Haters gonna hate

Wonderland

Taeyeon tip-toed behind Jessica and peeked over the latter's shoulder. She heard the younger girl scoff then sigh dejectedly. She kept silent behind Jessica, not letting her presence known just yet as her sight caught the laptop screen and the website Jessica is currently viewing. It was an article about the younger girl and she can't help but furrow her brows at the ridiculous comments written at the bottom of the page.


'Jessica looks old. Why is she still in Girls' Generation?'


'She's a stuck-up .'


'She's an attention seeker.'


'Her voice sounds like mine when I have a really really bad cold. *evil laugh*'


'Pft, she can't even dance!'


'She's lazyyyy!'


Not being able to take the comments anymore, Taeyeon sits beside Jessica, turning the laptop towards her direction.


"T-taeyeon?" The flustered brunette said in confusion as Taeyeon furiously type on the keyboard.


"T-taeyeon.. what are you doing?" Her eyes widens, seeing what Taeyeon had typed.


"You are none of these things, Sica. They shouldn't be talking about you this way. They don't even know you personally."


"But Taeyeon, we can't stoop on their level."


"But I can, Sica. And I will."


Jessica wanted to smile at the older girl's statement but decides against it. She may never admit it but the words of her haters hurt. She heaved a sigh before standing up.


"Where are you going?" Taeyeon asked, finally tearing her eyes away from the laptop screen.


"I-I'm just going for a walk. I'll be back." Jessica answered before turning to walk to the door.


"Wait!" Taeyeon said, halting Jessica on her tracks, "It's cold outside." She walked towards Jessica before handing a winter coat to the younger girl.


Jessica eyed the brown coat on Taeyeon's hand before taking it. She smiled at Taeyeon and opened the door.


"Now, where should we take a walk?"


She jumped a little when she heard the older girl's voice behind her. She thought Taeyeon remained inside the room.


"We?" She inquired, earning a wide grin from Taeyeon.


"Yes. We, as in you and me." Taeyeon answered, pointing her index finger from Jessica then back to her.


"Why 'we'?" Jessica asked and followed Taeyeon who now walks ahead of her.


"Well, I'm bored and you need company. It's win-win."


"Yeah, but Fany is here. You can spend time with her so you wouldn't get bored--"


"I thought of a place already! Let's get going." Taeyeon turned to look back at her with a smile before opening the front door. Jessica only shrug at her friend's weird behavior. It's rare for Taeyeon to be like this. And besides, she does need the company.


**


"So, what have you been up to?" Taeyeon asked as they walk side by side on the bridge over the Han River.


"Just photoshoots and fan-signing events. You know, the usual." Jessica shrugged and wrapped her coat tighter around her body.


Taeyeon nodded, eyes fixed in front of them.


"You know, I go here whenever I feel like everything's just too much.." She trailed off to look at Jessica beside her.


She smiled before continuing, "I shout whatever I want here. I let go of all the negative feelings. And it really helps."


Jessica looked over the river then back at Taeyeon. She stopped on her tracks when the older girl stopped on the dimly lit part of the bridge.


"Come on, you can shout what you feel. The river won't judge you." Taeyeon urged and leaned her body against the railings.


"But you will hear," Jessica said in a shy voice.


"And I will not judge you." Taeyeon grinned widely at Jessica before nodding her head towards the still river.


Jessica bit her lower lips in hesitation, afraid that there will be passersby who would recognize her, and that maybe yelling her troubles out in the open is not the best idea.


"I HATE THOSE ANTIS!!!"


She was so startled when Taeyeon's loud voice echoed in the river, she looked around in panic to see if anybody noticed them; but to her surprise, the cars just went forward, not even rolling their windows down to look at the two girls.


"I-I CAN DANCE! B-BETTER THAN YOU HATERS COMBINED! A-AND MY VOICE IS NOT SO BAD! A-AND OF COURSE MY FACE WILL MATURE! I AM NOT SOME ETERNAL BEING THAT WOULD REMAIN FOREVER YOUNG! A-AND I'M N-NOT LAZY! I-I'M JUST SHY!"


Her tears were already building up at the corner of her eyes, "Y-YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO JUDGE ME JUST BECAUSE I LOOK COLD!"


By the time Jessica finished yelling, Taeyeon came closer to her and cupped her hands around her own mouth, "I, KIM TAEYEON, PROMISE TO BE THERE FOR JESSICA JUNG WHENEVER SHE FEELS DOWN! AND I WILL PROTECT HER FROM ALL THE JUDGMENTAL EYES OF THE WORLD!"


Jessica looked at Taeyeon questioningly but older girl just shrugged her shoulders and grinned at Jessica, revealing her chin dimple.


"T-thank you.. Taeyeon.."


"No need to thank me, Sica."


They fell silent after that, eyes looking at anywhere but each other.


"I--"


Jessica's head automatically turned to look at Taeyeon when she heard the latter talk.


"I.. missed this."


Jessica smiled and nodded, "I missed this too."


Jessica interlaced her fingers with Taeyeon before pulling the girl to continue walking.


"I think I want to eat ice cream."


Taeyeon's eyes lit up at the mention of the sweet delight and she hastened her steps, pulling Jessica by the hand.


"I know just the place," she said and urged Jessica to walk faster.


Jessica giggled at Taeyeon's action, "Slow down, Taengoo."


Taeyeon abruptly stopped upon hearing her old nickname. She then turned back to see a blushing Jessica and moved closer to the girl again.


"What did you just call me?"


"I-I said.. N-nothing.. I-I said s-slow down T-Taeyeon.."


"Really now.."


"Y-yeah, let's just go already.." Jessica said, trying to avoid Taeyeon's intense gaze, only to shiver when she felt a pair of familiar lips pressed onto her forehead.


"I missed you, Sooyeon."


She smiled, finally able to meet Taeyeon's gaze again, "I missed you too, Taengoo."


Hearts flutter and bodies pressed together in a warm hug.

 

 

----

A quick one-shot before I return back to studying. :D