Chapter 10

Honey Pot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Congrats SNSD for winning Video Of The Year for YTMA!!!!!!

Sones jjang!! >_<

Now waiting patiently for 'My Oh My' PV~ ^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

CHAPTER 10

 


[Kwon-Jung Residence]

 

 

 

“Would you like to try one?” Jessica brought up the plate that she was holding.

 

“Yeah, sure.” Seohyun took one of the cakes offered.

 

“So…are you enjoying the party?”

 

“Very!! I never thought I would, but tonight has been so much fun!” The younger girl excitedly said.

 

“Keke~ Good!” Jessica grinned. She stared at the girl in front of her seconds later. “Hey…Can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure, Sica unnie~”

 

“Uhh…is there something going on between you and Yoona?”

 

Seohyun stopped eating. She swallowed the cake inside in one go. “Me and Yoona?! Erm…we’re…we’re just friends…Why do you ask?”

 

“Nothing. It’s just that she seems…hm, how should I put this?” Jessica tried to search for the right word. “She seems comfortable around you. Yoona usually have a hard time mingling with new people.”

 

Seohyun smiled hearing the fact. “Really? Well, since we have worked together for quite some time now, I guess it’s quite normal that we are getting closer…Right?”

 

Jessica gave the younger girl a teasing stare. “Do you like her?”

 

The latter girl was dumbfounded by the simple question that she began to stutter. “I…um…well…you see…”

 

Jessica just laughed at her nervous respond and patted her back. “Where is that girl, anyway?”

 


_____*_____


Yoona and Tiffany seated side by side on the bench silently for a few minutes; not looking at each other. The crickets’ chirping can clearly be heard every now and then. Both of them just stared at the stars in the sky. Somehow, they both felt that things were not awkward anymore now that they were alone at the porch.

 

 

 

 

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” Yoona quietly spoke first.

 

“Yeah~” That’s all that Tiffany was able to say as she had a hard time holding back her tears upon seeing the girl next to her. She needed to calm herself down if she wants to sort thing out between the two of them.

 

“Are the stars in the States as beautiful as the ones here?”

 

“Hm, in L.A, I can just see tall buildings.”

 

Yoona sniggered. “You look cute in that dress, by the way.”

 

The latter bit her lips. “Hm, thanks. I…uh…just bought it yesterday.”

 

“For this party?”

 

“Yeah~”

 

“Cool.” Yoona awkwardly nodded. “How come you’re not inside? You do know that it’s your party, right?”

 

“Erm…It’s too crowded in there. I…needed some air.” Tiffany stuttered a bit.

 

“Well, maybe you should go inside in a minute. They were looking for you earlier.” Yoona still looked up as if she was talking to the sparkling stars.

 

Tiffany turned her gaze to the doe-eyes. She carefully chose her words. “Yoona…why are you here exactly?”

 

“Here at the party, or here on this bench?” Yoona bluntly asked.

 

Tiffany took a while before replied. “Here…next to me~”

 

The younger girl sighed deeply; still staring at the sky. “I’m asking myself the same thing.”

 

Although felt slightly hurt by the reply, Tiffany gathered her strength to continue. She wouldn’t waste the chance that she had yearned for so long. It’s now or never, Tiffany. “Yoona, we…”

 

“You didn’t even call.” It was Yoona’s turn to look at the girl beside her.

 

Tiffany was stunned by the sudden words. She nervously gulped. Here we go. “I was scared.”

 

Yoona frowned. “Scared? Of what?”

 

“Everything…After what I did, I felt that it wasn’t my place anymore to even talk about you, let alone speaking to you again. I was scared…of losing you.”

 

“But you still did.” Yoona coldly said.

 

Tiffany’s eyes began to tear up, but she was still in control. “Apparently. I still lost you.”

 

“Why did you leave me?” The doe-eyed girl timidly asked after took a long pause.

 

“I…I was stupid. It got nothing to do with you. I wasn’t thinking, Yoona. At that time, all I wanted was to grab the opportunity to work with the CIA. I know I should’ve never chosen the job over you, but I did anyway. Believe me, if I can turn back time, I would.” Tiffany kept rumbling on.

 

“You can’t even say goodbye?” Yoona grimly asked the girl beside her. Her face was emotionless.

 

“I couldn’t. I felt that if I said goodbye to you before I left, then…then it would be forever. I don’t want that! It hurts me to even think of not seeing you again.” Tiffany was choking on her words.

