Chapter 15

Honey Pot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 15



[Headquarters]


Seohyun rushed into the building. Her heartbeat was racing frantically. Once she reached the headquarters’ floor, the young handler scanned the whole office and her head was in every direction to search for her better half. Her heart sunk when Yoona was nowhere to be found. Something was definitely wrong~

Ever since Yoona left the apartment last night, Seohyun never heard from her doe-eyed girlfriend. She tried to call her several times, but it couldn’t be reached. She sent her a bunch of text messages but no replies. Yoona had never acted like this before. No matter how busy she gets, she would always find time to tell Seohyun on her whereabouts. That was the deal they had for each other since they became an official couple.




“The last place that she went to last night was…” Seohyun thought to herself and tried to remember the details. Her attention turned to a slim figure inside Taeyeon’s office. All of a sudden, rage boiled inside her heart. “Fany unnie’s!!”



The young agent quickened her pace. Taeyeon and Tiffany were having a serious discussion when Seohyun stormed into the room. She turned to the black-haired agent and pointed furiously.




“You!!” The young handler definitely was out of her mind. She was not herself anymore. Seconds later, Seohyun stomped closer and crudely pushed the slightly older girl that she fell hard onto the floor.


“What the heck do you think you’re doing, Agent Seo?!” Director Kim raised her stern voice. Her eyes widened upon seeing the not-so-composed Seohyun.


Instead of explaining herself, Seohyun continued to bombard Tiffany with the main concern of the day. “What did you do to Yoona?!”


Tiffany, who was now trying to get back up could no longer remain her calm. “What are you talking about?!” Her eyes shot a glare to the other girl.


“Pfft…Stop acting like you have nothing to do with it, Fany unnie. Now tell me where Yoona is!!” Seohyun clenched her fist saying those last words.


“Excuse me?!” Tiffany raised her brows. “How should I know?! The last time I checked, YOU are her girlfriend. Isn’t that YOUR job to know where she is?!”


Seohyun scoffed. “Oh, come on! You know what I’m talking about! You know that’s not even the case here! Yoona went to your place last night, and now she’s ditching my calls and texts. And now you’re saying that you have nothing to do with it?! Seriously?!”


“What are you trying to say?!” Tiffany frowned in return. “That I’ve kept her in my closet, handcuffed?! Or tied her up in my bed?! So that she won’t be able to see you again and I get to keep her all for myself?!”


“Yeah, you’d like that, wouldn’t you?!” The younger girl stared straight into Tiffany’s eyes.


Tiffany couldn’t believe that Seohyun would say that to her; especially after she silently tried so hard to support her and Yoona’s relationship, although it had hurt her to the max. All she managed to do was shaking her head in disbelief. “That’s very mature of you, Seohyun~”


“THAT’S ENOUGH!!!” Taeyeon suddenly shouted. She was aware that more and more people were crowding the office door to witness the circus between the top agents. She shot a deathly glare to her workers. “ALL OF YOU!! BACK TO WORK!!!” The other agents didn’t take long to break out from their little mob and quickly scattered away to their cubicles. The petite director then slammed the door closed and turned to the other girls. “YOU TWO!! SIT DOWN!!!” Taeyeon stated with gritted teeth.



The two agents followed to their director’s order. They didn’t even dare to say a word to Taeyeon; seeing that she had her infamous beastly look on her face. Both Tiffany and Seohyun sat on the couch in the office; at the very side of it, away from each other.




After a long pause, Taeyeon had a deep puffed out and started to speak. “Let’s just calm ourselves and act like an adult that we are. Now Seohyun, tell me what the problem is.”


The young agent sighed heavily. “I can’t find Yoona anywhere. I’ve gone to her apartment, and even to Yuri unnie’s, but she’s not there. She doesn’t return any of my calls. This is so not her, unnie.”


“What does any of that got to do with Tiffany?”


Seohyun gazed to her side. “Fany unnie’s apartment was the last place that I know Yoona went to.”


“So, you just barged in and attack her?! You didn’t even give her a chance to explain, Seohyun.” Taeyeon said.


“What do you expect me to do?! For all I know, Yoona and Fany unnie might have…”


“We didn’t even meet up last night~” Tiffany intervened Seohyun’s words.


The anger on Seohyun’s face slowly faded. “What do you mean?”


“Yes, she went to my place to bring me the files. But…I think something bad happened to her before she could do that.” Tiffany’s voice cracked upon thinking that her ex-lover might be in danger.


“What are you saying?” Seohyun let out a whispery voice.


“Seohyun, before you came into the office, Tiffany and I were actually discussing about Yoona’s missing.” Taeyeon bit her lips before continued. “We think that she might be abducted.”


Seohyun couldn’t believe her ears. She cupped her opened mouth with her palm. “What?! No…that can’t be true. Yoona’s been captured?! By whom?!”


“Wesley~” Tiffany quietly replied.


“How can you be so sure?” The concerned girl asked.


“Because of this.” Tiffany took out a silver bracelet from her pocket. Some kind of a weird symbol was engraved on it. “I found it near Yoona’s car when I went out to search for her. You see this sign?” She brought the armlet near to Seohyun and pointed to the symbol. “It’s Wesley’s mark. Whoever took Yoona last night must be from one of his men, I’m sure of it.”


“But why Yoona?! How could they even know about her?” Seohyun was puzzled.


