Chapter 17

Honey Pot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 17



[Hospital – Private ward]


Yoona stood at the side with her folding arms. She leaned against the wall and had a serene smile. Her heart felt so calm upon watching the scene that was happening in front of her eyes.

Jessica, Yuri and Taeyeon gathered near the bedside. The blonde; in particular, was bawling her eyes out while gripping her bestfriend’s hands.

 

“Jess, can you just please stop crying already?” Tiffany chuckled. “I’m not dead, you know?”


“Yah! Don’t you ever said that word again, you hear me?!” Jessica’s voice was still cracked. “I’m just happy that you’re finally awake.” She hugged the girl on the bed.


“Me too~” Tiffany flashed her eye-smiles and tightened the embrace.


“How are you feeling?” Yuri lovingly Tiffany’s silky black hair.


Tiffany took a deep breath. “New~”


“New?!” Taeyeon frowned.


“I don’t know how to describe it. It’s like…all this while I was having a bad dream, and when I woke up, everything seems so bright and colorful. I feel like a whole new person.”


The midget just scratched her head in response. She didn’t really get it. “And, that’s a good thing?”


Tiffany nodded like an innocent kid. “Yup!”


“Oohkaay…” Taeyeon was still puzzled. “Whatever it is, I’m really glad that you’re all okay now.”


“Yeah..” Yuri intervened. “We really thought we’d lost you.”


Tiffany smiled. “I thought I was gone too. But I guess…God is giving me a second chance in life. Maybe He has a bigger plan for me. Or…” She secretly glanced at Yoona. The doe-eyed girl was giving Seohyun; who just got there, a peck on the cheek and pulled her close for a sweet hug. “….maybe He just wants me to find love again~”



:: FLASHBACK ::




“Fany?!” Yoona was shocked to see the hand that just grabbed hers.


“Yoong…” Tiffany gradually opened her eyes. She tried to get up but couldn’t. She frowned instead as she could still feel a little pain in her weak body.


“Hey hey…Easy there. You’re still weak.” Yoona hastily went to Tiffany and rested her head back on the pillow.


“I…where…”


“Let me call the nurse!” Yoona hurriedly moved from the bedside.


Tiffany suddenly remembered something and quickly held Yoona’s hands once again. “Wesley…He was holding a gun…Oh God, are you okay?! Did you get hurt?!” She blabbered as her concerned eyes were looking at her former lover’s.


“….”


“Yoona?”


“….”


“Please say something~” Tiffany softly said. She couldn’t figure out what the younger girl was feeling. Yoona’s body just froze like a zombie. And her doe eyes…it filled with mixed emotions. Shock. Joy. Confuse. Anger?!



Yoona didn’t say a word. She suddenly snatched her hands away from Tiffany’s grip and abruptly moved backward. Her angelic face was now serious. Dead serious.




“Yoong?!” Tiffany was confused.


“Why did you do it?!” Yoona’s rage was visible in her voice.


“Excuse me?”


“Don’t tell me you didn’t remember anything.”


“I really have no idea on what you are talking about.”


“You got shot because you were trying to save me!”


A certain scene suddenly flashed inside Tiffany’s mind. She remembered how terrified she was when Wesley pointed his gun to Yoona. She didn’t even think at that moment. All she cared about was the doe-eyes’ life. “I got shot?” She used all her might to rise up from the bed.


“Yes! And you nearly died because of it! So answer me now. Why didn’t you just let me take the bullet?!”


Tiffany opened but nothing came out. She blinked a few times before quietly continued. “I can’t~”


“Why?!”


“Because…” Tiffany started to stutter.


“Because?!”


“BECAUSE IT’S YOU!!” Tiffany raised her voice. “I don’t want to lose you, okay?!”


Yoona paused for a moment before quietly scoffed. “You are so selfish, you know that?”


Tiffany widened her eyes. She couldn’t believe her ears. “Wait a second. Let me get this straight. You said it yourself that I SAVED your a$$, and now I’m being selfish?! Are you freaking serious, Im Yoona?!”


“You want to know why I called you selfish?!” Yoona got closer to the bed.


“Why?!”


“BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T EVEN THINK OF WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME WHEN YOU’RE GONE!!”


Tiffany was taken aback. She finally understood the reason why Yoona was being so furious. Her fuming heart faded when she saw the other girl started to silently weep. “Yoong…”


“You could have died, Fany.” Yoona’s voice softened. “What if something bad happened to you because of me?! How could I live with that? How could I even live, knowing that I could never see you again?”


“I…”


“You said you didn’t want to lose me?! Do you know how scared I was when you were lying on my lap, struggling to even breathe?!” Tears already filled the doe-eyes. “It kills me to see that! It kills me to think that you’d risk your life and purposely letting yourself to leave me again!”



