Chapter 21

s weren't meant to fall in love.

 

Krystal's POV;
 
Unhesitatingly, I turned away from her, walking as fast as my legs could carry me with no designated place in mind. 
 
"Krystal, wait! Let's just have a talk! No harm! I promise you no harm. Please."
 
I refused, picking up my pace slightly. I had to get away from her. She's a monster. And I hate monsters. 
 
I grimaced as she held me back, her arms strongly gripped on my shoulders. I promptly pulled away from her, glared at her before running somewhere else. 
 
Again, she followed me as I heard heavy footsteps behind me. I heard her call my name but I ignored them. She's dangerous. She'd do anything to take me away from Amber. My Amber. 
 
"I won't hurt you or Amber! I promise. Please, I've missed you so much. Can't we just have a simple talk like normal friends do?" I stopped to a halt, facing her. Hey eyes were so sorrowful and sad, I just couldn't bare to say no. 
 
"I won't do anything, Soojung. I swear I won't. Just ten minutes of your life. Please.." She again begged as she stood closer towards me. 
 
"Let's head to that cafe over there." I motioned to the Coffee Bean store a block away from we were. Her face immediately lit up as she then pulled my arm towards our destination, her touch, so gentle and soft. Unknowingly I smiled. I've never seen her so happy and the fact that I'm the cause of it made it even special. 
 
We were now sitting opposite each other. I could feel her intense gaze upon me while I tried to avoid her eyes instead. I instantly looked up at her hearing her clear . 
 
"Do you want anything? My treat."
 
"That's no need for you t-"
 
"Iced Caramel Latte it is. Not too much ice, no whipped cream and low fat milk. Just the way you like it." And she went off. 
 
She was back in a few minutes and handed me my beverage with a smile. I simply nodded with a 'thank you'. 
 
"Choi Sulli, how have you been doing?"
 
She seemed to be shocked seeing how I was taking the first initiative because I was getting no response from her. 
 
"Choi Sulli?"
 
"Oh sorry. Er yeah, not too bad. Not too bad. I'm doing okay."
 
"Good for you then. I haven't seen you the past two months. Usually you'd be creeping up on me or watching me from afar. Where'd you go?" She seemed a little stunned at my question but still managed to answer it. 
 
"I've been busy lately. Traveling around the world with my savings. Stated on my bucket list, you see. Savings that I saved up myself." Obviously you saved those savings, you idiot. Why would it be called savings then?
 
"Ah well that's nice. I'd like to travel around the world too. With Amber. And our kids."
 
She frowned upon hearing Amber's name but instantly pulled out a smile again when she spoke to me. 
 
"How about you Krystal?"
 
"Better than ever. I've got the love of my life beside me and the past two months has been the best moments of my life and I'm more than glad to spend the rest of it with her. I've been looking for a job since last month but I'm not having much luck now. Any position is fine by me as long as I get a decent, well-paid job."
 
"I'm glad things with Amber are going the way you wanted. She's really lucky to have you, I really hope she treasures you truly. You're a keeper."
 
"I know she will." I smiled at the thought of Amber. 
 
"And about your job, I hope you get one soon. I mean come on, you're smart, you're pretty, you're kind, you're sweet. I would hire you if I was an employer but too bad I'm not."
 
"Choi Sulli, are you trying to flirt with me? Because it's not working." I glared at her. She chuckled a little before brushing a few strands of my hair away from my face. I panicked a little at her gesture, backing a little too harshly into my seat.
 
She noticed my uncomfortableness because she was now murmuring countless apologies. 
 
"I'm really sorry Krystal. I just got carried away. I'm sorry. Don't be frightened of me." She lamented, her voice so sad and worried. 
 
Although I hated her, I still couldn't stand the sight of people being depressed. It took me every little bit of courage to bring myself to pat her shoulder slightly. 
 
"It's okay. I'm fine. Just be reminded that I have a girlfriend now."
 
