The chase

Leeteuk's Challenge

 

Kyuhyun and Leeteuk were walking down the hallway, making plans for the afternoon when Leeteuk looked at his watch.
 

"I have to go prepare some things for our upcoming soccer game." he said as he looked up.
 

"Do you need help?" asked Kyuhyun with a bright look.
 

"Yeah, can you round up the guys and have them go to the field?" said Leeteuk with a smile.
 

Kyuhyun nodded in agreement and after Leeteuk gave him a peck on the lips they went their separate ways. Kyuhyun then started strutting down the hall then stopped when he heard some voices.
 

Oh, sounds like Siwon thought Kyuhyun with a curious look as he walked closer to the empty classroom, he was about to slam the door open when he heard the owner of another voice.
 

"Are you going to tell Changmin?"
 

Heechul? wondered Kyuhyun as he quietly opened the door a crack and peeked inside where he indeed saw his cousin speaking with Heechul and also Hangeng, the latter was sitting on a desk while the other two were standing.
 

"I don't think I have to. I've already informed my parents, so..." said Siwon with a shrug.
 

"I think you should, though, I mean he is looking after you now." said Hangeng.
 

"I think I can handle without him finding out." said Siwon.
 

Before Kyuhyun could find out more, he felt a pair of arms go around his waist from behind.
 

Wait a minute... this can't be Leeteuk, he went the other way... thought Kyuhyun as he felt the hairs at the back of his neck stand.
 

"Have you still not learned to not spy on other people, Kyuhyun?" murmured a creepy familiar voice; Kyuhyun didn't have to turn around to know who it was, he quickly got out of those arms and started running down the hall.
 

"Don't run, Kyuhyun, you're just going to make this worse." called Yesung in a calm voice as he started to walk in the same direction.
 

Why is he following me?! Kyuhyun asked himself as he looked back and saw the older coming after him... slowly, but after him.
 

"Kyuhyun~ Come back, I just want to talk with you." called Yesung with a small smile.
 

"No way!" exclaimed Kyuhyun, his heart racing.
 

Getting ready to go to the field as Leeteuk told him a moment ago, Eunhyuk was rumaging through his locker when he heard shoes squeaking on the floor. He looked up and raised and eyebrow when he saw Kyuhyun running in his direction with a freaked out look.
 

"Eunhyuk! Hide me!" pleaded Kyuhyun when he reached the blonde.
 

"What did you do?" asked Eunhyuk suspiciously while he closed his locker.
 

"Yesung is after me!" was all Kyuhyun had to say to have Eunhyuk react.
 

"Come on, let's go to the music room." said Eunhyuk with a panicked look as he took Kyuhyun by the hand and both started running.
 

They went into the music room and saw Ryeowook sitting on the floor with music sheets spread out around him. He looked up at them with a curious, but cheerful look.
 

"Oh! Kyuhyun, you're here! I was about to go out and look for you." said Ryeowook with a a broad smile as he got up.
 

"Wookie! Yesung is chasing Kyuhyun!" said a wide eyed Eunhyuk as Kyuhyun looked about the room for a place to hide.
 

"Why would Yesung be chasing him?" asked Ryeowook with a confused look.
 

"He caught me eavesdropping." replied Kyuhyun as he tried to squeeze in where they kept cleaning utensils.
 

"That's no reason to chase you, though." said Ryeowook with a blink, the three of them gave a startled jump when the doorknob jiggled.
 

"It's him!" cried out Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk in unison before both ran towards some shelves and hid behind them.
 

Ryeowook was left standing by himself as the door opened and Yesung poked his head in, he looked around with his eyes before his gaze landed on Ryeowook.
 

"Have you seen Kyuhyun?" asked Yesung, Ryeowook only shook his head, not daring to let his eyes wander where he was hiding.
 

Yesung nodded and seemed to think about something before smiling and entering the classroom, he closed the door and walked towards Ryeowook, who nervously looked around the room.
 

