Chapter 4

s weren't meant to fall in love.

Author's POV;

Krystal spent the next two hours telling JongKey about her first encounter with Amber to the start where she began to stalk Amber to the first time when she officially spoke to her. It was amazing how she could remember the littlest things in her interactions with Amber. But that's just what love does to you huh?

The boys listened attentively to the poor lady, completely taken aback by how Krystal's love for Amber was yet so strong despite being treated unfairly by their bestfriend. It was rare to see how a girl was willing to go so far for their cold-hearted friend. Usually when girls claim to 'love' Amber, it was usually based on her looks that they fell for. 

Even if they insisted they loved her for her 'pure heart', they would automatically move on to someone else after realizing her cold manners. However for Krystal's case, it was heartwarming to see her love for that dork turned out to be so pure and sweet. 

"I love Amber so much, I really do. It's insane. I keep thinking about her all the time. It's weird how she has this effect on me when we've barely spoken to each other or went out together. Heck, she doesn't know a thing about me. It to know that she hates me when we've barely started. It hurts even more that I myself don't know the reason why," Krystal lamented, her head hanging low. 

The boys' hearts broke seeing her so fragile and hurt. She didn't deserved any of this. She was a good girl. And Amber deserved a girl like Krystal despite her jerk-like manners. They both believed she could break down the wall built around Amber's heart. Jonghyun gave Key a slight nod as the diva wrapped his arm around her shoulder. He whispered,

"We'll help you capture that bastard's heart,"

Krystal's face immediately lit up at his statement. Her eyes were glistening with happiness and her grin was so huge that the boys were afraid her cheeks might tear. She's never been so elated her entire life before. It was fortunate that she had poured out her feelings to the guys beside her.

Without further ado, she threw herself into both of their arms, nearly knocking them over as she muttered 'thank you' over and over again. The boys laughed as they placed her down back on her feet. She was definitely a gem Amber should treasure. 

They ruffled her hair and patted her shoulders as they said in unison,

"Please take of our Amber. She means the world to the both of us,"

Krystal nodded vigorously, unable to contain the excitement building inside of her. She was completely over the moon. 

Krystal's POV;

My happiness didn't last long as the boys dragged me over to Amber's door. My heart was beating so fast, I thought it was going to burst out of my ribcage. My hands began to sweat and my throat went dry. 

*Knock* *Knock*

They both gave me a smile of encouragement as the door creaked open revealing a half-awake Amber. How adorable. With her slightly messed-up hair and disheveled clothes, the sight was to die for. How could anyone resist this perfect creature? I smiled at my future girlfriend. 

Author's POV;

"It's us," Jonghyun said.

"I know that, I'm not blind."

"Will you quit being so rude?" Key replied, his voice raising a little. 

"Will you guys stop being nosy?"

"We're here to visit our goddamn bestfriend. What's wrong with you man? We've been together ever since we wore diapers," Key continued. 

"Yeah man, will you be a little nicer to us. That's not much to ask for." Jonghyun butted in. 

"You guys talk too much," Amber arrogantly replied. She paused for a little while as she realized another presence in the ward. 

"Why is this still here? Didn't I kicked her out or something?" Amber once again pointed at Krystal.

Krystal hung her head low, tears threatening to fall from her beautiful eyes. 

"Her name is Krystal Jung, mind you. I believe you have an apology for her," Key said. 

"Apology?" Amber began to laugh heartily. "You must be joking right Kibum?"

She was faced with Key's blank face which immediately answered her question. She turned over to Jonghyun and was given the same expression. She gulped. 

"It isn't cool of you to be treating her like this, Amber.  And you know it," Jonghyun fumed. 

"I didn't do anything." She quickly denied. 

"We're not fools Amber. Now quickly apologise, go ahead."

"I won't."

"I'm giving you 5 seconds Amber Josephine Liu. The moment Jonghyun and I step out of this room, we are no longer brothers." Key threatened. 

Amber's POV;

I gulped once again. To give in or not to? I mentally panicked as Key began the countdown.

"5,"

No I shall not. Why should I anyway?

"4,"

She doesn't deserve anything from me. I did no harm. 

"3,"

Okay, maybe I was a little harsh but it's not my fault. 

"2,"

Ugh you, Krystal Jung. 

"1,"

"I-I'm so-sorry," I stuttered. What the hell Amber? You're better than this. 

I cursed myself as smirks formed on my bestfriends' faces. 

"What was that?"

"I'm sorry,"

"Sorry who?"

"I'm sorry Krystal Jung,"

"Sorry for?"

"I'm sorry for being a complete jerk to you when I shouldn't have."

"And?"

"And I promise never to repeat the same mistake to you,"

"Good!" I heard Key squealed as Jonghyun patted my back. this. 

 

Krystal's POV;

The way my name rolled off that tongue of hers drove me insane. It sounded so soothing and sensual. The frustration on her face looked so cute that I just wanted to kiss her all day long. I knew she was upset over the whole idea of apologizing to me. I really have to thank Jonghyun and Key. They really helped me a lot despite knowing each other for a day. 

My heart melted as the three had made amends with each other and they were now in each other's arms, jumping around like little monkeys. It bothered me why Amber had this cold personality and acted like a bastard when she is indeed a softie at heart and a cute little puppy. 

Step 1 in making Amber Josephine Liu mine is finally completed. 

I turned into a complete nervous wreck as Jonghyun suddenly chanted out,

"Amber, now go introduce yourself to her."

I got a little hurt as I heard Amber's groan. She dragged her legs over to me as she put out her hand towards me. 

"My name is Amber Josephine Liu. I was born on the 18th of September in 1992. I am a Taiwanese-American, you would've probably known by now," Amber hissed at the end. " Oh! And I like girls and ." She smiled. 

maniac? 

I took her hand in mine as sparks flew by, fireworks appeared before my eyes and my world began to spin round and round. It felt as though my hand was meant to fit in hers. I frowned immediately as she roughly pulled her hand away. I slowly took a deep breath.

"M-my name is Kr-krystal Jung Soo-soojung. I was born on th-the 24th Oc-October in 1993. I-i am a Korean-American. I like gi-girls too and I haven't ha-had se- yet, so ye-yeah." Man that was some terrible stutter Krystal! Gosh, you're embarrassing yourself!

At that moment, I felt like I wanted I kill myself. Ugh.   

"Oh okay." She replied nonchalantly as she strutted back to the boys. Ouch. Was I that boring? 

"Amber!" The boys shouted. She groaned again as she walked back to me. 

"Well aren't you an interesting young lady? It's my pleasure to meet you. Let's be the best of friends, shall we?" It was amusing how she said that with a blank face. I giggled a little as I nodded. I could've sworn she smiled slightly as she skipped back to the couple. 

"Okay Amber, that wasn't so bad right?" Key said happily. Amber simply nodded while resting on the bed. Jonghyun laughed. 

"Well, keep up the good work!"

Both Amber and I scrunched our faces. 

"Krystal will be here to look after you till you get discharged!"

"What?!"

We both screamed in unison although I was celebrating on the inside. But it was clearly shown that Amber wasn't too happy about the idea of us being alone. 

"Jonghyun and I will be having a little getaway in Paris. The city of love," Key sung happily. Jonghyun and him held their hands as they stared into each other's eyes lovingly. Aw. 

"You can't! You're gonna leave me with this bit- I meant Krystal?" Amber retaliated. Don't you want to be with me Amber?

"No can do! We've already booked our tickets. We're leaving tonight!" Jonghyun replied as he winked at Key. Amber whined,

"But I am your bestfriend!"

"Sorry bro but this was already planned months ago. We'll bring you the next time!" He continued. 

"It's okay, I'll call Vic-noona," Amber replied happily. 

"She's coming with us together with Nickhun!"

"WHAT THE GUYS?"

 

 

 

I actually really like JerkBer. It's so swag and cool. Poor Soojungie though. Why is it that girls tend to fall for the bad boys or girls in this case? This chapter is a little long so I hope it wasn't too boring. Tell me what you think is going to happen next. Continue supporting me. Thank you!

twitter: @krysmelons