Chapter 8

s weren't meant to fall in love.

 

Author's POV;
 
"Krystal, congrats on your previous case. The lady is now living a better life, financially stable with a decent job. You did good out there kiddo." My boss praised me as she ruffled my hair. 
 
Krystal let out a wide grin. "It's nothing Madam. I did what I had to do,"
 
"Acting humble now eh? Listen Krystal, I have an upcoming case for you. This is pretty much a tough one. For now, I'll let you have a month off. Paid leave. Once you get back, I'll reveal the identity and explain more about it." She replied sternly, as she handed a white slip towards the latter.  
 
"Your paycheck."
 
"Thank you Madam,"
 
"No. Thank you. You're saving lives."
 
Krystal's POV;
 
FINALLY PAYDAY! I giggled as I red the amount stated on the cheque. $15000. Time for a shopping spree! I smiled as I recalled the girl involved in my previous case. She was only 19 and had to sell her body to make money? 
 
It wa saddening to know her family abandoned her after realizing she was impregnated by her then boyfriend. How cruel. She was a sweet girl. It was difficult at first to remove her from this business but she finally opened up after awhile. 
 
Now she's working as a salesgirl to support herself and her baby daughter together with her newly found boyfriend. It saddens me that such nice people have to pick up such jobs. They don't deserve any of it. 
 
People like my mom didn't deserved any of this. Grief, remorse and depression covered me like a thick choking blanket as flashbacks of her and I ran through my mind. My mom..... She was an angel. Always putting others before her. Would risk anything for others' happiness. 
 
Unfortunately a certain man couldn't see her worth. A man like my dad. The complete opposite of my mom. A devil. Pure evil. He forced my mom to sell her body just to bring in cash for the family after he got retrenched. Idiot, he could've just gotten another job but no, 
he just had to make mymom suffer. 
 
Every single night, he brought in different men into the house before locking them and mom up in a room. He made things worst by ensuring I stayed in the same room and watched how each night a new man ed my mom They treated her like a toy, a rag doll. He made it clear that I shouldn't try to escape or I'd face the same fate as my mom. 
 
Heartless bastards. It broke my heart every single time a man did her, whispering crude words into her ears and torturing her poor body. She'd always stare at me, her eyes filled with fear, pain and sorrow. After every session, they'd throw stacks of cash in her face before strutting out of the room and thanking that devil my mom obviously didn't deserved. 
 
I would run into her arms, as both of our tears fall freely from our eyes. I would take the role of a mom for that time, her head, kissing her forehead. We'd stay that way in each other's embrace for a while before another man comes in, stripping before us. She would reluctantly push me away, telling me to close my eyes as their filthy tongues travel down her body. 
 
What hurts the most was the fact I could do nothing about it. Nothing at all. What was a frail, 10-year old girl supposed to do? It wasn't until my 13th birthday arrived had I realized that she was gone. Forever. She left me all alone with that bastard. I hated her. I hated her for that. She promised we'd stay together and she'd always take care of me. She went against her words. It was ironic how she raised me up, constantly telling me to keep my promises and never break them. 
 
It was all forgiven and put aside as I red a letter placed beside the teddy bear she had gifted me for my previous birthday. 
 
Letter;
 
Hello my little princess. You'd probably realized that I've left by now. On your birthday. I know you're hating me so badly right now for not keeping my promises like how I had taught you to but please forgive me. I am sorry. Truly sorry. After reading this, you're never going to hear from me ever again as I'll be cutting off all ties with you for your safety. Just grant me one last wish before I leave okay? I don't want you anywhere near your dad so this is what you have to do. I want you to pack your bags, take everything that you can with you. Don't ever trust your dad okay honey? I need you to go to this address stated below. There you'll meet my sister who is your aunty. She'll take care of you. She'll take my place as your mom and give you the love and care you deserve baby. I know I haven't been the perfect mom you've longed for so this is your chance. I am sorry for not bringing you along but where I'm heading for, it's way too complicated darling. Remember that your mommy loves you so dearly and you'll always be her little princess. I love you Jung Soojung. Now move out of that house fast before your dad gets back.
 
Stamford Avenue, Street 82, #142
 
Krystal's POV;
 
I hadn't realized that tears had fallen from my eyes, soaking my shirt. I took out my wallet before placing a kiss on a photo of myself and her. I missed my mom. I missed her so badly. That explains why I've taken this as my job. I've originally volunteered to work for free but the kind lady who is my boss insisted I get paid every month. I've been working there for quite some time now. Helping people those who face the same fate as my mom. Whether it is on their own will or forced to do so. I couldn't bear to see such occurrence. 
 
I harshly placed everything at the back of my mind, forgetting every single moment of my early childhood. I quickly made my way to the nearest bank before dropping the cheque in the deposit cheque box. 
 
I was consumed in thought, reminiscing about my current situation with Amber. That perfect creature. We've been spending an awful lot of time together, with the oppas of course. Up till now, she still hasn't made the relationship between us clear enough. Friends? Acquaintances? Best friends? Lovers?
 
I laughed, that was impossible. Amber doesn't even like me. 
 
"I just hope she likes me soon...." I mumbled to myself, shoving my hands into my jeans front pocket. 
 
"Who?" A low whisper was suddenly heard, nearly causing me to pee my pants. I quickly turned my head to the owner, putting my arms up in defense before hitting him/her in every area with strong punches and kicks. 
 
"OUCH OUCH OUCH! Krystal it's me!" I heard the same voice whining in pain as the owner grabbed my hands, preventing me from doing any further damages. 
 
"A-am-amber?" I stuttered timidly. 
 
"Er yes. Gosh you hit like a . That hurt!" She rubbed her chest harshly, groaning immediately her hand made contact with the skin. 
 
"I-I am sorry I thought you were a-"
 
"?" I nodded. 
 
"I'll help you Amber," I said as my hand replaced hers that was on her chest. I rubbed my hand up and down softly, trying to soothe the pain. I was careful to not put any pressure so as to not hurt her. I didn't realized where I was actually touching before she cleared . 
 
"Er Soojung, you're behaving like a now. You're like touching my chest." She said awkwardly. 
 
"Oh oh! I am sorry! I didn't realized that!" I abruptly pulled my hand away, avoiding any form of eye contact with her. I was blushing madly, cursing myself mentally while also having a wild celebration on the inside. 
 
"That's fine. What are you doing here anyway?"
 
"Oh I just dropped by to deposit my cheque. You?"
 
"Getting coffee before I head off for work."
 
I checked my watch. 9pm. 
 
"Oh you're working the night shift?"
 
"E-er yeah y-yeah yup I am. Ob-Obviously I am. I'm wo-working the night shift. Yes I-i am," She replied strangely. Weird. 
 
"Say, do you want to join me?" She suddenly offered. I stood stunned. The Amber Josephine Liu was asking me out on a date?! 
 
"No I am not asking you out on a date. Just a casual hangout session. Come on!" She replied as though she had red my mind. 
 
"Yeah sure! Just a casual hangout session." I replied with a tinge of disappointment. It would've been better if it was a date instead. Then we could hold hands like couples do. And you could walk me home like a gentleman would. You would then offer me your jacket to keep me warm on a dark, chilly night. Once we've reached my place, you'd pull into my arms before kissing me goodnight. Yup that'd be better. 
 
"Gosh, why do you daydream so much?!" I heard her sudden rant as her face displayed annoyance. 
 
My love for her grew even deeper and I knew she was the one as she roughly took my hand in mine before dragging me towards the destination we were headed for. 
 
Amber's POV;
 
After that incident whereby she saved my life, I just found myself so attached towards her. It was as though I've thrown all the hatred I used to have against her which is now replaced by..... Like? Or love?  Each time I try to push her out of my mind and remind myself that I hate her, I couldn't. 
 
I just couldn't. Ever since we've made up, I just realized what a beauty she's actually is. How well-mannered she is. How adorable she is. How she's constantly blushing. How she gets nervous around me. How she's always acting adorably stupid without knowing. As time passed by, as we went out more oftenly, I found myself falling deeper for her. It was as though she was luring me into her trap. 
 
I idled about awkwardly before finally speaking up,
 
"So what'd you say Krystal? Dinner at Astons' this Friday night? 7pm?"
 
Sulli's POV;
 
I gritted my teeth angrily as I clenched my fists tightly. I thought that Amber hated my Soojung? What happened? Since when has Soojung been this clingy?! Theyre together 24/7! Ugh. 
 
I scowled annoyingly at the sight of both parties. Soojung was laughing so happily with Amber, even flashing her eyesmile at her together with those gays. Gosh Soojung! Your smile is only for me! Your laugh is only meant to be heard by me! 
 
Soojung you're only supposed to love me. I'll make it clear to you. Wait till I meet up with you. Just bloody wait till I get my hands on you. Then you'll see who you belong to. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
NYEHEHEHE UPDATED YAY! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?!