Chapter 32

s weren't meant to fall in love.

Author's POV;

Amber watched as Krystal walked in with a glass of water and some medication pills. 

Since she had been discharged, the red-haired girl had been by her side the entire time, taking care of her and giving her all the attention in the world. 

And it made Amber ponder if she was actually deserving of Krystal. 

"Baby, time for your medicine. Oh, and I have to change your bandage too." Krystal sweetly said, offering Amber a genuine smile. 

Amber nodded before propping herself up on her elbows against the bed frame. 

Carefully Krystal unwrapped the bandage which covered Amber's crown, not wanting to hurt the older girl. 

She then grabbed the wet cloth, dabbing it over the wound gently. 

Amber hissed at the contact. 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry babe. Just hold on for a little more."

A smile played upon Amber's lips, feeling a pair of lips on her left cheek. 

"All better."

Krystal carried on treating the wound, applying medicated oil on it. 

Amber stared at the girl wistfully, her eyes expressing the words she  could never tell to the red-haired lady. 

'Why are you so good to me?' 

"All done! Okay now, eat these pills." Krystal exclaimed, waking Amber out of her reverie. 

Amber swallowed the pills whole, her face turning sour as the unfamiliar taste ran through . She grabbed the glass of water, gulping it down to get rid of the blandness. 

Krystal pinched Amber's cheeks. 

"You're so cute whenever you eat your pills."

Krystal giggled lightly causing Amber to beam at the sight. 

"I'll be back." Krystal patted her right thigh, lifting herself up. 

But Amber didn't wanted her to go. 

Amber swiftly jumped upon her two feet, wrapping her arms around Krystal's waist from behind causing the girl to freeze. Amber buried her head in Krystal's hair, holding the shorter girl tighter as she got increasingly intoxicated with Krystal's scent. 

"Don't go...." Amber whined. 

"Amber baby, I'm only going to the kitchen." Krystal spoke, prying Amber's hands off her. 

Amber again clung to her with desperate force. She shook her head against the back of Krystal's neck, tickling the younger girl's senses. 

"You don't have to go. Stay with me." 

"Amber."

"Please..." A note of pleading crept into her voice. 

"I won't be long."

"Don't leave me Soojung-ah..." Amber moaned again, her eyes already b with tears. 

Krystal instantly spun around, feeling a wet patch on her neck. 

She lifted Amber's chin, frowning immediately seeing the girl's stained cheeks. 

"Why are you crying?!" Krystal shrieked as she wiped the tears away with her thumbs. 

Amber kept mum, only staring at Krystal with such despair and agony. With so much pain..... 

"I'm not leaving you. I would have just been gone for two minutes. Don't cry. Okay okay, I'll stay." Krystal shushed the sobbing Amber, placing her index finger on the blonde's lips. 

"Amber what happened?" Krystal questioned, confused with her peculiar behavior. 

Amber shook her head. 

"I'm just tired, let's head to bed."

"But it's still noon! We just got up twenty minutes ago!"

Amber dragged her to the bed, pushing her down against the soft mattress. 

Amber kissed Krystal's forehead. 

"I know. But I want you to lie down beside me and sing me a lullaby. Now sleep,"

Krystal sighed before finally giving in to her girlfriend's request, pulling the duvet over their cold bodies. 

Amber's POV;

I walked around with no designated location in mind, only headed for where my feet brought me. 

I looked around only to be greeted by white everywhere. No blue sky, no yellow sun, no green grass. Just pure, plain white. 

From afar, I could hear a faint voice. A melodious voice singing to my favourite song. Jessica's favourite song. Our favourite song. 

Almost Is Never Enough. 

Could it be?

I began sprinting as hard as I could towards that voice, with no absolute clue of where I was going to. 

All that was embedded in my mind was that I had to find the owner. Even if I had to run a thousand miles or swim through the crashing waves or climb the highest mountain, I still had to find her. 

"Jessica! Sooyeon-ah is that you?" I clamored, my eyes flickering from left to right. 

No one responded, but the singing got louder as I ran further. 

"Babe! Come out! Come out and see me! It's Amber!"

Images of her started to cycled through my mind. 

"Baby, have you forgotten about me? It's Amber, the girl you've planned to marry."

I huffed in frustration, my fists drawing blood instantly as they met the hard concrete floor. 

Darling where are you?

"Jessica don't you love me anymore? Why won't you reveal yourself?!" I cried out in desperation. 

"I missed you..." I lamented. It took me everything to prevent myself from breaking down in tears. 

But all came crumbling down hearing the voice I've grown to love so much. The voice which never fails to make my heart beat faster. The voice that has been like music to my ears. 

"I missed you too Amber Josephine Liu."

 

 

Thank you for the overwhelming response. I really appreciate it. Please comment, suscribe & upvote! But the real question is,

Jessica or Krystal?