Star King

Waiting for You

Chapter 2

Taeyeon’s PoV

Another busy SMent day for us. All groups are practicing for the comeback stages that will be staged if not this month, the successing months that will come. I was a bit busy for my song recording of If/ Manayage right now…. I am left with Kim Sung Saengnim for our vocal lessons and I think recording too.

“Taeyeon-ah… I’ll be rescheduling you for today… I have an emergency call form Ms. Joo’s entertainment…” Mr. Kim said while I was listening to the melody of Manyage.

I removed the headphones from my ear and said, “Is that so?... when will we practice then?”

“Next week…. We will record the song already by then so please get ready…” he replied.

I nodded and bowed in fron of him and then he bade goodbye. And now… I am left in this practice room with my Ipod on. Should I go practice with the girls today?  Ah never mind! I’ll just practice my parts here….

“Noye  fantasy neol sumgim ubshi malhaebwa… neonun Genie neaga dulloh julgae~”

I was in the midst of reaching those high notes in Genie when I heard someone knocking by the door. I pressed the pause butted and waited for that person to open the door.

“Annyeong Taengoo!” It was my angel who knocked. I was happy that it was him. So happy that my heart was pounding very fast.

I bowed at him and said, “Annyeong Teukie~”

He giggled when I said Teukie as he walked towards me to give me a pat on my head. “Teukie! Ahahha! You’re the only one who calls me that!”

“I know!” I said proudly. “I am your Kim Taeyeon!”

“Yup!” he replied that made me blush. “You’ll always be my sister Taengoo~”

I sighed lightly in dismay but I did not show it to him. Yes… I am just a sister to him that’s why…

“So why are you here alone?” He asked while playing with the glass of water placed on the center table. He lay flat on the couch like he’s at home having a movie night.

“My schedule with Kim Sungsaengnim was cancelled and so I decided to just practice my parts here.” I replied as I sat on the floor while staring at his angelic face.

“Chincha?!” He asked. “Why was it cancelled?”

“He said that he’ll be at Joo unnie’s entertainment… I think he’ll train her today…” I said.

“Ooooohhh!” he said with a smile enabling me to see his cute dimples. “Why stay here alone?”

I giggled lightly and said, “Nothing! Just wanna be alone for now…”. “You? Why are you here?”

“Oh nothing! I just heard the angelic voice of my dongsaeng and so I decided to enter this room…” he replied. I was glad that he liked the way I sang the high parts…

“You like it right?” I asked him.

“Of course! Who would’nt like the angelic voice of my baby Taengoo?!”

“Haha!” I giggled. “But oppa, you can stop calling me like a baby right now… I am 23 years old already!”

He sat straight after I said those words and leaned towards me who was still staring at him. “But you’ll always be my baby sister…”

I just smiled with his response… so it’s official… I’ll just be a sister to him…

There was a moment of silence around until my phone rang. It was a call from Ho Dong oppa. He said that I’ll be the surprise guest for today’s show.

“Oppa… I have to go… Ho Dong Oppa called and told me that I’ll be appearing at Star King today…” I informed Leeteuk who was busy playing with his sweater.

“Oh!” he looked at me intently and said, “I’ll be going there too… why don’t we just go there together?”

“Will that be fine to you?” I asked.

“Of course Taengoo-yah!” he said with a giggle.

“Okay!” I said excitedly. “I’ll just get my bag at the dressing room… let’s meet at the lobby down stairs instead.”

“Sounds good to me!” he replied.

I immediately ran to our dressing room to get my purse. I saw Sunny and Sungmin playing Monopoly together too.

“Finnish with the training Sunny bunny?” I asked.

“Neh unnie!” she replied focusing on the game.

“Taeyeon-ah… you’ll be at starking today right?” he asked.

I was preparing my bag when I replied, “Neh… why?”

He sighed lightly and respinded without even glancing at me, “You have to be prepared with everything… with the questions and the answers that they will give… the he will give…”

I stopped what I was doing and looked intently at Sungmin. “What do you mean?”

“Nothing…. I’m just saying that you need to prepare yourself with whatever that will happen later… arasso?!” he said as he smiled at me.

My heart beat became faster and I was worried about what he was saying. Aish! Taeyeon-ah… don’t mind Sungmin anymore… he’s always like that.

I finished preparing everything and so I went outside the dressing room and walked towards the lobby. While walking, I can’t help but to think at what Sungmin said a while back. What if it has something to do with Leeteuk? He knows that I like him… well… it’s only Leeteuk who’s clueless right now…

“Taeyeon-ah!” Leeteuk called.

I looked at him and walked faster. He was probably waiting there for 10 minutes now.

When I was standing beside him he asked, “Is there something bothering you?”

I looked at his worried expression and said, “Ani… don’t mind me…”

“No really… what is it?” he asked.

“Nothing!” I replied and forced a smile… we were about to exit the building when Onew called me.

“Taeyeon-ah!” He shouted and ran towards us.

“You’re admirer is here!” Leeteuk teased while looking at the running chicken lover.

I punched his muscular arm and said, “Shut it!”

“Annyeong Hyung!” he bowed at Leeteuk first, “Annyeong Taeyeon-ah!”

“What is it Onew?” I asked.

“You’re going to StariKing now right?” he asked.

“Neh!” I replied.

“Want me to give you a ride?” he suggested.

“No thanks! Teuk Oppa will drive me there already…” I replied.

Leeteuk smirked and said, “I can drive by my own… you can go with him Taeng!”

“Hyung!” Jonghyun butted in. “We have something to do right now… kaja!” he shouted as he pulled Onew away from us. While he was pulling him away, he gave me a wink signaling that everything’s under control and that I can go with Leeteuk now…

Oh I owe Jjong big time for this! He knows my secret and right now, he’s helping me!

“Woah!” Teuk said. “That was sad for Onew… he won’t be able to give his future girlfriend a ride.”

“What?!” I exclaimed. “Did I here you right? Future girl friend?! Oh please~” I said in dismay. Oppa! You’re the one and only person whom I like. And if it’s not you, I’d rather be a nun! Why can’t you see that?!

“Just kidding!” he said. “Kaja! Let’s head to Star King!”

“To star King!” I cheered with him.

His car was just in front of the building so we did not take a long walk. And of course, Oppa as gentleman as always, opened the door for me. “Komawo!” I murmured and he just left me with a smile.

I entered his car and took a seat at the passenger’s seat. And low and behold I saw lots of Joo unnie’s albums. Looks like oppa is a big fan of her.

“Lots of Joo’s music eh?” I teased.

He giggled as he started the engine and opened his radio system. He insterted a CD from Joo’s album and listened to it well.

“I am a fan of her that’s why…” he informed me.

I nodded and said, ‘Ohh… well, unnie is an awesome singer! She can belt those high notes without any difficulties!”

“Exactly why I like her!” he said.

What? Did I hear it right? Oppa likes Joo Unnie?

“You…. Like…. her?” I asked while I was looking at him.

“Yup!” he replied.

Ouch! That was a complete ouch for me today… Is this the start of what Sungmin was saying? But the show hasn’t started yet…

I did not look at oppa anymore… I just stared at the dark path leading to Star King’s studio while the words ‘I like her’ keep on repeating on my head.