Chapter 14

s weren't meant to fall in love.

 

(Key's POV) Flashback;
 
"What's taking them so long?" Jonghyun whined. It's been nearly an hour and still no sign of either one yet. 
 
I myself was quite worried, afraid that Sulli may have brought harm to any of them. 
 
"Don't worry babe, just wait a little while more." 
 
"Let's make out to kill some time then," He seductively suggested, adding a wink at the end. I giggled. 
 
"Not at a time like this Jonghyun."
 
"Oh man." He pouted. Dork. 
 
*beep*
 
"Jjong would you read that for me? I'll be back. I need a cig," I proceeded to exit the car. 
 
"Sure babe."
 
"HOLY CRAP!"
 
I immediately stopped in my tracks as I heard Jonghyun.  
 
"What is it?! Are you hurt?"
 
Tears had already welled up in his eyes, threatening to fall. 
 
"JJONG WHAT HAPPENED?!" I panicked a little watching him in that state. 
 
He didn't say anything only to flash me a recent text from Amber.
 
Baby Llama^^:
Jjong, Key. Krystal doesn't love me. She loves Sulli. She said it herself. She didn't bother to help me when I was being dragged out by the guards. I told you already, no one wants me. I wouldn't be surprised if both of you were to leave me one fine day. Don't bother looking for me in the coming week, I'll be busy with work. To escape these problems for a little while. I love you guys. More than anything else. 
 
Amber.... That girl has suffered enough. What does that Krystal wants from her anyway? Wasn't breaking her heart once enough? 
 
"THAT'S IT. I'LL SETTLE WITH THAT GIRL MYSELF!" Jonghyun suddenly spoke, rolling up his sleeves. He unlocked the door but I stopped him.
 
"What?!"
 
"I'll do it. Stay in the car."
 
"Hm. I'll call up on Amber."
 
I swiftly exited my car, ready to give Krystal a piece of my mind but an argument from a distance caught my attention. Wait isn't that Krystal? Quickly, I hid behind a wall making use of my large ears to eavesdrop on the pair. 
 
"Oh hohoho, not so fast there Krystal Jung. You can't simply say you love me and tell me you hate me the next minute. This is not a game. You can't give me hope and crush it the next moment. That's not very nice is it Miss Jung?" The girl whom I supposed to be Sulli cunningly spoke as she gripped onto Krystal's wrist, an evil smirk formed on her face. 
 
"Am I supposed to be frightened by that smirk of yours Choi Sulli? I don't give a bloody about your opinion. Those three words meant nothing to me. I simply said it to distract Amber so she'd forget about killing you in the first place. I saved that ing worthless life of yours. And the fact that you're being ungrateful about it is starting to make me realize that I've made the wrong decision. Maybe it was better if you were dead after all." 
 
Amber? Without further hesitation, I took out my phone and filmed the scene before me. Amber you've misunderstood Krystal. Once again. 
 
Current time at the clinic;
 
"So that's about what happened Krystal,"
 
"OPPA THANK YOU SO MUCH. HOW CAN I REPAY YOU? You're the best!" She squealed at the top of her voice before giving me a hug. 
 
I chuckled lightly as I patted her head. 
 
"Just promise to get well soon and claim Amber's heart back." She abruptly pulled away before staring at me with such sad eyes. 
 
"But I can't oppa. She hates me. Even more than how she used to. There's no more us, it's impossible."
 
"Listen to yourself Krystal Jung. Are you really going down without a fight?"
 
"But she hat-"
 
"Are you going to give up on her just like that?"
 
"No?"
 
"Are you going to allow another girl to just capture her heart?"
 
"No."
 
"Are you going to let the time and effort that you've spent on her go down the drain?"
 
"No!"
 
"Then what are you waiting for?! Go get her!"
 
"I am going to meet her right now! Bring me to her oppa!"
 
I began to laugh hysterically seeing the determination and confidence in her eyes as I held her down. 
 
"Wohoho not so fast young lady. We'll meet her in a week. She's too busy with work. Besides, we still need her to cool down. That was a pretty drastic thing you did to her."
 
"Aish oppa!"
 
Krystal's POV;
 
"Boss I'm back. Thank you for that month off. I really needed that."
 
"Anything for my best employee."
 
"I'm only the best because I have the best boss."
 
"Yah Krystal that is not going to raise your pay okay!" I giggled. 
 
"Please, take a seat."
 
"What's this case about Boss?"
 
I gasped loudly as she passed me a photo of a girl who closely resembled Amber. The shot was taken of a girl with short black hair instead and it only showed the left side view of her. But even an idiot could tell the similarities between Amber and the photo.
 
No this can't be her. Amber once told me she worked the night shift at a convenience store. I saw her there myself. This may just be her long lost twin. 
 
"Anything wrong Krystal?"
 
"Hm? Ah no. She just looks similar to one of my friend. Do you have a clearer photo of her?"
 
"Sorry Krystal but she's an introvert and barely goes out. It's hard to keep track of her as she's only seen at the pub. Even if she does, she's always wearing thick clothings, masks that cover up her face." Amber....
 
"Tell me more." This 'girl' was definitely interesting. 
 
"Her name is AJ, 21, the highest paid in Korea, cold & arrogant, been in this business since ages. Her boss is Victoria Song Qian. She lives alone. 1.68m tall. That's the best we've got. It's hard to receive information about her. She's good. She knows people like us are after her. But we bring no harm. And you have to make sure she understands that." Too many similarities. Not Amber. Not Amber. Not Amber. 
 
"AJ?" 
 
"That's her stage name. We can't figure out her real name."
 
"Wow, there's sure a lot for me to do."
 
"That's why I placed you in charge. You have to do this. You can't fail. The quiet and cold ones are usually the ones who suffer the most."
 
"Yes boss. Where is she working at?"
 
"Paradise."
 
"Got it."
 
 
 
 
Today was finally the day. To clear up all these misunderstandings and finally get together with Amber. The case my boss placed me under definitely shocked me but all is forgotten now. Work is work and love is love. 
 
"You ready Krystal?"
 
"Yes Sir!" I playfully saluted and flashed Key oppa a smile as he ruffled my hair.
 
"Hey Krystal?"
 
"Oh Jonghyun oppa!" I greeted him cheerfully. 
 
"Can I talk to you for a second? Excuse us, babe."
 
"Sure oppa." Key oppa left us to give the both of us the privacy we needed. 
 
"What is it?"
 
"Your Key oppa told me everything. He showed me the video."
 
"He did?"
 
"I'm sorry little sis. I shouldn't have said those hurtful remarks to you. I just get so overwhelmed by my emotions that I tend to spite out such words. I'm really sorry. Amber really means the world to me. We've been inseparable since babies. You can't blame me when I get overprotective of her, she's like my baby. Putting that aside, I sincerely apologise. Things are definitely better when you're around. You make Amber so happy, i can't thank you enough for that. Please forgive me, baby Jung." I beamed at him before pulling him into a quick hug. 
 
"It's okay oppa. I understand where you're coming from. Come on, where's that dorky grin you've been hiding?"
 
I did a little fist bump as he indeed flashed that famous dorky grin of his. No wonder Amber and him are constantly mistaken as twins.
 
"Let's go! Amber should be there by now!" I shrieked delightfully as he pulled me by the hand. 
 
Paradise? Maybe I could spot the girl in my case there too! Killing two birds with one stone, hehe. 
 
I glowered as the familiar flashy lights appeared, crazy people desperately grinding against each other, shots here and there. I've never really liked the pub. Why the hell is Amber Liu doing there anyway?! Ugh she better not be cheating on me. 
 
"Ayo Vic!"
 
"JJONG! KEY! Oh Krystal." I gave a little wave. 
 
"Where's Am?" Jonghyun asked. 
 
"Staff lounge."
 
"Thanks Vic, catch you later!"
 
"Bye!"
 
I didn't paid much attention to the boys, my eyes were constantly looking around to spot AJ. Shouldn't she be here? She works here doesn't she? The boys may know something since they're frequent goers. 
 
"Hey Am, open up!" Jjong oppa screamed over the loud music as he banged on the door. 
 
"Oppa!"
 
"Yes Kryssie?"
 
"You both come here often don't you?"
 
"Yeah why?"
 
"Do you by chance know anyone named AJ?" I scrunched as they gulped before turning to each other. It was obvious they were struggling to come up with a response but failed. I heard their sighs of relief as the door swung open revealing the girl whom I've missed so much over the past week. Our eyes met for a brief second before,
 
"Amber!" The boys shouted in unison before launching into her arms causing the trio to fall to the ground with a thud. I stood back to give them their moment for a little while as I smiled at the view. 
 
"BOO I MISSED YOU!"
 
"DINO I MISSED YOU!"
 
"Oh hi guys. Miss you too." 
 
"You haven't been eating? Why so skinny?" I frowned at Key's statement. Stupid llama. 
 
"No appetite."
 
"Aish, will you please take better care of yourself?" Key knocked her head a little but she showed no response. 
 
"Meh."
 
"What is Krystal doing here anyway?" I was surprised seeing how she was so calm about my presence. She would've blown off her top by now and hurl vulgarities at me. 
 
"To talk with you. BYE!" The boys screamed as they pushed me into the room before locking the door from the outside preventing either of us to escape. 
 
"How perfect," She sarcastically said. 
 
I looked at her and she looked at me. So skinny.
 
"Why haven't you been eating?"
 
"I don't have a reason to."
 
"You could fall sick!"
 
"And you care because?"
 
I sighed as I stepped closer to her, observing every part of her body & face. Surprisingly, she didn't back away. She stood still, spreading her arms and legs out too. I cloud up a little as I discovered hickeys on her neck, shoulders & thighs. Faint lipstick marks were visible on her shirt, lips & cheeks. And her smell, it was different. How could I have missed this before? I backed away a little, only finally realizing how disheveled her hair was. Pabo Krystal. 
 
"Have you been sleeping?"
 
"Isn't is obvious?" 
 
"Why?"
 
"Since when did you care so much about me? We're not even together. Wake up." 
 
"Do you hate me?"
 
"What do you think?"
 
"But why?"
 
"Stop asking the obvious, genius."
 
