Chapter 23

s weren't meant to fall in love.

 

Amber's POV;
 
Call me a selfish jerk. A . A bastard. A heartless douche. An . A er. A . A . 
 
But my heart belongs to the one and only, Jessica Jung Sooyeon. 
 
And now that I've discovered the truth behind her deep hatred for Krystal... It's now or never. 
 
I admit this is wrong but gosh, it feels so right. Sooyeon suffered too much all these years and Krystal never once tried to help her. She deserves all the hatred in this world. She asked for it. 
 
All those feelings. They were fake. All those 'I love you'. They were fake too. All those 'I miss you'. Again, fake. All those cheesy sayings. It's fake, fake fake. All those hugs and cuddles. They meant nothing. All the we had. There was never love in it. All those skinship we shared. They meant nothing. All those compliments. I've never actually meant what I said. A good actor aren't I?
 
She broke my Jessica. And she's not getting away with it. So much for trust huh? She said integrity and trust are the two most important values in a relationship. 
 
But guess who's lying now Soojungie? 
 
It's you. 
 
Krystal's POV;
 
"Babe, let's go out on a date tonight." Amber suddenly spoke as she interlocked our fingers. 
 
I sighed at the contact. We've just held hands, and it's enough to drive me insane. I gripped her hand tighter, leaning my head on her shoulder. 
 
"Can't we just stay like this for the rest of the day?"
 
"Aw come on babe. We haven't been on one since ages! You were too caught up with your job searching, you had no time for me." She lamented, her smile slowly turning into a frown. 
 
I giggled at the adorable sight, kissing her neck. 
 
"No I'm not going." She was completely shocked at my answer, her eyes as huge as an owl's, her hold on my hand loosened. 
 
"B-but w-why?... I just wanted to spend more time with you.. Seeing you so busy and always tired each time you return back home, I wanted to cheer you up. To brighten your day. Is that wrong...?" She questioned, her sad eyes bore into mine.
 
Regretting the words that came out from my mouth, I quickly wrapped my arms round her neck, kissing her cheek. 
 
"Nothing wrong with that, donut. I was kidding, I'm sorry. You're so precious you know that?" It touched me knowing how I was constantly on my mind and how important my happiness was to her. 
 
"Shall we go then?" I said, standing up as I held her up too. 
 
Her eyes immediately brightened at my words as she quickly changed into her clothes. I followed suit, right behind her. 
 
Author's POV;
 
"Did you enjoy the food Soojung-ah?" Krystal heard Amber say as they walked along the river, their arms linked together.
 
Krystal nodded against her shoulder, enjoying the view. 
 
The moon had crested, giving the landscape a strange and exotic beauty. Silvery dew blanketed the ground cover, dampening the open toes of their shoes and the smell of pine was heavy in the air. They walked side by side, their footfalls lost among the song of crickets and the whispering of the leaves. 
 
"I really missed you these past few days Amber. I really do." Krystal whispered, closing up the little gap between the two bodies. 
 
She felt the movement of Amber's  shoulders, hearing the latter's laughter. 
 
"I missed you more, Princess. You can't even imagine."
 
"I'm sorry, Amber. I placed other priorities before you, before us. That was selfish of me wasn't it?" Krystal was feeling guilty alright, she felt horrible. Amber was the nicest and yet she couldn't spare even a minute with her the past month. 
 
"Get over it Krystal. It's fine. I'm fine with it, really. I don't hold anything against you, I promise." Krystal smiled at Amber's words. How could anyone be so understanding? So nice and so sweet?
 
"You know I love you right Amber?"
 
"You love me?"
 
"Of course I do, you idiot!"
 
"But I thought you loved Sulli!" Krystal frowned upon hearing the latter's name. A pang of guilt hit her. Sulli... Amber would've killed her if she found out about their meetup before. 
 
Although she had nothing to hide, she was still afraid. Amber had reminded her not to see Sulli ever again , let alone 
have a talk with her at a cafe. They were no longer in contact but she was scared. Amber never liked Sulli. How would she react if she found out she was already in good terms with her enemy? 
 
That would break her. 
 
And she couldn't bear the fact of losing Amber Liu again. 
 
"Krystal? Soojung? Are you okay? Hey, it's me. I was just joking." Amber gently shook her shoulders, a little worried since she hasn't received any response from Krystal the last minute. 
 
Krystal woke up from her trance, only to be greeted by a handsome face, a mere inch away from her. 
 
She blushed. 
 
Her worries has been swept away. 
 
"Wh-what? Oh I'm fine. I was just thinking...."
 
"Thinking of?"
 
"Er.. Thinking of getting a new sweater. I'm getting cold right now."
 
"You're cold? Why didn't you say so earlier? Here take mine." Amber swiftly took her blue winter coat off as she then wrapped it round Krystal's petite body. 
 
Krystal again blushed deeply at her girlfriend's sweet gesture, and also by the fact that their faces were dangerously close to each other.
 
She was after all, still new to this. 
 
"Here you go. All nice and warm. Next time, don't be so dumb and wear a sleeveless dress. It's winter, not summer genius." She patted Krystal's arms, pecking her lips as she returned to link their arms again. 
 
Krystal was turning as red as a tomato and she praised The Lord for the lack of brightness around where they were. This llama-faced dino definitely made her feel weird things in her tummy every single time. And she liked every bit of it. 
 
"Thank you." Amber simple replied with a tug at the coat. 
 
She turned to her beloved, only to realise that Amber was only dressed in her tanktop and jeans. 
 
"AMBER?! You're only wearing that!" She squealed, pulling away from her. 
 
"Yes, and your point is?" 
 
"You're gonna catch a cold!"
 
"I'm not." Krystal rolled at her ego. She was obviously already shivering, her limbs tucked in to keep her warm and her lips had turned blue. 
 
"Yeah, what am I even saying? You're not cold. Your teeth are chattering, you're trembling, you're hugging yourself. Of course you're not cold." Krystal sarcastically stated, an annoyed expression on her face. 
 
"Okay, just a little."
 
"Take back your coat. I'll be fine."
 
"No, no, no!" Amber screamed, shocking Krystal. 
 
"Soojung, I don't need any coat. I have you. I have you to keep me warm on this cold December might." The latter chimed, slipping her arms around Krystal's waist, holding her so tight, snuggling into her chest. 
 
Krystal blushed the umpteenth time tonight. 
 
"Yah you llama..."
 
The duo were cuddling on the sofa, providing each other with warmth on a breezy Sunday morning. Arms wrapped around each other, legs intertwined. Perfect. 
 
Krystal was obviously enjoying it but Amber on the other hand, not so much. 
 
Amber was dying inside. She didn't liked it one bit. She was disgusted. Annoyed. It was revolting to even be in the same roof as Krystal. She felt like running away with Jessica that instant and never come back. She could barely keep up with all those kisses, hugs, cuddles from someone whom she didn't loved. 
 
She felt like giving up. 
 
But she couldn't do that. Not when her queen hasn't gotten her revenge. 
 
"Isn't this nice Amber? Just the two of us. Alone. Cuddling."
 
"The best. Having you by my side is all I could ever dreamt of."
 
"The feelings are mutual, Amber. You're the best I've ever had. You're the first and I hope you're my last too."
 
"I promise you that Krystal. I won't leave you. We'll be each other's till eternity." Amber spoke, lovingly staring into Krystal's eyes as she tucked her hair behind her ear. 
 
Krystal teared up a little hearing that before planting a kiss on Amber's forehead. 
 
"Are you usually this sweet? I mean I wouldn't want to die of diabetes this early you know." 
 
"If you die, I'll die with you. I'm not going anywhere without Krystal Jung Soojung."
 
"Romeo and Juliet?"
 
"No it's Josephine and Soojung." Krystal couldn't help but to squeal as Amber's famous dorky grin came into view. 
 
"Lame but cute. Really cute." The two giggled. 
 
Her body suddenly froze as Amber placed both of her palms on her cheeks gently out of the blue. 
 
"I love you so much Soojung-ah. Please don't forget that. I hope you'll never fall out of love with me. Please don't look at other girls but me. Don't fall for someone else. Promise me you'll love me only. I'll give you all I have and I promise you lifetime happiness. I won't let a single tear fall from your eyes anymore, I'll be good to you. Don't love someone else. I'll do anything. Anything, Soojung. Anything....."
 
"I won't you idiot. I'll never look at any other girl but you. I won't fall out of love with you. I won't fall for someone else. I won't love anyone else but you. Your love is enough for me to keep going, Amber. I don't need anything else."
 
The pair hugged each other tighter, allowing the gesture to speak for itself. To allow the emotions express themselves. Krystal was contented while Amber pretended to be. 
 
"I love you Amber Josephine Liu."
 
Amber's POV;
 
My heart broke hearing those words slipping out of . 
 
It somehow hurt me knowing she is indeed in love with me while I, it is just an act. 
 
An evil motive behind this mask. 
 
So vulnerable. 
 
So fragile. 
 
So frail. 
 
So gullible. 
 
So pathetic. 
 
You have no idea what I've planned for you. 
 
What your older sister and I have in store for you. 
 
It's better if you don't fall too hard for me. 
 
Don't be too in love with me, Soojung-ah. 
 
Don't love me. 
 
You'll only regret it in the end. 
 
Hate me instead, Krystal Jung Soojung. 
 
Because...
 
Because you'll only end up with a broken heart after this. 
 
 
 
this chap has a lot of fluff don't you think? HEHEHEHEH. So who do you think is at fault? Krystal? Jessica? Or maybe Amber? Suscribe, comment & upvote. IM STILL SPAZZING OVER F(X)'S CONCERT HAHA.