Will you...?

Leeteuk's Challenge

 

When they reached the ice cream parlor, Kyuhyun went up to the counter and looked at all the different flavors with big eyes while Leeteuk walked up beside him. They each ordered their ice cream and Leeteuk paid for it, then they walked over to a table by the window and sat down while they waited for their orders.

 

Ahh, I'm so nervous... thought Leeteuk as he watched Kyuhyun playing with a balled up piece of tissue.

 

The girl that had taken their order came up to their table and gave them their ice cream cones.

 

"I'll be back with your sundae, which is on the house." she said with a polite smile and walked off.

 

The other two just started eating their ice cream in a comfortable silence, Kyuhyun knew that Siwon had told Leeteuk about his going away so he didn't bother bringing that up.

 

Leeteuk was so nervous that he unconsciously ate his ice cream really fast, resulting in a brain freeze. He let out a sound that sounded like a duck, making Kyuhyun look up curiously.

 

"Did you just... quack?" asked the younger.

 

"No." replied Leeteuk with a pout as he held his head in his hands.

 

"What's wrong? Brain freeze?" asked Kyuhyun as he tilted his head to the side.

 

Leeteuk only nodded as he massaged his temples, he then looked up when he felt a pair of hands on his head and saw Kyuhyun sitting next to him.

 

"I used got get these all the time when I was little and this is what my mom would do to make me feel better." said Kyuhyun as he concentrated on the massage.

 

Leeteuk's cheeks turned red from having Kyuhyun so close and his brain freeze seemed to automatically disappear. Just then, the girl came back with the sundae and placed it in front of them.

 

"Enjoy your ice cream!" she said cheerfully and walked off again.

Kyuhyun started eating some of the strawberry ice cream and smiled happily, making Leeteuk smile as well. The younger noticed he wasn't eating any of the sundae, so he got a spoonful of the chocolate scoop and held it up to Leeteuk's mouth.

 

"Eat it slowly this time." said Kyuhyun with a mock stern look.

 

Leeteuk laughed and leaned forward to eat the ice cream, Kyuhyun grinned and he got another spoonful of strawberry for himself and ate it. That's when Leeteuk noticed that they only had one spoon and he looked over at the register suspiciously, he saw Sooyoung leaning on the counter and she waved her fingers at him with a bright smile on her face. Leeteuk grinned and shook his head in amusement, knowing it was her idea to give them only one spoon.

 

"Here, Leeteuk, help me finish this." said Kyuhyun as he held up another spoonful of ice cream, Leeteuk was more than happy to comply.

 

When they were halfway eating the ice cream, Leeteuk decided to just say what he wanted to say.

 

"I had something planned out to say, but that wasn't really me. So, I'm just going to say it my way." said Leeteuk.

 

"I'm listening." said Kyuhyun as he continued to eat the ice cream.

 

"Kyuhyun... I felt an instant attraction to you when I first saw you, even though I didn't know who you were. I found myself looking at you often and getting jealous whenever other guys were near you." said Leeteuk, then let out a laugh and continued.

 

"I was even jealous of Siwon because I thought you two were dating, but felt extremely relieved when I found out you two are cousins. Then you go and tell me that you met Taemin... you have no idea how jealous I got when I saw how well you two got along."

 

"What I'm trying to say, Kyuhyun, is that I fell in love with you and nothing would make me more happy than for you to feel the same way about me." said Leeteuk, making Kyuhyun stop what he was doing.

 

The younger looked at him with an unreadable look and Leeteuk took something out of his pocket. The older then looked at Kyuhyun right in the eyes as he held out two silver rings.

"Kyuhyun... Will you be my boyfriend?" asked Leeteuk in a steady voice, his heart beating rapidly in his chest.

 

Kyuhyun's expression remained unreadable as he looked down at the couple rings in Leeteuk's hand, the latter unconsciously held his breath as Kyuhyun reached out and placed his hand over his.

 

"I'll admit, I'm not surprised to know that you have a thing for me... but I'm shocked that it's love you feel." said Kyuhyun as he kept his eyes on the rings.

 

"I... don't feel the same way, though." said the younger, sending a dagger straight through Leeteuk's heart.

 

The older let out a more than disappointed sigh and he closed his eyes; he was half expecting this rejection, but he wasn't expecting it to hurt this bad.

 

"The love part, I mean... I don't love you the way you love me, but I definitely feel something for you, Leeteuk." said Kyuhyun, making Leeteuk open his eyes again to look at him and saw a small smile on Kyuhyun's face.

 

"I mean, when I saw you with Minho that day... Sungmin told me that I got jealous and-."

 

"Ohhh, I get it... You only have a crush on me." said Leeteuk, a broad smile appearing on his face.

 

Kyuhyun's cheeks turned red as he nodded without looking at the older.

 

"Does that mean...?" asked Leeteuk, trailing off uncertainly.

 

"Yes, Leeteuk, I'll be your boyfriend." replied Kyuhyun with a grin.

 

Leeteuk felt his spirits rise to the roof at how happy he felt right now as he wrapped Kyuhyun in a tight hug, making the younger laugh as he hugged back.

 

"I promise to always make you smile and make sure you're happy." said Leeteuk happily.

 

"You better or I'll send Siwon after you." teased Kyuhyun.

 

Leeteuk laughed and he pulled away from Kyuhyun, he then raised Kyuhyun's hand and slipped the silver ring onto his ring finger.

 

"So, you have the key to my heart, huh?" asked Kyuhyun in amusement as he saw that his ring was the one with the heart.

 

"Yeah, and I'll make sure it stays that way." said Leeteuk with a laugh as he slipped the other ring onto his own finger.

 

Kyuhyun continued to look at his ring with a smile on his face, he then felt Leeteuk's hand under his chin and his head was tilted upwards to look at the older. Leeteuk had a small smile on his face while his eyes seemed to sparkle from how happy he was, the older then leaned in and Kyuhyun closed his eyes as he felt Leeteuk's lips land on his in a soft kiss.

 

It was a simple, innocent kiss and when Leeteuk pulled away, Kyuhyun pouted.

 

"You could have made it last longer." said Kyuhyun, making Leeteuk laugh.

 

"We're in public, Kyuhyun." said the older as a light blush appeared on his cheeks.

 

They both chuckled and stayed in silence for a few seconds before they heard a grumbling sound.

 

"That was me." said Leeteuk with a sheepish smile and he put his hands on his stomach.

 

"Let's go feed you, duck." said Kyuhyun with a laugh.

 

They got up from the booth and walked towards the door of the ice cream parlor, the door opened and Siwon walked in. He raised an amused eyebrow at their linked hands.

 

"So... you actually did do it." said Siwon, he then narrowed his eyes at Leeteuk.

 

"You better take really good care of him." he said, Leeteuk let out a laugh while Kyuhyun smiled.

 

"Siwon, don't threaten my boyfriend, it's not nice." said Kyuhyun, making Leeteuk blush.

 

Siwon grinned and ruffled Kyuhyun's hair and looked around the ice cream parlor.

 

"Have you guys seen Sooyoung?" he asked.

 

"You two look so cute together!" squealed a happy Sooyoung, appearing out of nowhere and startling the other three.

 

Leeteuk and Kyuhyun smiled somewhat shyly and thanked her, then Siwon suggested they all have dinner together. Everyone agreed and went to the nearest restaurant.