 

Yoona let out a mocking scoff. “I can’t believe you just said that. Then what about me, huh?! Have you ever thought about how I felt when you left?! You think it had been easy for me to accept that you were gone?! I was a wreck, Fany.” Yoona tried to continue despite her cracked voice. “I loved you. You were everything to me. But you still left! It took years for me to gain my life back. And now you just came back and expect everything to be okay?!” She raised her voice.

 

Tiffany couldn’t hold her tears anymore and started to weep. “I know things will never be okay again between us. I just…I just want to say sorry for what I’ve done. Please…Please forgive me~”

 

“I never thought you could be so mean to me, Fany. How could you just left and forget everything that we had?! How could you just forget all about me?! About us~” Yoona couldn’t stand the ache in her heart when she was muttering those words.

 

“How could you even say that, Yoona.” Tiffany showed the pain she felt through her teary eyes. “There’s not a single day went by that I wasn’t thinking about you. You are ALWAYS on my mind. You think I haven’t thought of coming back to you?! I was ashamed, Yoong. Because I’ve hurt you! I just…I don’t want you to get hurt again because of me.” She quietly mumbled. “I know that you hate me now. And as much as I want to be a part of your life again, I know that you wouldn’t let me. So, what I’m trying to say is that…I’m truly sorry for what I’ve done…and don’t worry…After the mission, I will…I will be out from your life forever…” Tiffany never had such pain in her heart.

 

Yoona just stared at Tiffany’s long speech. Fany, do you know how long I’ve waited to hear you calling me Yoong again?! She definitely could see that she wasn’t the only who had been hurt by the whole situation. Besides Tiffany, most of her close friends were affected too. The deer-eyes had enough~ Sigh. “Do you like working with the CIA?” She suddenly asked out of the blue.

 

Tiffany was taken aback. She couldn’t understand how the latter girl would ask such question at that moment. “What does…”

 

“Answer me.” The younger girl had now calmed herself.

 

“I learned a lot while working there. It felt right to be able to know that I’m helping the world to be a better place~” Tiffany hesitated with her own words. She didn’t want Yoona to think that she was making the right decision for leaving.

 

“Then…don’t…be sorry.” The doe-eyes softly said.

 

Tiffany gave a confused look. She couldn’t believe her ears. “W-What do you mean?”

 

“I’m just tired, Fany. I’m tired of all the drama. I’m tired of all the heartaches.” Yoona paused for a while. “I’m tired of losing you.”

 

Tiffany was surprised to hear those last words.

 

“All these years, I thought that I hated you. But when I saw you again, I realized that I don’t. I never have. How could I? I mean, look at you.” Yoona gazed into Tiffany’s eyes. “Fany, whatever happened to me after you left…that was not your fault. I’m a big girl and it was me who made the wrong choices. I know it took me a while to realize this, but…I wrecked myself~”

 

Tiffany paused for a second. She was a little stunned with Yoona’s sudden confession. “But, the accident…”

 

“I was fated to have that. If it weren’t for you, I would still meet with it anyway.”

 


Yoona suddenly held Tiffany’s hands. The latter girl jolted upon feeling the familiar touches again.

 

 

 

 

“Everything that happened between us, there’s no way that we can do anything about it. But before any of this, we were close friends. We had such great memories together. And I missed that. I missed talking to you; I missed hanging out with you.” Yoona softly spoke. “I missed you being a part of my life. If it’ll make you to feel better, then yes, I forgive you. But on one condition~”

 


Tiffany couldn’t say a thing. She just glad to hear what Yoona have just said and her words kept playing inside her head.

 

 

 

 

“I want you to be in my life again. I want to move on. Let’s just start over…together.” With that, Yoona abruptly stood up and wiped her tears. She held her hand forward towards Tiffany’s direction. “Hi…I’m Im Yoona.”

 

Tiffany chuckled at her sudden action. She too stood up and firmly took Yoona’s hand. “Hi, I’m Tiffany Hwang~”

 

“Hm, isn’t that supposed to be Hwang Miyoung?” Yoona asked using her teasing voice.

 

“Yah!” Tiffany lightly slapped Yoona’s arm.

 

Yoona let out a small laugh. She knew Tiffany hated her Korean name. “Would you like to be my friend, Miss Hwang?” She whispered; still holding the black-haired girl’s hand.

 

Tiffany couldn’t help but felt upset at the word ‘friend’, but she didn’t want to ruin the moment. She never thought that this day would come. She never thought that Yoona could be in her life again. “It would be my pleasure, Miss Im.” A tear suddenly escaped from her eyes.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong? Aren’t you happy th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter