Chapter 17

s weren't meant to fall in love.

 

Krystal's POV;
 
"Ugh.." I groaned lazily as I stretched my limbs after a long night rest. My hands immediately searched for Amber on my right but I felt nothing. 
 
"Amber?" I called out only to be greeted by pure silence. I glanced at the clock. 8am. Shouldn't she be home already? Her shift ends at 6am. It's been 2 hours. 
 
It's been days since I've last seen her. We rarely spoke to each other. A simple hug or a kiss seem impossible now. When I come back home, she's off to work. When she comes back home, I'm off to work. I miss her. So bloody much.
 
I grabbed my phone, dialing her number. No response. I tried again. Nothing. And again. But still no one answered. Amber, where are you?
 
My mind wandered off to negative thoughts and I hit my head repeatedly hoping it would take my mind off such thoughts. Amber wouldn't...
 
I decided to take a long cold bath and forget about her for a little while. Thankfully the ice cold temperature helped. 
 
I put on my white blouse, a black blazer over it and black skinny jeans to complete the outfit. I smiled looking at my final product. Looking good, Krystal Jung. 
 
9:30am. Better head off to work now. I grabbed my keys, my bag and my phone. I'll just grab breakfast on my way there. 
 
I briskly made my way to my car when suddenly my phone went off, indicating I had just received a message. My mood immediately lit up, at the thought that maybe Amber finally texted me. 
 
A big smile was plastered on my face as I unlocked the phone. But as I opened the text, my smile dropped and suddenly, I didn't feel the need to go to work anymore. 
 
Amber's POV;
 
it. My shift ended 5 hours ago but I ended up banging another 4 girls. But it's okay. Because money. Luckily Soojung has gone off to work or else she'd never stop nagging at me. I mean I do love Soojung but sometimes I get annoyed when she probes me about my work. I'm doing this for our future. 
 
I let out a loud yawn, as I stretched my arms. Too exhausted. I took the keys from under the mat before unlocking the main door. 
 
Immediately I stripped myself of my clothes leaving me with my singlet and boxers. I let out a sigh of relief as the cool breeze hit my exposed skin. I ran off to our room, jumping upon our bed as I slowly closed my eyes, ready to explore dreamland. 
 
"Amber..." I heard someone purr. 
 
I shook it off, knowing for sure I was alone at home. 
 
"Amber, look at me. I've missed you." Again, the voice spoke. 
 
"Amber, wake up. It's me Krystal." I immediately sprung up upon hearing her name. My voice died in my throat as I was now face to face with Krystal only in her lingerie. Her red lacy bra & red thong which didn't really helped in hiding her assets. 
 
I gulped. 
 
"S-Soojung? Y-you're h-home ear-early?" I stuttered clumsily, my eyes landing onto her chest. So beautiful. 
 
"I skipped work for you. You haven't been at home lately and I really missed you. So here I am!" She chirpily said as she inched closer to my now trembling body. I moved back. 
 
"You shouldn't have done that... You could've just dialed my number and I'd come rushing home to my princess's side." 
 
"Yeah right. You didn't even picked up your phone my knight in shining armor," she sarcastically stated as she rolled her eyes. 
 
"I was working okay? Besides I'm tired, I need some rest." I laid back down on bed, shooing her away. 
 
I thought I heard sniffling noises as Krystal suddenly lamented in her cracked voice. 
 
"Amber.. Why are you pushing me away? Here I am, barely infront of you and still you can't be bothered about me. We haven't spoke to each other in days and still you won't even dare to do something about it. I'm trying to make an effort here and it clearly shows you don't appreciate it." My heart broke watching those precious tears falling from her eyes. 
 
You're such a jerk, Amber. You promised you'd never make her cry. I sat up again, drawing into my arms as she leaned into me closer. I her hair and her back gently, hoping it will take the pain away. 
 
"Soojung-ah I'm sorry. I've just been really busy. I'm sorry for pushing you away, princess. I really am."
 
"Am I not beautiful enough for you, Amber? Are those girls in that pub of yours more attractive than I am, Amber? Tell me, Amber."
 
I retracted from her in shock, hearing her response. Pub? Girls?
 
"Soojung what are you talking about?" I pretended I had no clue she was saying. No she can't find out. No. 
 
"Don't lie to me Amber. Just don't.."
 
"I'm not lying! I work at a provision shop, remember?!" I suddenly screamed at her, afraid she had discovered my dirty little secret. The emotions I felt were too overwhelming. 
 
"No you're not. You're AJ. The highest paid . You get paid to girls. To pleasure girls." The rush of blood pounds in my ears. 
 
Again, I tried to deny it. This can't be it. No no no. WHY?! 
 
"That's bull. My name is Amber Josephine Liu. I work at a decent shop. I don't bang girls. No these are lies. What are you saying? Don't you trust me?" 
 
"STOP LYING TO ME AMBER! I KNOW EVERYTHING! Listen to yourself, Amber. You're the one who doesn't trust me at all. You've never told me anything about your occupation, you're always hiding things from me. We've been together for two months now but I feel as though you're like a stranger to me."
 
"B-but how? I thought everything was fine. You weren't supposed to find out. No, no."
 
"You lied. I know I've done to you before but this is unacceptable. MY GIRLFRIEND IS SLEEPING WITH OTHER GIRLS! HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO REACT TO THAT?!"
 
"I'm doing this for us! For our future. For our kids. For you, Soojung-ah..."
 
"You haven't made love to me even once Amber. Everytime I dress like this, you ignore me. And now, I have to deal with the fact that your lips has been touching others'. Your body has been touched by others. Your fingers has been inside others'." She was now shaking uncontrollably, tears shamelessly streaming down her face. 
 
I tried to wrap my arms around her. But she pushed me away. 
 
"Soojung... How did you know?" I had to kill the culprit. 
 
"I work for an agency, remember? I told you everything about me. But you can't even remember my job. How important am I to you, really? I get paid to help people like you. To help you escape such jobs. These jobs aren't meant for any human, aren't meant for anyone at all. When that happened to my mom, I decided to work here. To help you and other girls. Let me help you, Amber. We can get through this..." And then it struck me. She did told me everything. How could I have forgotten the most biggest piece of information. Her mom. Her job. 
 
"I don't need your help. I'm happy this way."
 
"You're not, Amber. You're not."
 
"I am! If you're my girlfriend, you have to accept me the way I am!" I ranted, my hand itching to slap her across the face. 
 
"Why won't you ever listen to me? I love you that's why I want to help you. There's other jobs out there babe." She tried to convince me.
 
"I won't. It's either you accept me as I am or we're through. We break up. No more us. It's your choice."
 
"Don't say that. You don't mean it. You're just mad."
 
"I do."
 
"DON'T SAY THAT AMBER!"
 
"It's either we break up or you let me keep this job. I'm making tons of money, Krystal! We can live happily!"
 
"I don't want other girls to be touching you, Amber. Please... Too much happened to my mom, I don't want the same thing to happen to you."
 
"But I enjoy it, Krystal! Ugh this!"
 
"W-what?"
 
 
 
comments... upvotes.. suscribe..