Santa Soojung

Wonderland

A smile crossed Jessica’s face as she stared down at the words written on a piece of paper. Krystal had insisted they write their wishes on paper and put it inside the Christmas socks their parents always hang whenever Christmas was around –something they’d always do back when they were kids. She thought it was silly, but Krystal was persistent and she doesn’t have the heart to say no to her sister. And so here she is; staring at her wish as if it would make Santa appear right in front of her. For other people it may sound simple but for Jessica, it would take all the shooting stars in the galaxy to make it come true. She giggled at her wish before sliding it inside the plaid sock.

**

Krystal’s left brow rose at the sight of her sister’s shaking body. Jessica was giggling, and it was odd. Not that Jessica doesn’t usually laugh, but it was odd because she wasn’t talking to anyone. She was about to call out when she saw Jessica slid a piece of paper inside her respective sock, causing a mischievous grin to appear in Krystal’s face as she waits for her sister to walk away. When Jessica did, she silently walked to where her sister previously was, sliding a hand inside the plaid sock. Her grin widened before it turned into chuckles as she reads her sister’s wish. Who would have thought SNSD’s Jessica Jung could be this desperate? Not her, at least.

She shook her head before tucking the piece of paper inside her pocket. She then strolled to the front door with the mission of making her sister’s wish come true. By hook or by crook.

**

Krystal tapped her right foot on the tiled floor as she waits for the occupants of the dorm to open up. She had been knocking for thirty seconds already and she was growing impatient. Nobody makes Krystal Jung wait.

She was about to turn around and walk away when the door opened; revealing her half-asleep, half-awake Taeyeon-unnie.

“Sooju—Krystal?”

Krystal rolled her eyes, “May I come in?”

“Why—what are you doing here? Your unnie isn’t here.” Taeyeon said as she followed Krystal who didn’t wait for a permission to come in.

“Unnie, I need your help.”

Taeyeon furrowed her brows. It had been forever since she last talked to Krystal; and although hearing the younger Jung call her unnie once again feels a little awkward, she can’t deny that it sounds good in her own ears. She nods her head before beckoning Krystal to sit on the couch.

“Is there a problem, Soojung?”

Krystal didn’t answer right away as she fumbled with her jeans pocket until finding the piece of paper she had kept inside it. She smiled before handing Taeyeon the paper.

“I want to grant Jessica-unnie’s Christmas wish. Please, unnie.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened at the words written on the piece of paper as a blush crept onto her cheeks.

Unnie, your cheeks are really red. Are you okay?”

**

Jessica tossed and her bed as she tries to get herself to sleep. She had dinner with Krystal earlier and she realized how much she missed dining out. Although having Krystal’s company felt good, she can’t help but think that it would have been perfect if their other usual companion was there too. But the person wasn’t there. And maybe will never dine out with them again.

A sigh.

If Santa was real, maybe he would grant her her wish. She’s pretty sure she had been a good girl for the past months. If. Santa. Was. Real.

She closed her eyes again as she felt her body succumbs to sleep.

She doesn’t know how long she had been asleep, but she’s sure it wasn’t that long yet when she woke up because of the added weight on her bed and the arm that was holding her by the waist tightly and a face buried at the back of her head. The familiarity of the position was surreal and Jessica had to pinch herself just to make sure she was awake and wasn’t dreaming.

**

Taeyeon smiled through the dark brown tresses as Jessica’s fingers slowly intertwined with hers that was resting on the younger girl’s stomach. She was happy that Jessica didn’t kick her out but nervous at the same time that she doesn’t really know what she’s suppose to say. All she knows is that this is where she belongs; behind Jessica, spooning the younger girl to sleep.

“Why?”

She heard Jessica ask in a low voice and she can’t help but smile; knowing full well that the girl was asking about her sudden appearance. In her house. In her room. In her bed. Holding her in a vice-like grip.

She nuzzled Jessica’s hair before answering, “Santa said you’ve been a very, very, good girl this year. She asked me a favor and I immediately said yes—although she didn’t have to ask because I miss this and am more than happy to be here.”

Jessica chuckled as she tightened her hold onto Taeyeon’s hand, “Santa is a guy though.”

Taeyeon didn’t respond. Instead, she turned Jessica around so that they were facing each other.

“Merry Christmas, Sooyeon. Will you build a snowman with me tomorrow? And the next day? And the next, until the winter is gone? And then pick up flowers with me when spring comes around? And eat ice cream with me on the summer? And maybe we can share a warm cup of coffee in autumn? How does that sound?”

Jessica had a look of bewilderment as she looked at the smiling Taeyeon inches away from her. So, so close. Taeyeon holding her is one thing and Taeyeon talking to her was another. Her mind was still in a daze when she felt Taeyeon scooting closer to her before giving her an Eskimo kiss.

“I guess it’s a yes then?”

Without waiting for Jessica’s reply, Taeyeon closed the gap between their lips as she sent Jessica into cloud nine, bringing back memories of sweet kisses behind closed doors and stolen kisses inside the van on their way to schedules when everyone was sleeping.

“Would you build a snowman with me for as long as you can?” Jessica whispered as they pulled away from the kiss, trying to catch their breaths.

Taeyeon grinned and nodded before kissing the tip of Jessica’s nose.

“For as long as my joints would let me; then yes, Sooyeon-ah~”

Jessica giggled before snuggling close to the body that she missed the most. Merry Christmas, indeed.

She closed her eyes; a smile never leaving her lips as she whispered the wish she had written on the piece of paper.

All I want for Christmas is Taengoo.

 

 

-----

Better late than never, right? LOL. Merry Christmas, guys! How's your holiday so far? I hope you didn't get sick, because I did and it . >,< But anyway, I hope y'all are spending your holidays happily.