Think, Ryeowook, think! What can you do to get Yesung to not suspect Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk are in here? he asked himself as Yesung walked towards him.
 

"Can we finish the conversation we were having the other day? Before we got... interrupted?" asked Yesung in a low voice.
 

"I-I already told you my answer." stuttered Ryeowook as he averted his gaze to the floor.
 

"The options were yes or yes... No wasn't an option." said Yesung with a faint smirk.
 

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk exchanged wide eyed looks, not sure what to think of what they were hearing.
 

"L-Like I told you b-before... I prefer Kyuhyun." said Ryeowook nervously, making Kyuhyun's eyes widen even more while Eunhyuk was giving him a surprised look.
 

"You never told me the reason why, you just blurted that out without explaining." said Yesung with a light frown.
 

"I don't have to explain why." said Ryeowook with a frown of his own as he looked up at the older.
 

"If I said I preferred Kyuhyun over you then that's how it is." he said.
 

"But why? How am I supposed to improve myself if you don't tell me what I'm lacking?" countered Yesung, a pleading look in his eyes.
 

"Can we not do this today? I'm really busy right now." said Ryeowook as he gave a pointed look towards his scattered music sheets.
 

"Okay, okay... I'll back off for today, but tomorrow... Tomorrow, I'll come back for an answer. A proper one." said Yesung, he took one last look at Ryeowook before leaving the classroom.
 

Ryeowook quietly went towards the door and carefully opened it, sighing in relief when he saw Yesung's retreating back. He closed the door and turned back around, his eyes widening when he saw Kyuhyun standing there with his arms crossed and a puzzled look on his face while Eunhyuk stood beside him with a more than amused look on his face.
 

"What do you mean you prefer me over Yesung?!" asked Kyuhyun with big eyes.
 

"Yeah, that's what I wanted to talk to you about." said Ryeowook as he walked back to his music sheets and crouched down.
 

"Henry told me he chose you over ZhouMi, who's been after him for months and Taemin is always telling me how amazing you are." he chatted about as he picked up and looked through his music.
 

"Wow, Kyuhyun, you're pretty popular." said Eunhyuk with a laugh, making Kyuhyun send him a half hearted glare before looking back at Ryeowook.
 

"Wait a minute... ZhouMi was after Henry?" he repeated.
 

"Yeah, but he gave up when Henry was determined to get you." replied Ryeowook as he put his music sheets together and stood up, then turned and smiled at him.
 

"I've made my decision and I have my sights set on you too." he said with the most innocent expression on his face.
 

Eunhyuk's jaw dropped in shock at the straightforward statement while Kyuhyun felt like he was about to pass out. What was this? Was Ryeowook really confessing to him in front of Eunhyuk? Was he really doing this knowing Kyuhyun already has a boyfriend?
 

"W-Wookie..." said Kyuhyun hesitantly, not sure what to say.
 

"I don't need an answer right now, but if you could get back to me as soon as possible it would be great." said Ryeowook, then looked over at Eunhyuk.
 

"I told Donghae too, but he flat out refused." he said with a pout.
 

"D-Donghae? You were after Donghae?" asked Eunhyuk with a look of disbelief.
 

"Yeah, but he said he'd rather be with you." said Ryeowook while still pouting.
 

"I-I think Yesung would definitely be better!" blurted Kyuhyun.
 

"Really?" asked Ryeowook with a doubtful look.
 

"Yeah, really! Even if he is a little weird sometimes, he definitely suits you best." said Kyuhyun with a nervous laugh, he then turned and ran out of the classroom before the other two could say anything.
 

Ryeowook had a thoughtful look while Eunhyuk still could not believe the younger would be after Donghae.
 

"What are you up to, Wookie?" asked Eunhyuk with a suspicious look, finding this whole situation far too weird.
 

Ryeowook merely smiled up at him.