Chapter 22

Honey Pot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 22

 


The young girl awakened from her deep slumber upon feeling some kind of weight on her single bed. She forced herself to open the drowsy eyes of hers. It was not until she had a good look on the figure who was sitting on the edge of the bed that she was totally up from her doze self.

Seohyun rubbed her eyes, not believing what she had just seen. Her lips drifted apart to speak, but nothing came out. Instantly, she felt like there was tons of weight lynching inside her heart. Her glassy eyes were desperately in need of letting of its tears upon seeing the familiar angelic face again. She missed her so much~

 

“Y—You?!” Seohyun cracked voice filled the room. The latter did nothing but smiled. “How do you know that I’m here?”

 

Her smile faded. The bright face had now turned into a gloomy one. “How could you just leave me, Seohyun? Don’t you love me anymore?”

 

“Of course I do, Yoongie!” The young girl quickly held Yoona’s soft hands. “I thought…I thought if I did what I did, then you…”

 

“Save it.” Yoona weakly muttered under her breath.

 

Seohyun was taken aback with the action. Anxiety had completely filled her heart at this point. “Yoona?”

 

The doe eyes kept staring at the younger girl. She leaned closer and gently brushed Seohyun’s lips with her own. Seconds after, as she was pulling herself back, Yoona let out a whimper whisper. “I love you…but I’m letting you go, Hyunnie~” She then started to walk away.

 

Seohyun froze. She eyed Yoona’s every step. When the earlier words finally hit her, the younger girl abruptly got up from the bed and firmly hugged her first love from the back. “No no no no!! You can’t leave me! Please don’t let me go! Not now! Not ever!” She screamed in between her sobbing. Seohyun gently placed her temple against Yoona’s back. “Is…Is this about her?”

 

Yoona stood still. “She makes me happy~”

 

Tears were streaming down her puffed cheeks. “But I can make you happy too! Trust me; I’ll love you more than she ever did!”

 

Yoona turned around to face the weeping girl. Astoundingly, she had a serene smile on her face. She cupped the puffed cheek. “No, you won’t, and you know it. You can never be her, Seohyun.” She walked near the window. “Goodbye~”

 

Seohyun sobbed harder as Yoona slowly vanished into the bright morning radiance. “Don’t leave me, Yoona!!” She kneeled on the hard floor. I love you~

 

 

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

 


Seohyun opened her eyes and quickly got up. She scanned her room, looking for a certain doe eyes. Nothing. The young girl turned to her bed once again. She ogled at her pillow. It was slightly damped.

She sat quietly at the edge of her bed; feeling dazed. Seohyun rushed to get her phone on the table. As she pressed a key to view her texts inbox, a small grin appeared on her lips.

 

:: I miss you so much, Hyunnie…Please say that you miss me too~ T_T ::

 

:: How long are you going to ignore me?? Don’t you want to see me anymore? ::

 

:: I know you’re still mad…I’m sorry. ::

 

:: Seohyun, we need to talk about us. I called you every day. Please answer them. ::

 

 

“Juhyun!! Breakfast!!” A loud voice called.

 

“I’ll be down in a minute, mom!” The young girl was still smiling. It’s just a nightmare, Seohyun. Yoongie is still not giving up on you. The plan is actually working! Just two more weeks…Seohyun hwaiting!!

 


=====================================================================================================================


[Headquarters – Briefing Room]


Both Yoona and Tiffany were in a meeting with some other agents. Director Kim was busy explaining in between her slides while the agents were busy taking some notes. All, except one. Tiffany couldn’t get her mind to focus as she kept giving secret shy glances towards the person opposites to her seat.

Her heart fluttered whenever she saw the doe-eyes chuckled, or even smiled. Taeyeon is probably telling one of her stupid jokes. Yoona concentrated on her files again. Tiffany had always admired ‘Im Yoona, the agent’. Her work ethics, her serious expressions, her intense stares…y~

Yoona suddenly gazed back. The black-haired was a bit startled to be caught off guard, but tried to flash a smile anyway. Yoona didn’t respond. Instead, her eyes signaled Tiffany to look to the front. She repeated it again and again. A bit more severe each time. Tiffany frustratedly frowned for not understanding what the younger girl was trying to imply.

 

“Agent Hwang! Do you even listened to what I just said?!” Taeyeon raised her voice to the dazed agent.

 

Tiffany swiftly turned her head to the petite director. She nervously nodded. “Of course! Uh…I totally agree with everything. You have my vote on that.”

 

Giggles filled the room. Even Yoona joined in. Taeyeon on the other hand, gave a puzzled look. “So…you really think that sending Mong; our TECH AGENT, who has NO experience whatsoever in the field operation, to get the Russian mafia, is a good idea?!”

 

Tiffany gulped and apologetically looked at the nerd at the first seat. “I…I mean, he could…um…you know…”

 

“Save it, Agent Hwang.” Taeyeon blankly said. “Shin and Kang, I’m assigning both of you in this mission. That will be all. Dismiss~”

 


The black-haired embarrassedly covered her flushed face as the others started to leave the room. She sensed somebody sat next to her seconds later.

 

 

“What’s wrong with you today? Got up on the wrong side of the bed?” Yoona teased.

 

Tiffany slowly looked up and sighed. “I…ugh…I just got so many things inside my head~” She lied.

 

“Oh…Work?”

 

“Yeah! What else would I be thinking about?” Tiffany nervously played with her fingers.

 

Yoona slowly nodded. “Um…Are we still on tonight, then?” She innocently asked.

 

“Definitely!” Tiffany hastily answered before Yoona could even finish her sentence. “Uh…I mean…Don’t worry. I can manage myself with the…ehem…work~”

 

The younger girl grinned. “Cool~”

 

Tiffany cleared . “By the way, what should I wear tonight?”

 

“Huh?” Yoona began to confuse.

 

“I mean…the game. We are going to the ICE-hockey game, right?”

 

“Yeah…So?”

 

“So…how many layers should I wear? Four? Five?” Tiffany gave a naïve look.

 

Yoona paused for a beat. She suddenly burst into a wicked laughter. “You have never been to this kind of game before, have you?”

 

“Yah!” Tiffany slapped her ex’s arm. “W-Well…people prefer basketball more back in L.A okay!”

 

“Oooohhhh…Snobby little American girl~” Yoona smirked at the flushed-face.

 

“I’m not snobby!” Tiffany cutely pouted.

 

The doe-eyes fondly stared at the cute act. She quickly recomposed herself before getting caught. “Um…just wear something casual. It’s not going to be THAT cold. But I suggest you to bring a jacket…or a cardigan along.”

 

“Aah…I see. I’m sorry. I just don’t want to be out of place with some weird clothing, you know?”

 

“Well…” Yoona softly spoke. “I don’t think that’s going to be a problem though.”

 

Tiffany slightly raised her brows. “How so?”

 

The doe-eyed agent stood up. “Because you look beautiful in anything~” She flashed a sweet smile before walked out of the room.

 

Tiffany let Yoona to be out of her sight before biting her lower lip. She eye-smiled, hugged her files close to her chest and left the room.

 


==================================================================================================================


Later that night~
[Yoona’s Apartment]


Yoona put on her leather jacket. She took a final check in front of the mirror, gently slid her hands down her shirt to make sure that she looked presentable. She grabbed her keys on the dressing table. As she was about to go, her steps stopped near the table’s first drawer. The doe-eyes instinctively let out a deep sigh.

She pulled the drawer out, putting her hand in and tried to reach something inside. A wooden box to be exact. It took a while before she finally managed to grip the container. Yoona blew the dust away and slowly opened it. Her eyes were fixated on the silver chain. It had been years since the last time she saw it.

 

Thought I’d never see you again~

 


Yoona was contemplating. Her brain battled against her heart whether to wear the necklace or not. Memories suddenly flooded inside her mind. The good, the bad. Everything.

One little remembrance however put her lips into a tiny smile. She picked up the necklace and let the sparkling circles dangling in front of her doe eyes. Yoona slowly put the chain around her neck and kept it safely inside her shirt.


_____*_____


[Tiffany’s Apartment]

 

 

“Fany?”

 

No answer.

 

“Are you in there?”

 

……….

 


Yoona had been knocking and pressing the doorbell for about 10 minutes now. But there was no sign of the apartment’s owner. The doe-eyed girl began to feel uneasy.

 

 

I wonder if she still….She bent down and lifted the flower pot near the door. She picked up a silver key. Bingo!

 


Yoona slowly opened the door and slanted her head inside. She let herself in seconds after. Her heart raced; worrying if something bad had happened to her former lover. After a few steps, her anxiety instantly faded when she heard the spattering jingles from the bathroom. The doe-eyes went inside the bedroom and knocked on the lavatory.

 

 

 

 

“Fany?”

 

Tiffany abruptly turned off her shower upon hearing the sudden voice. She quickly slid the glass door to the side and tilted her head out to make sure that the bathroom door was locked from the inside. “Hello?!”

 

“It’s me, Yoona.”

 

The black-haired girl sighed a relief. “How did you get in?!”

 

Yoona scratched her head. “Um, I’m sorry. I knocked a few times but you didn’t answer. I thought something happen, so I…uh…used your spare key~”

 

Tiffany laughed a little at Yoona’s culpable voice. It amazed her that the younger girl could still remember her old habit. “It’s fine. Am I late?!”

 

“No no no. I just want to let you know that I’m in, that’s all. It’s still early. Take your time. I’ll wait outside, okay?”

 

“Okay. Give me two more minutes’ yea!” Tiffany shouted from the inside. She hastily turned the shower back on and rinsed her shampooed hair in a rush, which caused the soapy water to dash all over the marbled floor.

 


*****


Yoona scanned the whole apartment. It felt a little weird for her to be back in the familiar space. The place where she used to spend most of her nights years ago. Nothing much had changed though. Everything looked exactly the same. It was like déjà vu all over again. Every little corner reminded her of the beautiful past she had with Tiffany. The kitchen, the couch, the balcony, the…piano?!

 

 

“I don’t remember you be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter