Chapter 18

Honey Pot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Are you ready for some tensed up moments among the characters??? Start your engine!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

CHAPTER 18



[Kwon-Jung Residence]




“Have you packed your bags?” Jessica asked while folding some clothes into her backpack.


“Sica-yah, the trip is not for another 4 days!” Yuri made a weird look to her fiancé as she took off her reading glasses.


“I know that. But I just can’t wait!!” The blonde grinned widely at her thrilled remark.


“Care to tell me why you are so excited?”


“I don’t know~” Jessica sat beside the tanned girl that their shoulders touched. “Maybe it’s because all of my bestfriends are going to be there.”


“But…your bestfriends are there EVERY SINGLE year.” Yuri tried to make a point. “What’s the difference this time?”


“Isn’t it obvious, Kwon Yuri?” Jessica rolled her icy eyes. “This time, my dear Stephanie is joining us again! Yah, do you know how hard it was to not speaking about her in front of Yoong this past few years?! I missed her so much. Especially when we’re having fun! So, now that they are close again, I’m really looking forward to this trip. It will be just like the old times!!”


“Except that they are NOT together anymore.” Yuri vacantly said.


Jessica flashed a pout. “I know, right? What take them so long anyway? They should’ve been back together by now.”


“Excuse me?!” Yuri raised her husky voice.


“What?” Jessica innocently looked at her lover. “Oh, come on! They are OBVIOUSLY still in love with each other. Don’t tell me you can’t see that.”


Sigh. “Of course I do~” Yuri had to admit. “But aren’t you forgetting something?” She looked at the dazed Jessica. “Seohyun?!”


Jessica’s face was blank. Of course she was aware on the fact that her little ‘sister’ had a new girlfriend by now. But something inside her heart refused to accept that. “I don’t know if it’s because of Tiff, but I don’t like seeing Yoona with Seohyun.”


“What are you talking about? I thought you liked Seohyun.”


“I do. She’s a really nice girl. And I’m grateful that she was able to make Yoona happy again.” Jessica bit her lip before continued. “But…Tiffany is hurting, Yuri. You should’ve seen her face every time she heard Yoona and Seohyun’s names in the same sentence. She pretends that she’s okay with it, but I know it still hurts her. And…it upsets me to see that~”


“I know, baby.” Yuri held the blonde girl close. “I want them to be together too…but…Seohyun IS Yoona’s girlfriend now. And she’s happy with her. I don’t think there’s anything that we can do about it.”


Jessica sighed as she rested her head on Yuri’s shoulder. “I guess you’re right…” She took a second before looking up to meet her lover’s eyes. “Do you think Tiff should fight for Yoona’s heart?”



======================================================================================================================


[Restaurant]


Tiffany didn’t know what came into her. She was never the type who just blurted things out from her mind. She was, and still, a courteous lady. She would always think about what she wanted to say; in case it might offend other people. But something in Seohyun’s last words triggered her serenity. She suddenly felt roaring rage inside her heart. To get it worse, her crammed jealousy and heartaches from previous months were just ready to explode.

Seohyun couldn’t believe her ears. It took her a lot; despite her timid personality, to muster the courage and stand up to her girlfriend’s former lover. To her, Tiffany was always a soft at heart. But listening to her respond, it never occurred to Seohyun that the slightly older girl would retort such way; strict and full of determination.




“I beg your pardon?!” Seohyun’s eyes squinted a little.


Tiffany tried to calm herself down before continued. “You heard me~”


The younger girl just scoffed. “Unnie, I’m not asking. I’m TELLING you to leave Yoona alone!”


“You have no right to tell me that!!”


“THE HECK I DO! I’M HER GIRLFRIEND!” Seohyun couldn’t take it anymore.


“THEN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?!” Neither could Tiffany.



Both girls tried to calm their overly-tensed muscles, sensing that their ‘little’ argument had gained some audience from the other customers.




“You’re her girlfriend now, Seohyun. She’s yours! Isn’t that enough?! What more do you want from her?!” Tiffany softened her voice level at this point. “I’m nobody to Yoona but a close friend. I’ve known her longer and I’ve known her better. Both of us have been through a lot together. How can you just ask me to stay away from all of that?! From my own bestfriend?!”


“Because…” Seohyun closed her eyes. “You’re making her confused.”


“Excuse me?” Tiffany’s voice became almost a whisper.


“I might be young, unnie…but I’m not stupid. I know you still have feelings for her. The way you look into her eyes, the way you laugh at her jokes, the way you blush every time she teases you…I know you still want her~” Seohyun was still being cold.


Tiffany felt as if she was living under a microscope. She didn’t realize that Seohyun would shadow her every move. She knew she couldn’t hide it. Not anymore. “Yes, I still do, but…”


“Oh, and let’s not forget about your epic flirting. You just know how to find the perfect time to touch her…to seduce her…don’t you?! How pathetic~” Seohyun rolled her eyes.


Tiffany was bewildered for a second. “What?! I haven’t done such thing! I never intended to take her away from you!”


“Of course you don’t!” The sarcasm in the younger girl’s voice was clear. “What’s next?! You’re going to drug her to get her into your bed?! I can’t believe you’re so desperate to…”


“That’s enough!!” Tiffany slammed the table. It didn’t make a scene, but it was loud enough for Seohyun to flinch and stopped her rambling. “Who the hell do you take me for, Seohyun?!” She gritted her teeth. “What I feel for Yoona has never; nor will it ever be, been based on lust! I LOVE HER!!” The black-haired stressed on every single word.



The latter didn’t dare to respond. Seohyun knew better to stay still upon looking at the stern expression on Tiffany’s face. The black-haired was definitely offended by her earlier remarks.




Tiffany leaned forward so that her face would be closer to Seohyun’s. “Believe me, I could easily get Yoona to come back to me if I wanted too, little girl.” It was now her turn to scoff. “It’s true that I still have feelings for her. It’s true that my heart still belongs to her even after all these years. But I’m also aware that both of you are in a relationship right now…and I respect that…” She gave an intense stare to the younger agent. She leaned back to her chair and spoke in a lower tone. “Don’t push me to lose that respect~”


Seohyun was taken aback. She clenched her fists under the table. “She doesn’t love you anymore, unnie! She loves ME!”


“If that’s the case, then why are we even here having this conversation?! Why are you being so paranoid?! What’s with all the insecurities?!” Tiffany tried to make a statement.


“Because I don’t trust you!!” Seohyun never moved her eyes from the latter. “Yoona is still vulnerable with her own heart and you’re taking advantage of it.”


“I would never do that to her!”


“Just like you would never ripped her heart?! You’ve had your chance, and you blew it. You said you were in love with her but you still left! She hurt so badly because of YOU. You don’t deserve her, or her love, unnie.”



Tiffany felt like slapping the girl in front of her after listening to her reasons. But her heart sunken upon hearing those facts. As much as it pained her to admit, Seohyun was right. Every single word.




“She nearly died because of you. And now you want to get back together with her?!” Seohyun sneered. “You don’t have the right to even think about her after everything that you’ve done.”


Tiffany pursed her lips hard and flashed a glare. “How dare y—“


“I’m not done!” The younger girl was determined. “And now that you only got another few months here, you’re going to leave her again! What will happen then?!” Seohyun didn’t stop her harsh words there. “It seems to me that you’re the best at leaving people behind. So, once again…I’m TELLING you to leave MY Yoona alone! She belongs to me and she will never come back to you!”


The black-haired agent muttered nothing. She clenched tightly to the sides of her seat to stop her from crashing down on the floor. Every part of her limb seemed lifeless at that moment, knowing that she could probably never hold Yoona in her arms again. She finally looked up to meet Seohyun’s still glaring eyes. “Are you finished?”



The young agent nodded lightly.




