Chapter 29

s weren't meant to fall in love.

 

Author's POV;
 
"Amber? You're home?"
 
Amber nodded. 
 
"Is it really you?"
 
Amber nodded again, a silly grin plastered on her face. 
 
Krystal reached out to Amber, tracing her fingers along Amber's face to ensure that this wasn't a dream. To reassure herself that Amber had returned home. To be with her. 
 
"IT IS YOU, OH MY GOD!" Krystal shrieked at the top of her lungs, before launching into Amber's arms. 
 
"I missed you so much, Amber."
 
Amber was smiling so wide, she thought her cheeks were going to tear. She responded by wrapping her arms tighter around Krystal, lightly pecking the girl's cheeks. 
 
Amber's lips travelled to Krystal's left earlobe, giving it a little tug with her tongue.
 
"I missed you too, Soojung."
 
Amber heard the giggle she's been yearning to hear for ages, reminding her the longing she had for Krystal and how much she've really missed the red head. 
 
Her mind says that everything is normal now, they can finally go back to how they were before but her heart says otherwise. 
 
Amber's POV;
 
Something is definitely wrong here. Why is Krystal behaving as though nothing had happened between us? Why is Krystal being so sweet towards me?Shouldn't she be infuriated at me? 
 
I know I should be happy about this since it means I wouldn't have to work hard to regain her trust and make her love me again but this is completely absurd. 
 
I left her for a week. And even so, without a valid reason. She simply was behaving like a normal girlfriend would but I treated her like trash and left her side, getting annoyed with her and beating the daylight out of her. 
 
Why wasn't she mad? She's supposed to be. She should be raging at me right now, hitting my chest, cursing at me, throwing things at me, glaring at me. But why isn't she doing anything?
 
"Amber, are you okay?"
 
I was awakened from my thoughts, that familiar gentle voice ringing through my ears. 
 
"It's fine, babe. I'm okay."
 
She beamed a little adorable smile as she pulled my head towards her, kissing my lips. 
 
I grew stunned, feeling the rush of blood in my cheeks. 
 
"I just really missed you and I couldn't help myself but to do that. You looked so squishy."
 
I chuckled at her confession before resting my chin upon her head. I placed my two hands over hers, filing up the spaces between her fingers with mine. 
 
I heaved a sigh, planting her hair with little kisses. 
 
"Amber?"
 
"Yes lovely?"
 
"Want to know something?"
 
"What is it?"
 
"I can't seem to wait for tomorrow! I'm so excited to see what you've prepared for me! I know you won't let me down! " She suddenly squealed, bursting my eardrums. 
 
"Wait what?"
 
Her smile was instantly replaced by a deep frown, her arms crossed infront of her. 
 
"You forgot about it?"
 
"About what Krystal?"
 
"Our first monthsary! It's tomorrow! How could you have forgotten our special day?" She whined. 
 
First month?
 
Confusion flooded my mind, question marks appearing all around me. 
 
But we just celebrated our eleventh last two weeks...
 
"Babe, our eleventh monthsary was just two weeks ago?"
 
She giggled before kissing the back of my hands.
 
"You're so cute, you know that. We've just got together last month. Remember? You really see us being together that long? That's so sweet."
 
She smiled before resuming,
 
"Remember when you took me to Paris a week after we got together? We went sightseeing, visited Eiffel Tower, I gave myself to you that night. It was beautiful wasn't it? We then flew to Krabi. That was amazing. We had a picnic on the sand, went diving, we even had the chance to touch the dolphins! I was so afraid but you securely held me in your arms and whispered encouraging words in my ears. Thank you Amber, you make me happy." 
 
Paris? Krabi? Dolphins? Encouraging words?
 
What is the girl even saying? We've never done those things before. 
 
I spun her around, upset by the fact that she's forgotten all about us. In just a week since I left her. 
 
"Krystal, wake up. It's the 29th of January today. We got together on the 14th of February last year. We've already surpassed our eleventh month. It's our first year together in two weeks' time." I stated firmly, cupping her face in my hands. 
 
Her eyebrow a questioning arch, her confusion mirroring mine. 
 
"Amber are you mad? I said yes to you a month ago. How could we have celebrated our eleventh when we're barely halfway there? Is something wrong with you? Are you okay?"
 
I let out an annoyed groan, my voice monotone. 
 
"This isn't funny anymore, Krystal."
 
"What's funny? I'm not even laughing."
 
"You got me okay, it was a success. Now stop. It isn't very nice anymore alright. I've learnt my lesson."
 
"What are you even saying Amber Josephine Liu? I can barely understand a thing you're saying."
 
I felt a surge of anger, pissed by the fact that she was taking this as a complete joke. Battling with the emotions inside of me, I finally decided to let my guard down for once. 
 
"I'm sorry Krystal, I'm sorry for leaving you for a whole week. I'm sorry I lashed out at you and laid my hands on you when I shouldn't have. I'm sorry for not being that perfect girlfriend you ought to have, I'm sorry for acting like a monster and not treating you like my queen. I'm sorry I took advantage of your gullibility and playing with your feelings. I'm sorry I've never been the perfect one you ought to deserve. I'm sorry I realized my mistake a little too late. I'm sorry you had to bear with all my crap all this while. I'm sorry. Forgive me."
 
