Chapter 33

s weren't meant to fall in love.

Amber's POV;

"I missed you too Amber Josephine Liu." I spun around, meeting her eyes for the first time in a very long time. 

She still looked as gorgeous as ever, her plump lips so red, her skin so pale and flawless, her body so curvaceous and her eyes still had that familiar spark I remember falling for that Friday night. 

She hasn't changed.

My Sooyeon still hasn't changed. 

She gracefully approached me 
in her white dress, cupping my face with her two delicate hands. 

Wrestling with the emotions raging through me, I leaned in, sighing in satisfaction as my lips met hers. 

I missed the way how our lips connected perfectly, like two missing puzzle pieces. 

"I missed you so much. You have no idea." She whispered, wiping my tears away before planting a kiss on my forehead. 

I instantly drew into a tearful hug, feeling her collapse against me. Our beautiful memories we've shared raced through my mind as I breathed her in. 

"Jessica, it is you...." I languished, desperately clinging onto the fact that she was really here. 

"You're here. You're actually here. Gosh I missed you Jessica."

She responded by burying her head deeper in my neck. 

"I missed having your arms around me, Jessica. I missed this, the way we fit in each other's arms. I missed everything about you, about us. Do you know how much I've yearned for you? Do you have a clue of how much I wanted to see your face again? My wish came true. It came true, you're here." 

"I'm sorry Amber." She apologized, deliberately taking a step backward. 

Our fingers still entwined to keep us connected. 

"Why'd you leave me? I have no one now, Jessica. You were the only one I had. You were the only one I yearned for, the only one I could imagine being with for the rest of my life. You were the only one whom I truly love. Why'd you do that? Why Jessica?"

"Amber, you don't love me."

"What the Jessica?!" I yelled at the top of my goddam voice, releasing her fingers. 

How could she even say something so crude? Something that doesn't even make any sense?

"Amber... It's not me you're in love with. It's Krystal." She muttered. 

Author's POV;

Hearing those words did nothing but to add fuel to the fire burning inside of Amber. 

"Why would you think that way? This is ridiculous. You're the one that I spent a year with and the one I entrusted my heart to. And now you're telling me that I love Krystal more? That's ing bull."

"Don't you?" Jessica's eyes were downcast, lashes dark against her cheekbones.

"I haven't slept a wink since you left. I've been drowning myself in alcohol. I've been hallucinating, feeling your presence everywhere I go. I've been crying my eyes out. I've not been eating. I haven't taken a bath in days. Yeah I totally don't love you," Amber sarcastically remarked as she rolled her eyes. 

Jessica wistfully looked on, taking a deep breath. 

"Amber, get over me. Move on. Be with my sister. I'm letting you be with the girl who you truly deserve. Go." Jessica urged Amber, patting her shoulder. 

It had hurt her pride to say those words because she still loved Amber more than anything. 

But she still did.

Who'd like to be the cause of their other half's suffering?

The taller girl harshly slapped her arm away, goggling at the smaller girl as though she was an alien from another planet. 

A burning rage fired up within the pit of her stomach as her vision went red with rage.

"Shut the up! Stop talking. Stop saying things you don't mean! I love you Jessica! I'm madly in love with you! Not Krystal. I have no whatsoever feelings for her! Stop forcing me to be with someone whom I clearly do not love! I don't want Krystal, I want you! I fell in love with you, not her!" Amber bellowed, veins throbbing in her neck. 

"You're the one who makes my heart beat faster. You're the one who causes these butterflies in my stomach. You're the one whom I long for everyday. You're the one whom I love. You're the one whom I want to marry. You're the one whom I want to have children with. You're the one. It has always been you. No one else. Just you, Jessica Jung Sooyeon."

"Listen to me, Amber. I am dead. I am no longer in this world. I am not alive anymore. I'm buried six feet under the ground. I have left you. I have left everyone. I want you to be happy now that I'm gone. And I believe my sister is capable of making you happy. She will be the girl whom I failed to be to you. You have to forget me and move on. I ain't coming back. I killed myself, Amber. It's over for me, but not for you," She spitefully stated, each word stabbing my heart like a sharp knife. 

I turned away as if stung at the sudden realization that this was all just a dream. 

"Why'd you go? I wouldn't have been caught up in this mess if you had stayed with me. We could have worked something out Sooyeon. Why did you kill yourself?"
 
"Because I know deep down, it's Krystal you're in love with. Even if you deny it. I see it in your eyes. It's written all over your face. The way you look at her. The way you take care of her. The way you kiss her. The way you hold her. It's obvious. 

The way you smile when she's around. The way she smiles when you're around. You both complete each other. You both make each other happy just by being there. You both love each other. 

I knew the day where Krystal would eventually replace me would arrive even if I didn't want it to. 

Haven't you seen it yourself? You're always checking your phone every five seconds for her text, you're always carrying her photo in your wallet, you always murmur her name in your sleep, you even called out her name when we had the day before you left. 

I knew from the moment you & Krystal got together, I won't be able to get you back. But I realized it a little too late. You had already fallen for her, you had fallen for her charms. I was the one who let you slip from my fingers. I let you go unknowingly.  

 You think I wouldn't want to rewind time?

I'd take whatever it takes to turn back time, take back those words I said that night and actually think twice before I made any rash decisions. I'd do anything. But I can't do that now. 

You mean everything to me, Amber. I'm nothing without you. You're the reason why I look forward to each day everyday. I think of you before I go to bed. I think of you when I wake up. In my world, it's always about you. You, you, you. I know nothing but you. You make my life simply a whole lot better, baby. I'm dependent on you, you've become a big part of me.

Since I made you my everything, when you left, I had nothing. I had no purpose in life anymore. I just felt so lifeless without you because you were my energy. But you were gone. Why would I want to carry on living if there's no you?" Jessica bemoaned, tears spilling from beneath her lids. 

Amber felt something crumble inside at her words, sorrow and depression suffocating her.

"But I love you beyond measure, Jessica. I know I love you. I want to be with you. Take me with you, Jessica. Take my body, I beg of you. We're meant to be, Princess. I'll kill myself too, if that means we'd live happily ever after in the other world." Amber cried in frantic, her eyes flashing deep sadness as though to persuade Jessica to stay. 

Even if Amber thought it was completely impossible. 

Jessica chuckled lightly but Amber heard an undercurrent of sadness beneath it. 

She stepped closer to the younger girl, slipping her arms around her bigger build. 

"I love you Jessica....." Amber again bewailed, her fingers digging into Jessica's back. 

Jessica began caressing her cheeks with her thumbs, weaving delicate patterns on Amber's face. 

She then latched her lips with Amber's, evoking her hidden emotions through the long, passionate kiss. 

She simply stared at Amber, reading her, seeing all the hope and fear and desire in the eyes that held her own. 

"That's what your mind says. Your heart says otherwise," 

Those were her last few words before she vanished into thin air.

Amber flung her arms wildly, the girl whom she was hugging seconds ago was missing. 

Enraged, Amber went berserk, screaming at the top of her voice. 

"Jessica where are you? Come back! Don't you dare ing leave me! I love you! Jessica! Don't go! I don't want to be alone! Don't leave me again! Return to me!"

But it was of no use. 

Jessica was gone. 

 

 

 

It broke my heart writing this chapter honestly... Amber has suffered enough don't you think so? I'm torn between Jessber and Kryber. Or maybe even JungLi? Hehe. 

Thank you so much for your support. Suscribe, comment, upvote.