"Love me again. Hear to what I have to say."
 
"There's no use. I'd end up getting stepped on again. I'll end up being humiliated again."
 
"Amber....."
 
"You're bringing harm to the both of us can't you see?"
 
"We can work this out like how we did before."
 
"We can't. I don't want to be part of your experiments again. I want nothing to do with you. I want to cut all ties with you,"
 
"Listen to me, Amb-"
 
"No you listen to me Krystal Jung Soojung. I'm tired. Tired of all this. Tired of getting broken hearted. Tired of my feelings being toyed around by the girl whom I love most. I don't want to fight. I don't want to argue. I just want you to leave me alone. Let me go. I'm fine without you. I've never been happier. Stop trying to fix this. We're going nowhere. Can't you see? Every time we make up, the next moment there's always something or someone to break us up. There is no us . God doesn't want us to be together. Now please go. Please leave." She pointed to the door. My heart broke a little seeing her fragility appear again. 
 
"Are you sure you can let me go Amber Josephine Liu? A week without me and you've turned out to be a complete mess. Sleeping with other girls, skipping meals, a dead look in your eyes and you tell me you're doing fine without me? You tell me you're happy? You need me Amber. And I need you just as much as you need me. I'm the reason behind your smiles. And you're the reason behind mine. We both love each other Amber. Why wouldn't you just admit that already? Come back to me Amber, let's make us happen. We'll get through this, I know we can. As long as we have each other, I know we'll last forever."
 
"We can't.. You love Sulli. Please, breaking my heart was enough. Don't go round breaking others'. I love you so bloody much Soojung-ah. But how can we be together when your love is for someone else?"
 
"Soojung-ah go back to her. Don't leave her hanging like that. It's okay. I'll be fine on my own. I'll get over you Krystal. It's going to take me ages but I'll get back up again. I can take rejection once in a while. Don't worry about me. Go back to Choi Sulli before I change my mind. Go."
 
"You idiot. If I loved Sulli, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't be here to explain my stand Amber. Gosh, you're so dumb sometimes. If I loved Sulli, I wouldn't bother to call your phone, to send you apology texts, to write you letters and dropping them by your door, to post my sincere apologies on your Facebook wall or bother to post cheesy tweets to your Twitter, I wouldn't be doing anything to gain back your trust. Now tell me,"
 
"Then why did you say that back then? Do you know how hurt I was back then? Do you know how many gallons of alcohol I drowned myself in? Do you know ho-"
 
I simply cut her off as I shoved Key's phone in her face. 
 
"Watch this." 
 
I watched how her expression changed into a serious one as she placed all her attention on the video. I giggled from time to time as I snapped photos of her without getting noticed. 
 
The video finally ended as she handed back the phone. She instantly hung her head low as she kept hitting her face. I chuckled at the sight. 
 
"Pabo Amber!"
 
"Stupid Amber!"
 
"You were about to kill someone obviously she reacted that way!"
 
"Aish how dumb could I get!"
 
"I feel bad..."
 
I stopped her hands from bringing any further damages to her brain as I drew her into a hug, taking in her familiar scent. 
 
"I love you Amber Josephine Liu. I love you more than how much fat kid loves sugar. I love you more than how much a mommy spider loves her kids. I love you more than how much Romeo loved Juliet. I love you more than how much Jonghyun loves Key. I love you, I love you, I love you." I felt my shirt getting wet as she sniffed a little. I exhaled in relief as she finally wrapped her arms round my waist. 
 
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I doubted you all this while. I'm sorry i've been so impatient with you and not understanding with you. I'm sorry I can't be the perfect girl you deserve to have. I'm sorry Krystal, I love you so much. I'm sorry. I'll be better. I'll change for you, i will change my complete self for you," I gently pulled away from her, wiping her precious tears away. 
 
" Don't change. I love you just the way you are now, don't you dare change into someone you're not. Don't cry baby. It's okay, people make mistakes. It's just that you make too many." I as she pouted a little. Awwwwww. 
 
"Yah!"
 
"Kidding." I stuck my tongue out at her. Her next action shocked me as she took my tongue in as she expressed her current emotions in the kiss. I slowly melted into the kiss as I closed my eyes, bringing her closer to me, tightening the hold I had round her neck. My first kiss. 
 
I whined a little as she broke the kiss. 
 
"I want more!" I complained like a little girl, swinging my arms around. She swayed her point finger teasingly as she 
shook her head. 
 
"Not before....."
 
Swiftly she got on one knee, holding up the exact same ring in the exact same red box from that night as she stared lovingly into my eyes. 
 
"Krystal Jung Soojung, will you be my girlfriend?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
mehehehe double update. ended the angst because too much is not good sometimes. Too some, kryber's reconciliation may have escalated quickly but it's troublesome to prolong their hatred and stuffs and carry on with their reconciliation in the next chapter. So kryber is finally together!!! or are they? okay i kid i kid. I hope this chapter was good enough, I personally enjoyed writing out this chapter. Please do suscribe, upvote and comment to give me inspiration hahahaha love you!
 
pa; I was a little disheartened when I only received one comment for my previous chapter 13 huhuhu ):