She listened intently before bursting into a fit of laughter. She clutched her stomach tightly, tears collecting in her eyes. 
 
That was it. 
 
"What the Krystal?! You think this is some kind of a joke? I ing apologized to you and you laughed? You think this is funny? What's gotten into you? I said I was sorry didn't I? What else do you want from me? You want to leave me? Fine, go ahead!" I boomed at the top of my lungs, not giving a about the nearby neighbors. 
 
them. 
 
She managed to calm down a little as a smile played upon her lips. 
 
She tried to put a comforting hand on my back but I jerked away as if scalded. 
 
"Hey what's wrong? Why are you so mad? No one is leaving you okay? I promise. I laughed because all you were doing was spouting nonsense. You'd never left me, you were gone for a business trip. You had never lashed out at me, you had never beaten me up, you had never done anything wrong to me Amber. You're the most perfect girl I could have ever met and I thank God for that. You mean everything to me."
 
She took a deep breath, drawing out the words. 
 
"What have you been eating lately? You seem so agitated and you've been speaking false truth nonstop. What's the matter?"
 
The anger I felt a moment ago slowly subsided, my burning heart replaced with a soothing, fuzzy feeling. 
 
But it still wasn't right. 
 
"Krystal, I appreciate your kindness but this is too much. What I did to you was unacceptable, you deserve every right to be mad at me, giving me blows onto my body, cussing at me. You can do anything to me, I'll accept it. I deserve it."
 
Her finger ghosted along my jaw. 
 
"I'm not going to do anything to you because you've never hurt me. What do you take me for? A maniac? Why would I be hitting you for no apparent reason?"
 
Something clicked inside of me at her words. 
 
Maniac....
 
No this couldn't be it. 
 
This can't be true. 
 
My princess Soojung is a healthy lady. 
 
She can't possibly be a maniac. 
 
She can't possibly had gone crazy when I left. 
 
Choi Sulli took care of her, so Krystal should be fine. 
 
Choi Sulli would never let anything harm Krystal. 
 
Or would she?
 
"Krystal baby, wait for me upstairs."
 
Like an obedient puppy she was, she nodded, pecking my check before running upstairs towards our room. 
 
With trembling fingers, I keyed in Choi Sulli's number. 
 
A couple of rings went off before a husky, low voice was heard at the other end. 
 
"Yah Choi Sulli!"
 
"What?"
 
Infuriated by the fact that Krystal wasn't herself anymore, I began cussing at her. 
 
" you son of a ! You bastard, you hurt my princess. You douchebag, you took advantage of my girl. You ing , you , you ! You did something to my Krystal, something is wrong with her! You hurt her! I'm going to ing kill you, you motherer. You're a ing devil, a complete monster!"
 
"What is wrong with you?" Her voice surprisingly calm. 
 
"What have you done to Krystal, Choi Sulli?!" I fumed, uncontrollable of my overwhelming emotions. 
 
"What have I done?"
 
The fact that she tried to appear clueless about the issue only fueled to the burning red anger building inside of me.
 
"Playing dumb now?! You hurt her while I was gone! She's a completely different person, she has forgotten everything about us. It breaks my heart, it pains me to see her like this! What have you done you ?! What have you done to my Krystal?!" I rambled on, tears already falling from my lids. 
 
"What have you done Choi Sulli? She remembers me but it's not the same anymore. She thinks we've just been together for a month. Our one year together is in two weeks Choi Sulli. Is this a game you guys planned for me? To take your revenge on me? Well I don't want to play this stupid game of yours. End it already, just please. I don't like your game...." 
 
"Shouldn't you be happy that she's not aware of all those you put her through? Shouldn't you be glad that she has no recollections of those day when you beat her, cuss at her, her, fool around with other girls, ignore her presence? Why are you regretting it now? You can start anew."
 
"It's not the same.. She remembers nothing. We've made such beautiful memories in our eleven months together. We had horrible fights, sweet make-ups, meaningful cuddles with each other on the couch, calling each other stupid names, tickling each other, cooking for each other, our first time together, our first kiss. We went through so much together. And now, she has no idea about anything. It breaks me, Choi Sulli."
 
"Amber..." 
 
"It isn't going to be the same. Even the memories she claimed to remember is bull. We've never done those stuffs. We've never gone to Paris nor Krabi. We've never played with dolphins before. Do you know how depressing this is Choi Sulli? The love of your life remembers nothing. She remembers false information that you're not even aware of. It's painful, Choi Sulli. What did you do to her? Bring her old self to me again. Bring the old Jung Soojung the I fell in love with a year ago. Please Choi Sulli." I broke down again, reminiscing the past memories with Krystal I've come to treasure so much. 
 
"Amber, I did nothing to her."
 
She drew a deep long breath. 
 
I felt every muscle in my body tense, bracing for what I already knew was coming. 
 
"Krystal..." She trailed off, lost in thought.
 
"Just ing say it already!" Again, I thundered. 
 
"She's been diagnosed with psychogenic pain, a day after you left her."
 
 
a painful chapter to write. sorry I took so long. I'm expecting a few tears from you guys or a pang in the heart. comment, suscribe, upvote.