Chapter 28

s weren't meant to fall in love.

 

Author's POV; 
 
Amber couldn't deny the fact that she had missed Krystal. A lot. She missed her touch, her hugs, the lips that made her fly, her constant nagging, her body, her face. Amber was yearning for her. 
 
"Krystal?" Amber called out softly, stepping into the house. 
 
Her movements came to a stop, her eyebrows knitted in confusion, her jaw dropped instantly.  
 
The house was in a complete ruckus. It was as though it had been wrecked by a vicious typhoon. 
 
Shattered windows, rubbish strewn everywhere, the sofa was overturned. The coffee table was in pieces, glass shards laid upon the floor, broken chairs. And a broken frame. Consisting of the photo they took on their first date. 
 
Amber gulped nervously. 
 
Her eyes roamed around the apartment, looking for her girlfriend. Where was Krystal? Was Krystal okay? Did Krystal hurt herself? 
 
"Krystal, I'm back! Where are you?"
 
She ran all over the place, images of Krystal flashing through her mind. She opened the wardrobe doors, she looked in the bathroom, in the kitchen, in their room but to no avail. 
 
She huffed in frustration, messing up her hair when she couldn't find Krystal anywhere. 
 
Krystal wouldn't have left Amber already, would she?
 
"Jung Soojung, where the are you?!"
 
"Krystal, it's Amber! I'm home!"
 
"Baby, I came back. Come out now please, I missed you so much!"
 
"Babe, have you forgotten about me already?! Where are you?!"
 
Her knuckles met the cold, hard wall, drawing blood almost immediately. Sliding onto the floor, she finally broke down. Tears falling from her deep brown eyes. 
 
She harshly banged the back of her head against the wall, ignoring the excruciating pain. 
 
"Don't leave me Krystal... Come back, I'll take better care of you... I promise I will. I only did what I did to you because Jessica told me to. I love you, I love the both of you with all my heart."
 
She gripped the left side of her chest tightly, as if it'd help to subside the pain. 
 
"WHY THE DID I HAD TO GET INVOLVED IN THIS?! WHY DID I HAD TO FALL IN LOVE WITH THE BOTH OF THEM?! WHY COULDN'T I HAVE JUST REMAINED LOYAL TOWARDS JESSICA? WHY DID I EVEN ING AGREED TO HER PLAN?! 
 
WHY MUST LOVE EVEN EXISTS? HOW DID I EVEN GET MYSELF INTO THIS MESS? Jessica, what do you want from me? Krystal, why did you leave your sister when she clearly needed you at that point of time? Why couldn't you girls have worked things out before? Why drag me into this?
 
Why am I even in this world? I only bring trouble, mom and dad were right... I'm nothing but a nuisance to everyone... You're a ing idiot, Amber Josephine Liu. You're a ing , loving two girls at the same time. You brainless freak!" Her voice thundered across the hallway. 
 
She tightened her fists before sobbing hard into her hands. 
 
"Come back Krystal....."
 
*Click*
 
Amber instantly looked up, her still teary eyes glued to the door. 
 
Her heart broke into pieces seeing two figures stumble into the apartment. 
 
Krystal and Sulli.
 
Their bodies too unusually close with Sulli's arm around Krystal's waist, her head laid upon Sulli's shoulder. 
 
With an obvious frown upon her face, Amber stormed over to the two new guests before violently grabbing Krystal away from Sulli and securely wrapping her arms around the red-haired beauty to emphasize on the fact that Krystal was hers, not Sulli's. 
 
"I'll take it from here," Amber smugly replied. 
 
Sulli rolled her eyes seeing how Amber was being snobbish about this despite breaking Krystal's heart once again. 
 
"She's knocked out. She's been drowning herself in alcohol since you left." A sense  of guilt flooded Amber hearing that from Sulli's mouth. 
 
"She loves you, you know that? Consider yourself lucky." Sulli stated firmly, gritting her teeth. 
 
"I had other matters to attend to."
 
"Sure you did."
 
"It's none of your business anyway, Choi Sulli. You have no right in this."
 
"Treasure her while you still can, Amber. Promise me I won't catch her self-inflicating herself again with tears running down her cheeks ever again."
 
"What the are you saying?"
 
"Check her wrists," And Amber did. Her eyes hurt at the sight. The scars on Krystal's wrists were so deep... Regrets started to haunt Amber's mind. 
 
"Why did she do this to herself?"
 
"Because you left her, bastard! You placed other matters before her, she didn't came first!" A vein throbbed in Sulli's neck. 
 
"I had no idea..."
 
"Why'd you leave? Where'd you go?"
 
"I-i don't know.. You don't understand anything.. You don't know the state that I'm in right now.. It's complicated!"
 
