Forever starts tonight

Wonderland
Bodies sprawled on the floor of Taeyeon's apartment and she can't help but laugh at Sooyoung who looked like she was going to go into a coma anytime soon. Sunny, her short friend, was blabbering about not going to befriend romantic people again and Taeyeon laughed once again, eyes scanning the balloons that littered the floor together with Sunny and Sooyoung's bodies. There were baby blue and purple balloons -mostly purple because that was her girlfriend's favorite color. Another smile graced her lips, a sweet and thoughtful one.
 
"Taetae, I got the cake ready," she heard Tiffany yell from the kitchen, making her stand up from her spot on the floor.
 
"Guys, come on. It's time for decorations." Taeyeon pats Sunny and Sooyoung's legs before pulling them to stand on their feet. The tallest girl groaned before limply following the two short girls inside the kitchen.
 
"Do you think she'll like the surprise this year?" Taeyeon asked, uncertainty lacing her voice, making Tiffany roll her eyes at the older girl.
 
"If you haven't noticed yet, she likes everything you do."
 
A hum came out from Sooyoung's lips as she dipped a finger into the icing. Seeing what Sooyoung did, Tiffany spanked the shikshin's hand before giving her 'the look', making Sooyoung retract her hand almost immediately.
 
"And besides, Taetae, Jessi's really easy to please. You should really know that."
 
Sunny nods her head, getting the cake out of the oven. "That's because she's helplessly in love with her Taengoo. Have you seen how she scared the heck out of all those guys in college with her glare? Dang, she could even freeze hell!"
 
Tiffany laughs, clapping her hands like a kid.
 
"Hey! Don't talk about Sica like that.." Taeyeon pouts, making Tiffany laugh even more and was joined by Sooyoung and Sunny.
 
The home phone rings, making the laughing trio stop as Taeyeon moved fast to answer it.
 
"Hello?" Taeyeon furrowed her brows at the sobbing sound from the other line.
 
"Hello? Who is this?" she tried again, only to be answered by another sob.
 
"If you're not talking then I'm--"
 
"Unnie, Jessica-unnie's in the hospital."
 
"K-Krystal?"
 
Sooyoung, Sunny and Tiffany stared at each other when they saw Taeyeon's worry-stricken face.
 
"Soojung don't kid around. Where is Jessica? She's fine, right?"
 
"I'm sorry unnie. Please come as fast as you can. She's been involved in a car accident."
 
Taeyeon shook her head rapidly, as if it would wake her up from a dream.
 
"N-no. No! She can't! It's our anniversary. No Soojung, you are just joking, right?"
 
Tiffany then moved to take the wireless phone from Taeyeon while pushing the older girl towards Sunny who engulfed the now crying Taeyeon in a hug.
 
"Hello, Krys? This is Tiffany. What's wrong? Why is Taeyeon crying?"
 
There was a pause in the other line and just when Tiffany thought Krystal wasn't going to answer, the youngest Jung's words drained all the blood out of her body.
 
"Tiff, Jessie's in the hospital."
 
"What?!"
 
**
 
Sunny had an arm draped around Taeyeon's shoulders as the older girl continued crying at the backseat of Tiffany's car.
 
"Taeng, everything's going to be alright. Sica's going to get through this. You both are going to get through this, okay?" Sunny consoled Taeyeon even though she knows the older girl isn't hearing anything but her own sobs. She wanted to assure Taeyeon and everybody in the car... and herself. They can't lose Jessica. Not now.
 
"Taetae, it's going to be okay." Tiffany added from the front passenger seat, voice lacing with uncertainty.
 
Sooyoung stayed mute since the news broke as she drives them to the hospital Krystal had said. She was closest to Jessica and she just can't quite grasp the thought of her bestfriend being involved in a car accident just yet. She refused to believe.
 
"I.. can't lose her.. I-I should have been.. with her." Taeyeon croaked between her sobs, heart wrenching at the thought of losing Jessica. Her love. Her life. Her forever. Five years with Jessica isn't enough yet. She wants more of Jessica. More of them. So no, she can't lose Jessica now. Not yet.
 
"You won't lose her Taeyeon." Sooyoung said curtly.
 
**
 
"Are you the girlfriend of Jessica Jung? Nurse Krystal asked me to bring you to her sister." A female nurse in her early twenties, asked as soon as the four of them entered the hospital.
 
Tiffany was the one to answer, seeing that the other two girls were busy comforting Taeyeon.
 
The nurse nods her head, "She's in room 503, I can bring you--"
 
"503? Isn't that the ICU?" Taeyeon was jerked back to life as the words enter her ears.
 
"Y-yes. You can.. follow me."
 
Taeyeon stood frozen in her spot, the words ICU swirling around her mind.
 
"Taetae, let's go." Tiffany smiled a nervous smile.
 
**
 
The journey to the ICU felt longer as Taeyeon speed walks towards where Jessica was. The nurse was discussing how Jessica ended up in the hospital but Taeyeon could care less, thoughts wandering back to when she first met Jessica; in an ice cream parlor, arguing with an eight year old because apparently she was first in line. The boy cried then, running towards her guardian who just gave Jessica a dirty look before exiting the ice cream parlor. Taeyeon was amused at the fact that an eighteen year old would argue with an eight year old just because of ice cream.
 
"We're here," the nurse's voice brought her back to the present and she feels her tears welling up again as they stood outside the ICU; its windows covered with curtains and there was no sign of light from the inside.
 
"Are you sure she's here? I mean.. you could be wrong, right?" Taeyeon's voice croaked at the end as she bit on her lower lip to stop her tears from falling.
 
"I'm sorry," the nurse lowered her head before bowing and walking away.
 
Taeyeon takes in a deep breath, fingers grasping the cold doorknob.
 
"Taetae, we're all here for you, okay?"
 
A nod of the head and Taeyeon takes another deep breath, hoping to sooth her nerves. Finally finding the courage to turn the doorknob open, Taeyeon pushes the door lightly, only to be greeted by darkness.
 
"Why is it so dark in here?" Sooyoung spoke as she peeked over Taeyeon's shoulder with ease. Sunny hummed her agreement while Tiffany walked silently behind them.
 
Taeyeon's heart was pounding so loud in her chest she thought it wasn't normal anymore. She took careful and light steps towards where she assumed a bed was situated.
 
She was already in the center of the room when suddenly the lights , making Taeyeon jump mid-step.
 
"Happy anniversary!"
 
She blinked, and blinked, making sure that Jessica was really standing in front of her, with a cake in her hands and a wide smile on her face. Taeyeon immediately ran towards her girlfriend, heart pounding louder than before as she cupped her Jessica's face, checked for any wounds and let her tears of relief flow.
 
"You're not hurt, right?"
 
Jessica shook her head, biting her lower lip. She laid the cake on top of the bed before pulling Taeyeon in for a hug. "Did I scare you? I'm so sorry," she whispered in her girlfriend's dark tresses as Taeyeon continued sobbing.
 
"Taengoo, I'm so sorry."
 
Taeyeon shook her head before detaching herself from Jessica and hastily wiping her tears.
 
"It's okay. I was just so worried."
 
Jessica smiled. "I wanted to surprise you. But I think I over did it--"
 
"Hell yes! You almost gave me a heart attack!" Sooyoung yelled from behind Taeyeon and Jessica finally noticed the three other girls as they stood with Krystal in a corner.
 
Jessica sent Sooyoung an apologetic look before pouting.
 
"Oh no, woman! Don't give me that look! I am not going to forgive you!"
 
Sunny sent an elbow to Sooyoung's ribs, making the tall girl slightly double over.
 
"Jessi, don't do that again please. I feel like I lost three-forth of my life worrying about you." Tiffany said, eyes as gentle and understanding as ever.
 
Jessica nods, "Sorry Tiff."
 
The room fell silent then, the girls waiting for Jessica to say something.
 
Taking in a deep breath, Jessica held Taeyeon by her hands. "For the past five years you were always the one who surprises me on our anniversaries," she let out a small smile which Taeyeon immediately mirrored, "And I figured it would be a nice change if I'm the one who'll surprise you this year."
 
Taeyeon's smile widened as she squeezed Jessica's hand.
 
"And I'm sorry if I scared you."
 
Taeyeon nods, the smile never leaving her face.
 
"Kim Taeyeon," Jessica lets go of Taeyeon's left hand as she fiddles with her jeans pocket. Finally finding the item, she brought it up for Taeyeon to see. Her girlfriend's eyes widened as they shift from the item to Jessica, incredulity written all over her face.
 
"I know I'm not a good cook, and I'm lazy sometimes," the other girls in the room laughs, "And I get really pushy sometimes and annoying and all things that is not in your list of 'ideal types'."
 
Taeyeon's tears fell once again when she thought she had no more tear to shed.
 
"But would you, maybe, want to marry this imperfect girl who loves you more than air conditioners and hair sprays?"
 
Taeyeon didn't answer. She felt like all the words were caught up in . So she pulls Jessica in, kiss her like there weren't people watching before nodding her head rapidly.
 
"I would love that," she finally managed to say before Jessica slid the ring in her finger. "Oh god, this is the best anniversary surprise ever." Taeyeon added, making Jessica smile once again.
 
"Glad you liked it."
 
"Are you kidding me? I love it! I love you!"
 
Jessica giggled before she was wrapped inside her girlfriend's arms once again.
 
"I thought I was going to lose you."
 
Jessica placed a peck on Taeyeon's lips before answering, "Taengoo.. you'll never lose me, okay? Never."
 
Taeyeon nods, "Forever starts tonight."
 
"Yes, forever starts tonight." Jessica smiles, letting herself sink in her fiancee's embrace.
 
 
 
-----
Short because I got bored from studying for finals :3 Lol.