"I know, I know. I just miss you a lot Krystal. I've spent many years trying to move on and forget about you. And when I finally do succeed, I would once again see you down the street or anywhere and all my efforts would immediately go down the drain Soojung."
 
"Tell me Soojung, how do you expect me to simply watch you walk away from me? How can I allow you to slip through my fingers? You're my first love, the first girl I've fallen so deeply in love."
 
"Sulli, I appreciate your feelings for me and I respect that. I've never had developed any sort of feelings for you throughout these years and I'm truly sorry. We weren't meant to be, we're not fated Sulli."
 
"Why couldn't you have given me a chance Krystal?"
 
"I don't love you Sulli, I really don't. Stop forcing me to like you or whatever when my heart is clearly taken by Amber already. I'm not attracted to you."
 
I watched those words stung her like hot venom as she hung her head in shame. 
 
"I'm sorry. I just don't know how to deal with this heartbreak."
 
"You'll get there soon. I know you will. Find someone else."
 
"But there's only one you."
 
"Find another girl. I don't plan on breaking up with Amber, stop waiting for me. I'm not coming back. I've never had, I'll never will."
 
"But why? I love you Krystal Jung. I love you so much. Don't go. Don't leave me."
 
"You don't. You hurt me before Sulli. Physically, emotionally, mentally. You broke all of me Choi Sulli. You don't love me. Don't say that, you don't mean any of it."
 
"Of course I do! I love you, I love you, I love you!"
 
"Then why did you hurt me? Why Sulli? Why did you torture me for so long?"
 
"I-I don't know. You humiliated me infront of so many people, you rejected me, you made me looked like a fool, how do you expect me to react to that? I hated you for that, I held a grudge against you. That's why I did that, to take revenge on you, to make you feel the pain that I went through. I thought in the end, everything will be fine. Things would be fair. But it didn't. This stupid heart of mine chose to love you even more, chose to beat faster for you. I had nowhere to go. And when you left, I had to follow you because my heart told me to do so. It's wherever you are, it beats for you. I'm always hiding from you, covered in the shade whenever I'm following you. I am like your shadow. I was hoping you'd see my effort and realize my love for you but Amber beat me to it. Amber got you instead, not me."
 
My eyes widened at the sudden realization, guilt slowly engulfing me. 
 
"Sulli, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was this bad. Forgive me, I had no idea."
 
"It's okay. I've long forgiven you. I'm still waiting for the day where you'll finally say those three words and actually mean them. It'd take me forever but I'd still wait. I love you Soojung-ah." Her eyes flashed passion and love, but still I felt nothing. Sulli I'm sorry. 
 
"Sulli you don't have to do th-"
 
She quickly ran to the door of the store before she turned to look at me, a big grin on her face. We had a few brief seconds of eye contact before she exclaimed as she made her way out.
 
"That Amber better keep your heart safe! If she ever breaks your heart, you'll see me the very next minute Krystal. I'll take you away from her that second. I swear I will."
 
And she was gone. 
 
Amber's POV;
 
I smiled seeing the woman that I dearly love beneath me in glory as she stared into my eyes so lovingly. 
 
"I've missed you so much ,"
 
She giggled a little, wrapping her arms round my neck. 
 
"I missed you as much as you missed me baby dino."
 
"Six months without you was horrendous. Don't make me do that again."
 
"I promise I won't. After this, we'll be together forever. For eternity."
 
"You promise?"
 
"Promise."
 
"Pinky promise?"
 
"Promise."
 
"Toe promise?"
 
"Promise?"
 
"Abs pro-"
 
"YAH!" She smacked my cheek teasingly as her lower lips jutted out a little. 
 
"I love you my queen." 
 
"I love you too my king," She gently pulled me down for a passionate kiss, letting her lips linger on mine for a little while longer before she continued,
 
"You're mine, Amber Josephine Liu. Property of Jessica Jung Sooyeon."
 
 
 
plot twist HEHEHEHEH. Comment. Suscribe. Upvote.