"Complicated? Krystal is your ing girlfriend, you should bother about her feelings too! She deserves to know about your whereabouts, you ! You can't simply ignore her calls and texts after leaving her all alone here! She's your girlfriend, your ing girlfriend.. Remember that."
 
"I didn't expect her to do this to herself! How would I know she'd do this? You think I enjoy seeing her hurting? I have my reasons!"
 
"You son of a . You don't hurt someone and claim you have a reason on why you did so. If this was actually the first time, I would've let you off. But no, this is the ing umpteenth time. You don't hurt just anyone, especially Krystal."
 
"I never meant to hurt her, please understand me..."
 
"You're a bloody monster sometimes you know that?"
 
"I-i know..." 
 
"You hurt her time and time again but she still comes back to you. She forgives you every single time and welcomes you home with open arms. And what does she get in return? Bull."
 
"I apologise... It's never my intention."
 
"She loves you so ing much."
 
"I love her too."
 
They were then stuck in an awkward silence. Sulli was clearly shooting daggers at Amber with her fiery glares but the latter was too busy with Krystal in her arms, inspecting for any other injuries. 
 
Sulli's chest hurt a little watching the two but she knew whom Krystal would pick in the end even if she gave the whole world to Krystal. 
 
She had no place in Krystal's heart. 
 
"Anyway, thank you Sulli. For being there for her while I was gone and bringing her back home."
 
"Next time, just take care of her a little ing better." 
 
Sulli walked away right after. 
 
Amber heaved a sad sigh before focusing back onto the girl in her arms. 
 
She adjusted her grip around Krystal, lifting her up swiftly as she made her way to their room. 
 
"You're so light.. What have you been eating? Don't do this again Krystal, please. Don't suffer because of me, I'm not worth it." Amber softly whispered after practically feeling Krystal's bones jutting out beneath her skin. 
 
Upon reaching their room, Amber gently laid Krystal on the bed, careful not to disrupt her sleep. She walked over to the closet, grabbing a pair of shorts and a shirt. 
 
Returning back to Krystal, Amber slowly ed her top and jeans before replacing them with the fresh new pair of clothes. 
 
She let her fingers linger on Krystal's body for awhile, enjoying the feeling against her fingertips. She had badly missed Krystal. Even when she was with Jessica. 
 
Finally, she covered Krystal with the duvet. She laid beside the drunk girl, propping herself up with her elbows. 
 
Amber faced Krystal. 
 
"I missed you, Soojung-ah. I missed you so much, my princess."
 
Amber lightly the girl's hair, tracing Krystal's eyes, nose and lips. She then kissed Krystal's forehead, pulling her closer. 
 
Recalling Sulli's words, Amber picked up Krystal's wrists, examining them as though they were a pair of rare exhibits. Again, tears fell from her eyes. Amber kissed the scars on Krystal's skin. 
 
"You silly girl. You stupid girl. You idiot. Why did you even hurt yourself? Why did you cut your beautiful skin? Why do you always try to make yourself suffer? Stop making yourself go through hell because of me, Soojung. Don't hurt yourself, it breaks my heart seeing you like this..."
 
"I'm sorry that i left you. You're not at fault, i am. Sometimes i wonder what'd my life be like if I hadn't met you two. I wouldn't get caught up in this mess. I wouldn't be hurting two hearts at the same time. I wouldn't have made either of you cry because of me. I'm a monster, Krystal. Why are you still in love with me?" Amber lamented, her heart drowning in despair. 
 
"You're the sweetest girl I've ever known. Just like Jessica. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Just like Jessica. You've never given up on me. Just like Jessica. You have a heart of gold. Just like Jessica. Your kiss causes butterflies in my tummy. Jessica makes me feel that way too. Your arms is where I want to be forever. That goes to Jessica too.
 
Now you know why I'm in a dilemma? Now do you know what I'm facing right now? I can't bear to lose any of you, I just can't imagine the pain I'd have to go through. I love you, I love Jessica. I love you girls. If only I could marry the both of you. That way, we'd have a happily ever after. I want to grow old with the both of you, build a family with you two, make love to you girls every night. But life doesn't work like that, aren't I right? Someone always has to end up getting hurt. 
 
As much as I want you to be with me forever, I can't hold you back from your true everlasting happiness. Sometimes I wished you had fallen for someone who would treasure you and keep your heart safe. I wished you had left me for someone else."
 
Amber wistfully stared at Krystal before leaning in to taste those lips she has missed so much. 
 
"I wished you had left me for Choi Sulli."
 
 
 
 
 
i somehow sympathized with Sulli in this. So did any of you teared? Comment, upvote & suscribe!!