Tiffany started to cry too. She never realized that she had caused such pain to her ex-fiancé. However, her heart trembled knowing that Yoona still deeply cared for her although they were not together anymore. Somehow she felt…hopeful?




Yoona got nearer to the bedside and sat in front of Tiffany. “I’m warning you. This will be the last time you scared me like this. And don’t even think about leaving me again. Ever! Do you understand me, Hwang Miyoung?!” She tried to say the stern words with her cracked voice.



Tiffany couldn’t help but smiled. It was a tense moment for both of them earlier, with the yelling and all, but she felt calm listening to Yoona’s ‘warning’. Although the doe-eyes had serious expression all over her face, for Tiffany, the person in front of her was just a cute little stubborn girl who was determined to get what she wanted.

 

“I won’t ever leave you. Not anymore. Promise~” Tiffany tenderly cupped Yoona’s face.


“Good.” Yoona quietly said before wiping her tears away. She was about to stand up from her position when the hand of a certain eye-smiles stopped her. “You need anything?”


“C-Can you hold me?” Tiffany bit her lip and slowly spread her arms.


Yoona blinked and puffed her cheeks. “No. I’m still mad at you.”


“Pwease?” The girl on the bed flared a adorable pout and used her cute tone.



The doe-eyed girl sighed and s her arms around Tiffany. She could feel the latter responding by gripping tight her neck. As soon as their bodies collided, Yoona’s tears were streaming down once again.




“You have no idea how happy I am to hear your voice again.” Yoona tried to speak between her sobs.


Tiffany gently rubbed the back of Yoona’s neck and played with her long hair. “Shhh…Everything’s fine now…I’m not going anywhere~”



Both of the girls leaned away from the embrace. Their faces were now inches from each other, but neither of them budged. They were so close that they could feel each other’s breathing. Tiffany gazed deeply into Yoona’s eyes. Her heart was beating frantically at the moment. Something about the mesmerizing doe-eyes sent butterflies in her stomach. The black-haired girl couldn’t take control of her usually composed self anymore. It was like she was in a trance. She quietly panted as she felt her body moved closer and closer towards the younger girl.

Yoona noticed that Tiffany nervously bit her lower lip before she leaned closer. She found it really cute and y at the same time. Yoona let out a tiny smile before she slowly bend forward, like it was a natural thing to do. She couldn’t think straight as everything felt like a dream. She closed her doe-eyes and waited. But, as soon as Tiffany’s lips vaguely brushed against hers, Yoona’s brain clicked. Realizing what was going to happen, she rapidly stood up and backed away.




“I…uh…um…I should call the others…They…um…They should know that you’re awake now…” Yoona gave a panicky smile, trying to break the gauche moment.


Tiffany shut her eyes for a while. She blushed hard as she couldn’t believe what she was about to do to her ex. She gulped and nervously tucked her hair behind her ears. “T-Tell them tomorrow, please? I assume that it’s already late and I don’t want to trouble them.”


Yoona naively nodded. “Uh…sure..if that’s what you want.”



Awkward silence.




“Y-You should be resting. I’ll be over here if you need anything, okay.” Yoona headed to the couch.


Tiffany frowned. “You’re going to sleep there?!”


“Yeah~” Yoona simply said.


“Um, you can sleep on the bed with me…i-if you want.” Tiffany scratched the back of her neck.


Yoona tried hard not to blush at the abrupt request. “No…uh…I’m fine.”


“The couch looked uncomfortable. Besides, the bed is big enough for the two of us.” Tiffany refused to back down.


“But…”


“Please…it’s at least I can do~”



Yoona gave in. She strolled to the bed and climbed on it. Tiffany shifted to the side a little to make some space for the doe-eyes. Seeing that Tiffany almost fell from the edge of the bed, Yoona quickly held her by the waist and brought her closer. She later took Tiffany’s hand and placed it around her own body so that both of them would be in a steady point.




“Comfy?” Yoona sweetly asked.



Tiffany looked down to hide her burning cheeks caused from their current pose. She felt giddy inside her heart upon feeling Yoona’s touch on her waist. Feeling that the awkward moment before had passed; she tightened her koala-hug and naturally rested her head on the younger girl’s chest.




“Very~” Tiffany warmly replied. She loved the fact that both of their bodies being so cozily close like they were used to be. “So…how long have I been unconscious?”


“Um…about a week?” Yoona softly replied.


“A week?! Wow…that’s long.”


“Yeah~”


“And you stayed every night?” Tiffany looked up to the angelic face.


Yoona gazed back and smiled. “You can say that.”


Tiffany had a huge grin on her face. “Thank you.” She dreamily said as her head got back to its initial position on Yoona’s body.


“Anytime~” Yoona whispered. “Oh…and thank YOU for saving my life.”


Tiffany beamed lightly. “Anytime~” She then snuggled close to the doe-eyes and gave the night a rest.



:: END FLASHBACK ::


============================================================================================================


Days later~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter