Chapter 31

s weren't meant to fall in love.

Author's POV;

Amber's heart sank at that very moment, the little journal dropping to the floor with a thud. 

She was afraid. 

Amber was very afraid. 

She searched for her phone frantically, punching in the keys of Jessica's number as soon as she found it in her bagpack. 

"Jessica, pick up my call." 

"Sorry the number you have dialed is currently unavailable. Please try again later," The operator stated, as though mocking Amber's current situation. 

" you!" She cussed, redialing Jessica's mobile phone. 

"Sooyeon-ah, pick it up." She whispered to the air. 

But still, nothing came on but the operator's voice. 

"!"

Persistent on not giving up, she tried again. And again. And again. 

"Where are you Sooyeon?"

"Jessica don't leave me...."

"Jessica answer your phone. It's me, baby. Have you forgotten about me?"

"Pick up your mothering phone Jessica!"

"Answer me!"

"For sake, answer me! Talk to me!"

"What do you mean you want me to leave you?!"

"We love each other!"

Amber's wails and screams echoed off the walls of the enclosed room, slowly awakening the girl laid upon the bed. 

Frustrated, Amber smashed the phone against the wall. The broken pieces resembling her shattered heart. 

Her vision got blurry, clouded by the tears forming in her eyes. 

"Jessica..." Amber lamented, her voice so ragged. Her voice so depressed. 

She strutted around the room aimlessly, with completely no balance of her movements. 

Amber's forehead then hit the floor hard, the impact stunning her.  

She saw bursts of white light before everything went black. 

Krystal's POV;

All I remember was waking up to a bleeding Amber on the floor, with a little journal beside her. 

Her face was scrunched again, her fists gripped tightly as sweat rolled down her face. 

I reached out for her hand for the umpteenth time, attempting to calm her down. 

Still, she shook violently before shooting off the bed like she'd been jabbed with an ice pick. 

"Jessica!" She shrieked, her hands flinging wildly as though searching for someone. 

"Jessica where'd you go? Don't leave me!" 

"Sooyeon-ah! Come back!"

"Jessica please don't go!" Again, Amber exclaimed in frustration as she began hitting me out of the blue, showing no mercy. 

Jonghyun and Key, whom I supposed were her best friends, immediately stepped in to take over, pushing me away lightly from the now berserk Amber. 

The sight of her struggling against the boys' hold with those tears falling from her eyes hurt my soul. 

She looked so broken. 

Amber looked so lost. 

"Jessica! Jessica! Come back! Come back to me Sooyeon-ah!" The boys' eyes turned sorrowful upon her screams as they then developed her in their arms, crying together with her.

My heart ached a little hearing that name. She's been calling it out ever since she got admitted here this morning. 

Who was this Jessica?

"Krystal, leave us for a moment."

And my question was left unanswered as I headed to the door. 

Author's POV;

"Bring Jessica back to me!" Amber fumed. 

"She's not here, Amber." Jonghyun stated, taking her hand in his. 

"What are you saying? She was here a second ago!" 

Key followed suit, holding Amber closer to him. 

"Why are you touching me? I want Jessica!" Amber shunned the boys off her, her voice rising by each passing second. 

"She left us already Amber. Don't behave like this."

" you Key, we were just talking! Jessica just told me she loves me! What the are you saying?!"

"Amber please.. Don't do this." Jonghyun reached out to hold her again but she jerked away as if scalded. 

Key wistfully looked on. 

"He's right Amber. Jessica left us. She's no longer here. She's in a better place now. 

"No! No! No! Stop lying to me! You're my best friends! Stop hurting me!"

"Amber..."

"Both of you are liars. ing liars! all of you! Get out!"

"Amber! Grab a hold of yourself! Jessica died! Jessica killed herself! She already left! Shut the up and accept it! Accept the fact that she's gone!" Jonghyun thundered, the veins throbbed in his neck. 

"You think you're the only one who is hurting? We are too! She was our friend too! Stop being like a baby and move on! Be strong! If not for yourself, then for Krystal! She needs you!" He continued, grabbing Amber's collar.

Amber began crying hysterically, burying her head into Jonghyun's neck. Jonghyun instantly wrapped his arms around her, her hair. 

"Why did Jessica leave me Jonghyun?"

Key left the pair alone as he went out to get Krystal. There she was by the pond, stumbling aimlessly like a walking zombie. 

"Jung Soojung." He called out. 

She turned in his direction, offering the ghost of a smile. 

"Key oppa."

"You don't remember do you?"

Krystal shook her head. 

"I'm Kim Kibum but you can call me Key. Amber's bestfriend since birth. Jonghyun is too. He's my boyfriend. Nice to meet you." 

"You're gay?" Key chuckled lightly, nodding his head. 

"I suppose so."

They began making their way back to the ward, engaging in small talks. Just like on the first day Jonghyun and him met Krystal. 

"Amber is okay?"

"She's stable for now."

"Key oppa? Who is Jessica?"

"No one in particular. Just our childhood friend." The guilt almost robbed him of speech but still, Key remained composed. Krystal can't go through another terrible heartbreak. 

She's suffered enough. 

"Amber used to like her?" Key ruffled her hair, linking his arm with hers. 

"Don't be silly. Amber loves you." Key grinned seeing her cheeks turning red, hiding her face in shame. 

"I love her too." 

Amber's POV;

"You have to be strong for Krystal, Amber. Remember what Jessica told you. Don't let her down. Don't let Krystal down. Don't let us down. Jessica is gone forever Amber. She's not coming back. It will be hard at first to accept her death but Krystal, Key and I will be by your side throughout every step.

We won't leave you Amber. Just remember that Jessica is in a better place now, buddy. She won't have to suffer any longer. She doesn't have to face any more in her life. Just focus on giving your all to Krystal now, Amber. She loves you so much. Trust me when I say this. 

She's the one for you." 

Jonghyun got up just in time when Key & Krystal arrived. He smiled at me, kissed my forehead before grabbing Key's arm, rushing for the door. 

"You can do this llama!"

I grinned, lying myself back onto the bed.

I can do this. I have to. For Krystal. For myself. 

For Jessica. 

I chortled softly seeing Krystal standing awkwardly by the door, propping from one leg to the other. 

"Princess." She looked up. 

I motioned to the empty space beside me. 

"Lie with me."

She flashed the most adorable smile before hopping over to me. 

I sighed in pleasure as her red hair came into contact with my lips. I took in her scent, making me realized how much I've really missed her. 

Gently, I wrapped my arms around her waist, pressing my body against hers. 

"I missed you Princess,"

She spun her head, her brown eyes meeting mine. 

"I missed you more." And she pulled me down for a kiss. 

We spent the next few minutes, in each other's embrace. Her in my arms as we rocked from side to side, finding comfort in each other's warmth. 

"Take better care of yourself, Amber."

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight."

"Were you drunk?"

"I drank a little."

"You shouldn't drink."

"But it tastes nice."

"I'll be confiscating all your alcoholic beverages the moment we return home." She sternly stated. 

"What! You can't do that baby! No!" I shook my hands in protest, shaking my head vigorously. 

"Yes I can." 

"But babe! How can you do that? You love me!"

"I do, that's why I'm doing this."

"I'd die!"

"You won't, stupid."

 I hovered over her, tilted her chin towards me as I pouted. 

"That isn't going to work on me Amber."

"But alcohol is my life."

"I want to be your life."

"But I love alcohol!"

"You should only love me." 

I groaned loudly, putting my hands up in surrender. 

I huffed in annoyance, hearing her cackle. 

I laid my head upon her chest, crossing my arms to show my disappointment, my eyebrows furrowed. 

"I don't really like you right now, Krystal."

"I love you too."