“You’re right, Seohyun. I have caused nothing but pain to Yoona. Leaving her was the biggest mistake I’ve ever done in my life. I have lost the one person that could capture my heart. But what I can promise you…she won’t get hurt because of me ever again~”


“What are you saying?”


Tiffany felt a tremendous hurt in her chest for what she was about to say. It was a struggle to keep her tears from overflowing. “I’ll…I’ll stay away from her.”


Seohyun was grinning inside for she had won the ‘battle’, but kept a serene expression. “It’s that easy?! Why the sudden change of heart?!”


“Do you really want to hear my reason?” The black-haired agent was surprisingly calm.


Tiffany was right. Seohyun didn’t bother to know. The fact that Yoona will ultimately be hers had clouded her current sanity. “Can I have your word on that?”


“Yes~” Tiffany simply said. However, she once again leaned forward and had a firm tone. “But know one thing, Seo Juhyun. I’m leaving Yoona to be with you because I know you wouldn’t hurt her like I did. I still very much in love with her; despite how she feels for me right now…And there won’t be even a slightest chance in hell that I’m giving up on her.” She stared deeply into Seohyun’s. “If you hurt her in anyway….I won’t be thinking twice to take what’s mine again. You can count on THAT!”


Seohyun thought she would be seeing flare, but there were only sorrows and sadness in Tiffany’s eyes as she was giving her ‘warning’. “Don’t worry unnie. I’m NOT you. I will never hurt the person that I love.” Her voice was steady as a rock.


“You better not.” Tiffany clutched her purse and stood up. “Please take good care of Yoona, Seohyun. Never stop loving her. And don’t worry…After the camping trip, you won’t be seeing me hanging out with her anymore.” With that, she stormed out of the restaurant, trying to fight her unbarring tears.



Seohyun finally relaxed her tensed shoulders as she eyed Tiffany leaving the place. Still, something from the last word really caught her attention. Fany unnie is going to the trip?!


_____*_____


[Headquarters]


Yoona flipped some pages in her files. She was thoroughly reading each word on it when she noticed Tiffany rushed into the office with a gloomy face. She knew that look. She knew it too well.




“Hey…” Yoona gently grabbed Tiffany’s wrist to stop her. “Are you okay?”



The usual Tiffany would definitely showed her eye-smiles and tell Yoona straight if she was bothered with something. But to the doe-eyes’ surprise, the latter swiftly snapped her hand away from her soft grip.




“I’m fine.” Tiffany’s voice was dull.


Yoona frowned. She didn’t buy it for one bit. “You don’t look fine. If there’s…”


“Yoona, please! I’m just tired, okay!” Tiffany was being cold all of a sudden. “What?! I can’t be tired?!”


The doe-eyed agent was taken aback. That was not the Tiffany she knew. “Uh…o-of course you can.”


Tiffany sighed heavily in return. “I have to go.” With that, she left her dazed ex and went to her office. She tried hiding her painful heart for being mean to her love, but that was the only way she could think of to forcedly distant herself from her former fiancé. That was her promise~



Yoona was stunned. She literally froze at her spot. It was not until she heard a voice that her body budged a bit.




“Hey sweetie!”


Yoona turned around and gave a small peck to the voice’s owner. “Hi. How’s lunch?”


“Great.” Seohyun flashed a sweet beam. “How’s the meeting?”


“Boring~” Yoona chuckled a bit before had a concerned look on her face. “Hey, did something happen during the lunch?”


“No. Why do you ask?” The younger girl tried giving a blank stare.


“Tiffany. She seems…troubled.”


Seohyun could easily guess what was going on. She was glad that Tiffany was starting to live up to her words. “Aah…Fany unnie did mention that she’s stressed with the piles of work. Maybe she’s exhausted?”


“That’s what she said.”


“There you go! I wouldn’t worry about it.” Seohyun let out a satisfy smile.


“I guess.” Yoona was not really sure with her own words.


“By the way, let’s have dinner tonight! Just you and me~”


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter