed the younger girl or not. 

"Happy new year, Jessi!" She heard Tiffany say before she was pulled into a warm hug; something her body had grown used to. She smiled at her bestfriend, remembering how the eye-smiling girl from 9 years ago was the very first person to break her cold facade. Tiffany had her at 'Do you want to eat pasta? Or pizza maybe?'. 

"Come on, Sica." Yuri said, hand stretched out towards her and she took it whole-heartedly. The black pearl had always been thoughtful of her, even before their debut. Even if she ignored most of the people during their trainee years, it never stopped Yuri from approaching her and try breaking the layers and layers of concrete wall she built around her -to which Yuri successfully did. 

They all stood side by side; arms brushing against each other as they crowded the balcony of their dorm--old dorm, which now only Taeyeon, Tiffany and Sunny occupies since the others, including herself, chose to live with their families. 

"5.." Tiffany started counting and Jessica could swear the younger girl's eyes shone brighter than the stars that night. Maybe it was Nichkhun's doing; she's not sure, but she's happy for Tiffany. She's happy for Tiffany's happiness. 

"4!" Yoona shouts out loud, mouth opening wide like it always does when they are in the confines of their dorm. Yoona is very pretty; with or without makeup. Always had been, even before she became Korea's Sweetheart. But these days, she had been glowing more brighter, her eyes more happier than they ever did. It was Seung Gi's doing for sure, and Jessica can't help but envy the younger girl. Not that she likes Seung Gi, no. There is someone she likes--loves, but surely cannot officially have... yet. Not yet. When the time is right. Maybe. 

Tomorrow, Yoona's life will change. Maybe not much but there will be changes, Jessica knows that.  They all know that. Tomorrow, their company would confirm Yoona's relationship with Korea's Favorite Son, Lee Seung Gi, and they are all waiting in anticipation as to how the public would react. They know not everything will go smoothly, but one thing is for sure; that Yoona will always have them and Seung Gi whatever the outcome may be. 

"3!" Sunny followed, lips curving into that unique smile that Jessica always finds comfort in. She used to find it annoying how mischievous the smile turned out before. But that was before. Before she knew the Lee Sunkyu hidden underneath the bubbly personality; the sensitive girl who always looked out for her members, the Lee Sunkyu who had been nothing but a blessing in their lives. 

"2.." Hyoyeon said in english, earning giggles from the other girls because of the weird pronunciation.The blonde girl may look like a total goof to onlookers, but she was actually the one person they confide in. Hyoyeon never runs out of words to say; some funny but always with a sense. Hyoyeon knows most of their secrets, especially Jessica herself since she finds it comfortable to talk to Hyoyeon about the things she could never tell Tiffany. 

"1!" The nine girls said in unison as colorful fireworks bursted out, coloring the night sky of Seoul. It was pretty and Jessica's eyes were glued on the majesty displayed before her eyes. Her sister, Krystal, had always fancied fireworks; dragging her to firework displays as they hide in their layers and layers of coat and matching black caps. Fireworks reminded her of Krystal. Too bad that her sister wasn't around to spend the new year with her. Well, at least they get to hug each other at MBC's Gayo Daejun a while ago before Krystal and the rest of the f(x) girls were ushered to the airport for an overseas event. 

A grin found its way to her lips as stubby fingers interlaced with hers, pulling her out of her reverie. Eyes averted to her side and she was greeted by the sight of Taeyeon's side profile; lips stretched into a smile as she looked at the fireworks that continued bursting out into the night sky. Green and red illuminated their leader's face, making Taeyeon more beautiful than she already is, and Jessica finds it hard to look away. 

Taeyeon had always been beautiful, and is getting more and more beautiful each day. There was something about Taeyeon that always pulls her in, making all the butterflies in her stomach go crazy. That, and all the other cliches a love struck fool could think of. Taeyeon is the epitome of perfection; with her pure heart and innocent face, it's hard not to love Taeyeon. And love Taeyeon was just what Jessica did--had been doing since the first time Taeyeon offered her her sandwich and bottle of water, muttering incoherent words as a blush crept into her cheeks one lazy day at SM's huge practice room. And as much as Jessica want to say that she loves all her members equally, she can never lie to the fact that she's a little bit biased with Taeyeon. A. Little. Bit. Okay, maybe more. 

"Happy new year, Jessica." Taeyeon said, finally turning to face Jessica. It was barely above a whisper and Jessica was thankful she focused on Taeyeon, choosing to tune out the other girls as they laughed and talked in awe. 

"Happy new year, Taeyeon." she said and offered Taeyeon hersmile; something that was exclusively for Taeyeon. Hyoyeon dubbed it as 'Taeyeon's smile' and Jessica could not agree more. 

Taeyeon nodded before pulling Jessica inside their dorm, closing the glass sliding door that separates the balcony from the living room as they stood just beside the glass door, inside the living room. It was dimly lit and Jessica was once again lost in the mesmerizing sight before her -Taeyeon's solemn and comforting face. 

Jessica casted the other girls a glance before looking questioningly back at Taeyeon. The older girl didn't say a thing, instead she took hold of Jessica's other hand and slides a silver band on the ring finger. 

"Let's promise to take care of each other from now on." Taeyeon said, admiring the ring that now adorned the beautiful finger. 

"You know I've always cared for you. I don't need to promise anything." 

Taeyeon chuckled at Jessica's cockiness before pinching the younger girl's cheek. "But we forget sometimes. And so this ring will remind you that I, Kim Taeyeon, will always care for you, Jessica Jung, no matter what the situation is." 

Hands then cupped each of Jessica's jaw line, thumbs and index fingers rubbing her earlobes ever so softly. 

"Did you know the legend of the New Year's kiss?" 

Jessica cocked a brow at Taeyeon before shaking her head no. 

Taeyeon's smile widened as she inched closer to Jessica, stopping just when their lips were about to meet. 

"They said that, whoever you kissat new year's eve, you'd end up being with them for the whole year." 

Jessica stood rooted in her spot as Taeyeon's warm breath brushes against her lips. "But it's not new year's eve anymore," she managed to let out despite her shaky knees and fluttering heart. 

"But still.." Taeyeon closed all the gaps between their lips as she kissed Jessica with much fervor, as if it was their first kiss. 

"I love you, Jung Sooyeon. Be with me for the whole year. And the next.. and the next.. until you get tired of me." 

Jessica smiled at her bestfriend turned girlfriend, "You're stuck with me forever, Kim Taeyeon. I don't think I'd ever get tired of you." 

Taeyeon chuckled and was about to kiss Jessica again when the banging on the glass sliding door interrupted them. She groaned, causing Jessica to laugh and pinch her nose. 

"Let's go before Tiffany scolds us again about public display of affection and whatnot." 

Taeyeon scoffed, "Her boyfriend should really be here so she gets off our back." 

Jessica ignored the comment as she dragged Taeyeon back to the balcony. 

"I love you, Taengoo. Always. Forever." 

"I love you too, Sica-yah~" 

Jessica smiled, wrapping Taeyeon's arms around her from the back as she leaned on the balcony railings, "I'm really really looking forward to ddukguk tomorrow morning."

Taeyeon propped her chin on Jessica's shoulder before nodding yes.

This is definitely where Jessica Jung belongs; in an apartment twenty feet above the ground, surrounded by rowdy, kind-hearted girls, wrapped inside Girls' Generation's Kim Taeyeon's warm embrace. Definitely.

 

-----

Happy new year, guys! Wrote this while I went grocery shopping with my sister yesterday. Lol the line on the cashier was so long that I got bored... and hungry, thus resulting to this! Ta-da! Just added some details today like the Gayo and whatnot. I was supposed to write something about the Marchen Fantasy and SBS Gayo too. Maybe later tomorrow. But can I just say? Taeyeon was sooo y in TTS' Crazy In Love performance. So. y!

Aha, that was it and HAPPY NEW YEAR, again!