Chapter 27

s weren't meant to fall in love.

 

Sulli's POV;
 
"She did what?!" My eyebrows met, my voice slowly rising. 
 
That son of a . 
 
"I don't know... I don't know anymore Choi Sulli..." She lamented. Her voice so sad... So broken... Krystal.. My Krystal..
 
"Haven't she tried to contact you the past few days?"
 
"Nope. I tried. But she didn't respond."
 
"That bastard! I'm going to kill her. I swear I will!" I was furious, raging mad. That monster doesn't know how to treasure a precious gem. How dare she. 
 
How dare she break my Krystal's heart over and over again. 
 
"NO!" Krystal shrieked at the other end. What?
 
"Why not? I told you I'd do just that if she hurt you again. She has to pay the price. I won't let her escape so easily."
 
"Don't hurt her. Don't hurt her please.."
 
"Why the do you even care? You're hurting because of her!"
 
"Don't Choi Sulli.. Please stay away from her, don't harm her at all.."
 
"I told you that girl was trouble! She doesn't deserve you! Why couldn't you have listened to me?! Look who's suffering now! It's you!"
 
"Thanks for listening to me Choi Sulli.. I really nee-"
 
"Why couldn't you have chosen me instead? Why couldn't you have loved me Krystal? I'd treasure you with all my heart. I'd take care of you, I'd never make you cry. The only tears falling from your eyes would be tears of joy. Why couldn't you have let me into your heart instead?
 
Why can't you see that I'm the one for you? That I'm the one who can make you really happy, the one who would always make you feel special, the one who would love you for eternity? Why is it that bastard that you fell in love with? Why is it that you chose to fall for the bad girl now?
 
Why can't it be me? She doesn't love you, she'll never will. It's obvious. She doesn't appreciate you Krystal. Is it her money Krystal? I can give that to you too. I'll buy you pretty jewelry, I'll bring you to those high class restaurants, I'll drive you around in my Lamborghini, I'll purchase branded goods for you, I'll spend all my money on you. I can do just that. Would that make you fall in love with me too?
 
Is it because of her looks? Is it because of her body? Her personality? Tell me Krystal, tell me. I'll change myself so that you'd be in love with me. Why did you choose that idiot but not me? In what way is she better than me? I know she's really good-looking. I know she's filthy rich. I know she has a toned body. I know she's charming. I know she's attractive. I know everything. 
 
But you know one thing she can never offer you? 
 
Love."
 
Sniffling sounds were heard before the line went dead. 
 
I gripped the phone tightly, rage engulfing my whole self. 
 
Infuriated, I crashed my phone against the wall, observing how it crumbled into  millions of tiny pieces. Similar to the current state of my heart.
 
I glanced over to the photo of her placed upon on my desk. 
 
I traced my finger gently across it, hot tears streaming down my cheeks. 
 
Why can't you love me Krystal? 
 
Why won't you simply give me a chance?
 
Author's POV;
 
"Go home now. Krystal needs you." Jessica reluctantly said, sadness obviously evident in her voice. 
 
"But why? I want to stay longer with you." She pouted. 
 
"Amber." 
 
"Just one more day, Sica. One. And then I'll get back to her."
 
"No."
 
"Please?"
 
Jessica sighed. 
 
"No, Amber."
 
"Why not?"
 
"Because I said so."
 
"That's bull. I want to be with you."
 
"But you can't. Think of Krystal."
 
"Are you trying to get rid of me?"
 
"No I am not. Now run along."
 
"I know you want to be with me too. So let's just ditch her."
 
"We can't do that. She's alone, remember? Besides, it's been a week. I can't always have you to myself."
 
"Let me break up with her then."
 
"No! Then our plan will backfire!"
 
"But I want to always be with you....." Amber lamented, her head hanging low. 
 
She laid both hands upon Amber's cheeks, her eyes flashing pain and despair. 
 
"You can't simply leave her like that. She's still your girlfriend. I'll be fine on my own."
 
"B-but wh-"
 
"You can't fail now Amber. We're one step away from our goal. Console her, regain her trust, propose to her."
 
"Okay..."
 
"But don't you dare show up at the wedding!"
 
Amber chuckled, rubbing her nose against Jessica's. 
 
"I won't. I promise. I want to marry you.  Not your sister."
 
"Well you'd better keep to that promise." Jessica glared at Amber, bringing up her fist. 
 
Amber grinned before enveloping the shorter girl in her arms.
 
"So after this, everything will be back to normal?"
 
"I promise you."
 
"No more Krystal? Just the two of us?"
 
"Only us."
 
"No more evil plan?"
 
"No more. This is the first and the last."
 
"Promise?"
 
"I promise, Amber Josephine Liu. We'd have the life we've always wanted after this."
 
Amber wrapped her arms around Jessica's waist even tighter, allowing the girl to listen to her heartbeat. 
 
"This heart beats for you, only you."
 
Jessica couldn't escape the tingly feeling in her tummy as her cheeks slowly turned red. 
 
She pulled away from Amber, slapping her arm before pulling her down for a kiss on the lips. 
 
"I'll miss you." She whispered. 
 
"I'll miss you too." Amber replied. 
 
"Don't let me down."
 
"I won't."
 
She stepped away from Amber, taking in the sight of her beautiful girlfriend. 
 
"I love you Amber."
 
"I love you too,"
 
The pair briefly stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds, quickly breaking off their eye contact. 
 
They weren't going to get lost in each other's intense gazes once more. 
 
They were certain that in no time, they'd be all twisted up in the sheets and screaming each other's names again.  
 
Amber hesitantly released Jessica's hands around her neck, her other hand on the doorknob. 
 
"I'm going now."
 
"I know."
 
"We'll see each other in about a week or so," Amber reminded her again. 
 
"I know."
 
"I'm really going now."
 
"Amber, shut up and just go. You're making this harder than it already is."
 
Amber blew a flying kiss, disconnecting their fingers. 
 
Jessica waved, watching Amber through the peephole till she was finally out of sight. 
 
Jessica stared at her fingers which were just in contact with Amber's a moment ago. Images of her and Amber rushing through her mind. 
 
Those beautiful memories they've shared. The constant promises they had which they'd always abide to. Their 'I love you's. 
 
Those times when Jessica would whip up horrible dishes for Amber to eat but that dork would lie that she'd love her cooking anyway and gobble everything up. Which would always lead to food poisoning the very next day. 
 
She loves Amber. With all her heart. She couldn't deny that. 
 
Amber made her feel special. 
 
Amber made it seemed as though Jessica was the only girl in the world. 
 
Amber made her heart race like no other person could. 
 
Amber made her feel whole once again. 
 
She strutted back to her room, lying herself onto the bed. She held the frame consisting of a photo taken on their first month together. 
 
She smiled weakly as she held it close to her body, releasing those tears that she's been holding back for so long. 
 
"I love you so much, Amber Josephine Liu. The past months we've been together, I couldn't have asked for more. You're the best, I swear you are. I love you, don't forget about me." She softly whispered, hoping Amber could still hear her. 
 
Quivering, she lightly placed a kiss upon the frame, hugging it once more before grabbing a small bottle not too far away from her. 
 
She poured the contents onto her palm, tears still falling from her eyes. 
 
Slowly, she swallowed them whole before returning back to her original position. 
 
'Krystal, take good care of Amber for me.'
 
And her eyes closed shut.
 
 
 
 
 
 
thank you so much for the 9000+ views. Suscribe, comment, upvote. Hope you shed some tears. Anyone curious about what's happened to Jessica?