Tiffany guiltily looked down. She definitely knew the reason behind all of it. “They want me. Wesley is using Yoona to get to me.”


“BUT WHY MUST IT BE MY YOONA?!” The younger girl was losing her patience.


“BECAUSE SHE’S IMPORTANT TO ME!!” Tiffany suddenly shouted and it startled the other two girls in the room. “I don’t know how, but I guess somehow they found out about the whole thing on Yoona and me. I know Wesley too well, Seohyun. I’ve studied him for the last few months and this is definitely his way to get what he wants; by using other people’s weaknesses. He wants ME! And he knows that I will do anything to get Yoona back. That’s why he’s using her.”


“Why does he want you so much? Because you stole the virus from him?” Taeyeon abruptly asked her agent.


“Not only that…” Tiffany had a sad look in her eyes. It killed her knowing that Yoona got into the mess because of her. “I killed his brother~”



:: FLASHBACK ::


[Los Angeles – Auction Night]






“This virus is the answer to your problems, gentlemen. With it, you can easily eliminate your worst enemies; CIA, FBI, competitions, you name it. So, I’m sure some of you can offer us more than that guy over there, right? I mean, 13 million USD?! Come on! You can do better than that.” Sark smirked to the bidders.



Wesley, who was sitting beside the suited man, just grinned upon looking the way his younger brother handled the auction. He knew that he could count on him on getting a huge price for the virus he created.

The night was supposed to be a great day for Wesley and his team. Bidders from all around the world; consisted of mafias, drug dealers and mobs, gathered to bid on the virus. The criminals knew that they would be one of the most powerful organizations in the world with it.






“20 million!” One of the bidders spoke out.



Before Sark could respond to that, a loud bang was heard on the door. The CIA joined in their little ‘party’ and ambushed the auction. The scene rapidly became chaotic in each second. The criminals went to random directions, trying to scatter away from the place and the huge room was filled with the sound of gunshots.






“Sark, move out!!” Wesley screamed to his brother during the frenzied state.


“I’ll get the virus! You go first!” Sark shouted.



Wesley nodded and ran to the exit, about 5 meters away from the spot. He however decided to wait for his brother there.

Sark was about to grab the virus on the auction table when he heard a click sound not far from his behind. He knew the sound too well. He stopped on what he was about to do and froze.






“Uh-uh…I don’t think so.” Tiffany smirked and pointed her revolver to the suited man.


Sark turned around and wickedly smiled. “We meet again, Hwang. You sure have gone prettier since the last time I saw you.”


“How sweet of you to say that. I’m so touched.” Tiffany sarcastically said before her fake smile washed out. “Now, hand me the virus and surrender! It’s over, Sark!”


The latter just confidently scoffed. “I don’t think so~”.



With that, he quickly gripped on the virus and arched his hand to his back to get the gun that was placed at the edge of his pants. Tiffany noticed this and instantly aware of what was going to happen. Following her instinct, she swiftly pulled the trigger and released a few shots to the latter’s chest area.

Sark jolted up a bit. He widened his eyes and clotted of blood started to come out from his mouth. His body slowly dropped onto the floor seconds later. Tiffany ran to his side and luckily got a hold on the virus just in time. She then looked up and saw Wesley stood like a zombie at the exit. He had witness the whole thing and his face turned white upon seeing his dead brother lying motionless.






“I’ll get you, Hwang! You’ll pay for this!!” Wesley yelled out to Tiffany with clenched fists. He fled the scene after giving the warning.


Tiffany stared blankly in return and just watched the criminal faded away from her sight little by little.”Bring it on, Wesley~”



:: END FLASHBACK ::


Tiffany closed her eyes and her hand slowly massaged her temple. She wished that she had never uttered those last words. Especially if she knew that the love of her life would be the one who was going to take delivery of the charge of her actions. Yoona’s angelic face wandered inside her head. A drop of tear fell onto her lap. Her eyes began to tear up with guilt.






“So all of this happened because of you?!” Seohyun suddenly said quietly.


Tiffany faintly turned to the girl. Seohyun was right. What happened to Yoona was her fault. She tried to search for her weak voice. Her eyes were still watered-down. “I’m so sorry. I never thought he would…”


“Stop.” Taeyeon interrupted her two agents. “This is not the time to blame anybody. The more important thing is Yoona’s safety. We need to get her back.”


“Where should we even begin? She could be anywhere by now~” Seohyun was being practical.


“The mission files that Tiffany supposed to get last night are on Wesley’s hiding place. Kang and Shin got the information days ago and finally managed to find it. We were supposed to attack him tonight.” Taeyeon explained.


“That’s great! Yoona must be taken there.” Seohyun shrieked.


“We’re still not sure on that. But that’s the only thing that we have for now. So, there’s no harm to start there.”


“Count me in!” The youngest agent suddenly said.


“No!” Tiffany suddenly stated. “This is a serious task, Taeyeon. Seohyun’s experience is not enough for this. We can’t take any chances. It’s Yoona’s life we are talking about.”


“I don’t care! I’m assigned to this mission too.” Seohyun protested.


“Listen to me, Seohyun.” Tiffany turned to the girl. “Wesley is a very dangerous man. He will do anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to make sure that we failed the mission. For your own safety, please just stay here and help us from the agency instead. Please?”


Seohyun paused for a while. She sud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter