Their weekend romance

Wonderland

Jessica squealed, back landing on the soft mattress as a body crept up above hers. Brown onyx orbs connected with hers, sending her into a world where there were only two days in a week; Saturdays and Sundays. The body above her smiled; that smile she always adores with a dimple showing on the flawless chin. Her hands crept up to the person’s neck, eyes taking in the dark bags under the small eyes. She frowned, “You haven’t been sleeping again,” hands travelling to the person’s cheeks, cupping it.

The person smiled.. or at least tried to. “I’ve been thinking about you last night.. a lot. I was just so excited to be with you.”

Jessica looked away, guilt eating her up. “I’m sorry... Taengoo.”

Taeyeon shook her head and took Jessica’s right hand from her cheek, bringing it to her lips and kissing the palm tenderly. “Hey, you don’t have to say sorry, I understand.”

Jessica gingerly turned her head back towards Taeyeon and was immediately greeted by a warm smile, which she reciprocated whole-heartedly. “You’re so adorable, what am I gonna do with you?”

Placing a peck on Jessica’s lips, Taeyeon smiled and pulled away. “Be with me on weekdays, maybe?”

A sad smile ghosted over Jessica’s face and Taeyeon immediately regretted what she said. “I was just kidding,” she moved away from Jessica, lying on her side beside her girlfriend. “I really missed you,” she wrapped her arms around Jessica’s form before pulling her towards her body, suffocating Jessica in a wonderful way.

Jessica nodded her head before nuzzling it onto Taeyeon’s neck. Hearing a sigh from the older girl, she kissed the neck of her girlfriend. “I missed you, too, so much.” She scooted closer to Taeyeon’s body as if the closeness wasn’t enough yet. “What have you been up to these days, Kim Taeyeon?” her voice stern, hints of jealousy evident on it.

Taeyeon laughed; loud and so unlady-like, making Jessica’s heart flutter. “I’ve been on the beach.. our beach. I watched the sunset and did some thinking.”

Jessica nods, remembering the first time Taeyeon took her to their beach. It was the same day that Taeyeon had admitted on liking her. She remembers that day clearly, as if it was carved in her heart. She knows the direction by heart, too, as they frequent it when everything wasn’t as complicated as they are now. Since then, they always make it a point to visit their beach; whether together or alone. Taeyeon had been frequenting the beach nowadays, while Jessica was busy with her photoshoots and auditions for commercials and dramas.

“Alone?” She quirked her brow, face still buried in Taeyeon’s neck.

Taeyeon laughed again, body shaking against Jessica’s. “Of course, alone, since my girlfriend is busy.”

Jessica scoffed, “What were you thinking about?”

“You... us... everything.” Taeyeon’s hand rubbed Jessica’s back tenderly.

“What about me?”

A wide smile appeared in Taeyeon’s face. “How beautiful you are and how lucky I am to know you.. work with you.. sing with you on stage.”

“Taengoo-yah, you’re being too cheesy again. What is it, really?”

Taeyeon pushed Jessica slightly away from her to look at her girlfriend in the eye. “I was thinking about you.. and how much I love you.. that it hurts.”

Jessica placed a hand in Taeyeon’s exposed cheek, her eyes softening at Taeyeon’s confession. “You know I love you, right?” Taeyeon nodded, tapping the tip of Jessica’s nose. “And you know I will never leave you no matter what.”

Taeyeon swallowed the lump in as she tore her eyes away from Jessica’s. “And you can’t leave him, either.” She mumbled but Jessica managed to catch it, making her heart wrench at the pain she inflected in Taeyeon’s heart; the big, fragile heart that yearns only for her. Taeyeon doesn’t need the pain, neither does she deserve it and Jessica feels terrible. Really, really terrible.

A thumb came up to her cheeks and that’s when she noticed the tears that had stubbornly escaped the confines of her eyes.

“Don’t cry, Sica-yah,” Taeyeon smiled, comforting and warm, “I don’t blame you.. it’s just the way things are.”

Jessica shook her head because she was being selfish—always had been selfish ever since the first time their agency noticed the change in their relationship. She saw the hurt in Taeyeon’s eyes the day she denied their relationship in front of Lee Soo Man, and the day she was forced to ‘have a relationship’ with Donghae. She saw Taeyeon walk away from the scene, steps heavy like she was wearing metallic shoes in a magnet filled floor. Jessica had to look away from her girlfriend’s dejected figure then, it was too much for her. Hurting Taeyeon was one thing and agreeing to SM’s set up was another. But then again, it was all for the group.. and Taeyeon. Mostly for Taeyeon.

“Don’t think too much about it, okay? I’m just happy you’re here with me.” Taeyeon kissed her temple, snapping her out of her thoughts. She smiled, nodded her head, before reaching for Taeyeon’s collar, pulling the girl’s head close to hers before she captured the plump lips that had always been hers, tasting chocolate and mint.

“Did you eat chocolates without me, again?” Jessica pouted, parting their lips.

Taeyeon laughed awkwardly, “I couldn’t wait for weekend.. but hey, I left you some. We can eat it now.”

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Some girlfriend you are.”

Taeyeon grinned, “But you still love me no matter what.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Jessica smiled, pulling Taeyeon again, capturing the lips she missed the most over the week.

**

The afternoon sun seeped through the thin curtains of the opened window, gracing the room with its beautiful faint orange light. Taeyeon smiled in contentment as she watched Jessica sleep, body curled up against her. She traced circles on the of her girlfriend; a habit she developed over the times Jessica slept in her dorm room. A frown made its way to her face as she peeked over the digital alarm clock on the nightstand; another day was about to end. She was so lost in her thoughts that she failed to notice Jessica’s body stirring, only when a kiss landed on her chin did she turned to look back at Jessica.

“What time is it?” Jessica whispered in a groggy, y voice.

“Almost six.”

Jessica nodded, “Do you want me to make you dinner?”

Taeyeon raised a brow at Jessica who snickered at her reaction.

“What?” Jessica asked, still snickering, “I studied cooking, okay? I know how much you love eating. And,” she traced the contour of Taeyeon’s exposed face with her index finger, “Krystal said my cooking had improved.. unbelievably.”

Taeyeon chuckled at the last word, “I knew you had it in you, Jessica Jung.”

Jessica placed a peck in Taeyeon’s lips before rolling to her side and getting off the bed, picking up Taeyeon’s dress shirt and putting it on. She tied her hair in a messy bun, making her look so relaxed. Taeyeon smiled, amusement evident in her eyes. How she managed to capture Jessica’s heart is way beyond her. Jessica is... sinfully beautiful inside and outside.

“Byuntae,” she heard Jessica say before the door of the room closed. She shook her head, heart pounding loud at the thought of being loved back by Jessica. She should have been used to it by now, but she never did. It still surprise her how much Jessica loves her.

She stayed in the room for a couple more minutes before deciding to follow Jessica in the kitchen. She picked up her clothes and immediately put them on, tying her hair in a bun, too.

She smiled at Jessica’s busy figure before she closed the distance, wrapping her arms on her girlfriend’s waist, eliciting a gasp from Jessica. “What’s for dinner?” She peeked over Jessica’s shoulder, chuckling at what her girlfriend had prepared. “Omelet rice for dinner?”

Jessica nodded. “You like them.”

“Yeah, but for dinner?”

Jessica pouts, turning to face her girlfriend, only to bump her nose with Taeyeon’s. “You don’t want it? Fine, then.”

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes in a playful manner before grinning. “I love everything you cook.”

“Really now.” Jessica rolled her eyes, turning back to the food as she transferred it to a plate. “Can you go check on the steamed egg, please?”

Taeyeon looked at her incredulously before doing what she was told. “Why is there too much egg tonight?”

Jessica scoffed, walking towards the dining table with two plates in her hands. “You’re not eating, then.”

“Wha-I never said I don’t want to eat!” Taeyeon immediately moved to Jessica’s side, leaving the steamed egg on the kitchen counter. “Sica, I’m sorry.”

Jessica bit the inside of her cheek, stopping herself from laughing at Taeyeon’s panicky face.

“Sica, it was just a joke—“

A kiss landed on Taeyeon’s lips before she was pushed down to a chair.

“I’ll just get the steamed egg.”

Taeyeon shook her head, smiling at how good having Jessica around feels.

**

“Donghae’s picking me up.”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon through the vanity mirror as she put on her earrings. Her girlfriend wasn’t looking at her, choosing to read a magazine on the bed, instead. She sighed; knowing Taeyeon was just faking it.

“Taengoo..”

Taeyeon finally looked up, meeting her gaze in the mirror. A small smile crossed Taeyeon’s face as she nods her head before immediately bringing her attention back to the magazine that she had been staring for the past fifteen minutes.

Jessica stood up from the chair, moving towards the bed and sitting beside Taeyeon. She dropped her head into Taeyeon’s shoulder before she felt a pair of lips landing on her forehead.

“I’ll see you at practice tomorrow.”

Jessica didn’t like how flat Taeyeon’s tone was.

“I’ll be thinking about you for the next five days.” Jessica said, hoping to ease her girlfriend’s troubles.

Taeyeon nodded, not tearing her eyes away from the magazine. “Same here.”

Wrapping her arms around Taeyeon, she squeezed her girlfriend. “I love you, Taengoo-yah.”

A genuine smile graced Taeyeon’s lips as she finally let go of the magazine and turned to face Jessica. “I love you too, Sica.”

“Get some rest, please.”

Taeyeon nodded like the obedient girlfriend she was.

The insistent ringing in Jessica’s phone had the both of them sighing. “I guess you have to go now.”

Jessica’s shoulder slumped as she gave Taeyeon one last long kiss. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Taengoo.”

Taeyeon watched as Jessica slowly walked towards the door, opening and closing it again before the front door opened and closed too. She lazily dropped her body on the bed, arms covering her eyes as she wills herself to sleep. Two days with Jessica would never be enough. Not that she wouldn’t see the girl everyday, though, since they are in the same group. But she still misses her Sica even though she’s practically an arm-length away every weekday. She knows the relationship with Donghae was just a set up and Jessica is hers and only hers, but she can’t help but get jealous at how Donghae could brag about Jessica being her girlfriend inside SM the way she could never do.

Her phone beeped, bringing her attention to the small metallic device. A smile made its way to her face when she saw Jessica’s name on the screen.

I miss you already. I love you, Taengoo! Be good or HellSica will hunt you down.

**

It was a Thursday and the group was free from practice for the day, which leaves Taeyeon to mope around their dorm. Tiffany and Sunny had insisted that she go shopping with them but she politely declined them, saying she wasn’t in the mood to go out. Truth was, she just wanted to curl up in bed and smell the remnants of Jessica’s shampoo on her pillow. She wished Saturday would come sooner so she could hug the girl again.

She was so engrossed in her own world that she didn’t noticed the front door and her room’s door opening and closing until a body dropped into her bed, arms automatically pulling her towards them and she was engulfed in a tight hug.

“Sica?” she pulled away, making sure her mind wasn’t playing tricks on her.

“Yes, Taengoo.” Jessica smiled, pulling Taeyeon back in her embrace.

“W-why are you here?”

“Visiting my girlfriend? Duh.”

“I mean, why.. now? It’s Thursday.”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon. “I know, I have a calendar too.”

Taeyeon shook her head. “I mean, why? On a weekday.”

“You don’t want to see me?” Jessica narrowed her eyes and Taeyeon immediately shook her head.

“I-I just thought I wouldn’t get to see you.. until Saturday.”

“I can’t wait until Saturday,” Jessica smiled kindly at Taeyeon, “And I have something to say.”

Taeyeon nods her head, signaling Jessica to continue.

“I broke up with Donghae.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. “B-but what about the company? Y-you didn’t want us getting caught.”

“It feels wrong using Donghae as a cover up, it feels more terrible knowing that I’m hurting you everyday.” Jessica intertwined their fingers, “And I don’t care what the company has to say anymore. I love you way too much to let other people decide who I should be with and shouldn’t be with.”

Taeyeon’s lips gradually broke into a smile. “You love me too much, huh?”

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Don’t even start, byuntaeYeon.”

The infamous ahjumma laugh echoed inside Taeyeon’s room and Jessica found herself being cradled in her girlfriend’s arms once again.

“Now I don’t have to worry about the weekdays,” whispers Taeyeon.

Jessica smiled, “I now declare everyday Saturday or Sunday, whichever you prefer.”

“I love weekends,” Taeyeon said, eyes fluttering close as Jessica’s chuckles lulled her to sleep.