Japan Diaries Pt. 1

Leeteuk's Challenge

 

"Changmin! You said you were going to take me out this week! You lazy sack of potatoes!" whined Kyuhyun while lying next to Changmin on the latter's bed.

 

"You did say that if he got good grades while I was tutoring him, you would take him out." said Yunho as he pushed his glasses further up his nose so he could look at his tablet better, he was sitting on an armchair by the window.

 

"Yeah, I got more than good grades last week. I called Siwon and Leeteuk and they're having fun adventures." said Kyuhyun with a pout, he then leaped on top Changmin and went dead weight on him.

 

"Where are my fun adventures? Changmin, wake up!" whined Kyuhyun in a loud voice, making Changmin groan and put his pillow over his head.

 

Kyuhyun tried pulling the pillow away, but Changmin kept a good grip on it.

 

"I'm going to tell auntie you're being mean to me." said Kyuhyun as he tugged at the pillow, Changmin peeked from under his pillow to look at his digital clock and let out an annoyed groan.

 

"Kyuhyun, it's six in the freaking morning... go take a nap or something." said Changmin, then yawned and continued to just lie there.

 

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes at his brother and went to lie down at the foot of the bed. Changmin let out a happy sigh from the silence as he his side, his eyes still closed. He then started to rock back and forth and let out a not so happy sigh.

 

"Oh, look at that, you're kicking me." said Changmin, his eyes still closed as Kyuhyun used both feet to lightly kick him in the .

 

"The stores aren't even open at this hour, you'll have to wait a while." said Changmin as he continued to get kicked.

 

"That doesn't mean you can't get up and make us something to eat." said Kyuhyun, making his brother sigh again.

 

"Yunho knows how to cook too." said Changmin, his eyes opening a little.

 

Kyuhyun stopped kicking and jumped on top of Changmin, making the latter go "Oof!"

 

"But he's my tutor and you're my brother, you are the one who's responsible for my nutrition." whined Kyuhyun.

 

"I'll be responsible later, I'm too sleepy from work to get up right now." said Changmin, not caring that Kyuhyun was on top of him.

 

"And stop jumping on me, that really hurts my liver." he added when Kyuhyun started jumping.

 

Yunho grinned and got up from the armchair, he then went over to the brothers and without warning, he jumped on top of Kyuhyun and Changmin. Kyuhyun just started laughing while Changmin groaned in protest at the extra weight.

 

"Guys, I seriously don't think this extra weight is good for my kidneys." said Changmin as he tried to squirm out from under them.

 

Changmin then turned a certain way that made the other two fall off the edge of the bed, Yunho landed on his back on the floor and Kyuhyun landed on his stomach on top of him.

 

"Yunho, get off my little brother, you ert." said Changmin with narrowed eyes and looking wide awake now.

 

"Well, if you would have given us something to eat, it wouldn't have come to this situation." said Kyuhyun, who made no attempt in getting up.

 

"He's on top of me. If anything, I should feel like the violated one." said Yunho with a blink.

 

Changmin got off his bed and grabbed Kyuhyun by the arm, lifting him off Yunho. Kyuhyun grinned at his brother, trying to look innocent.

 

"Go to your room." said Changmin, then gave Kyuhyun a once over.

 

"And get changed while I go make something to eat." he added while givign him a push, then scratched his back and yawned while closing the door behind Kyuhyun.

 

A few seconds later, Changmin's bedroom door opened again and Yunho was pushed out with a grin on his face.

 

"And take him with you." said Changmin from behind the closed door, making the other two laugh.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

They were now in Changmin's car, Kyuhyun and Yunho were in the backseat being annoying. They would take turns kicking the back of Changmin's seat, but would quickly stop when they reached a red light.

 

"Yunho, you're twenty seven years old! Act like it!" exclaimed Changmin with big eyes, looking at his friend through the rearview mirror.

 

Yunho pouted and crossed his arms, then looked out the window with an unhappy expression. Kyuhyun looked over at Yunho with a curious look, then frowned and looked at Changmin.

 

"Don't pick on him, Chanmgin, we were just having fun." said Kyuhyun, making his brother glance at him through the rearview mirror.

 

"Well, he's supposed to know better than to be kicking the seats like a child." said Changmin with a frown.

 

"Geez, Changmin, excuse Yunho for trying to cheer me up in a city where I have no friends and my big brother is too busy with work to spend some time with me." Kyuhyun shot back, his words going straight to Changmin's soul.

 

"See? You know I'm right, that's why you're not saying anything." said Kyuhyun, he crossed his arms and looked out the window.

 

I wish I was back home with Leeteuk thought Kyuhyun and he started to feel a little homesick.

 

Yunho looked over at the younger and saw a sad look on his face, making him get a concerned look on his face as he scooted closer.

 

"Are you okay, Kyuhyun?" he asked, Changmin heard and looked at them through the rearview mirror.

 

"Changmin doesn't like me." replied Kyuhyun, then to both the guys' horror, the younger's eyes started to get watery.

 

"I want to go home." said Kyuhyun in a sad tone, then a tear rolled down his face and he sniffed.

 

"Changmin doesn't want me, I want Siwon and I want to go home!" he shouted and closed his eyes as more tears came out, then leaned into Yunho's chest and started sobbing.

 

"Yunho, tell Changmin I want to go home." said Kyuhyun, his voice coming out a little muffled.

 

Yunho and Changmin exchanged alarmed looks and Changmin went to the side of the street and stopped the car. He fully turned in his seat and reached out a hand to Kyuhyun's hair.

 

"I do like you, Kyuhyun, you're my little brother. I'm sorry for not paying attention to you this past week and I know that no excuse in the world is going to make up for that." said Changmin with a hurt look while Yunho wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun.

 

"I want Siwon." repeated Kyuhyun while clinging on to Yunho.

 

Minho warned me about these outbursts thought Changmin with a worried look.

 

"Kyuhyun, how about we spend this whole week together? I'll cancel all my appointments at the company and we'll do whatever you want... If you still want to leave after that, I'll understand." said Changmin.

 

"A simple week isn't going to make up for the years you were gone. I want to go home now." said Kyuhyun, his sobbing had stopped, but he was still clinging on to Yunho.

 

Changmin didn't say anything to that as a pained look appeared on his face, he turned back around in his seat without knowing what to do next. Kyuhyun then remembered what Leeteuk had told him; that no matter what, he was surrounded by people who loved him and cared deeply about him, even if they aren't always there with him. Leeteuk had also told him to stop guilt tripping Changmin because Kyuhyun didn't know what that did to his older brother.

 

My duck's right... I shouldn't keep putting the blame on Changmin, after all, he is trying his best for me... thought Kyuhyun.

 

He looked over at his brother and saw that his shoulders were drooped a little and his head was hung low. Kyuhyun slowly let go of Yunho, who also let go, and leaned forward towards Changmin.

 

"I'm sorry, Changmin." said Kyuhyun, he then slid his arms around Changmin's shoulders from behind and gave him a hug, Yunho smiled a little at Kyuhyun's attempt to make amends.

 

"It's okay, Kyuhyun... I'm not angry." said Changmin with a small smile as he gave Kyuhyun's hand a pat, Kyuhyun smiled and rested his head against Changmin's shoulder.

 

"Oh, stop it you two, you're going to make me cry." said Yunho playfully as he dramatically fanned his face while looking up.

 

Kyuhyun and Changmin laughed at that, making Yunho grin and laugh as well.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

They spent the day sight seeing and Yunho took a picture of the smiling brothers, who were now starting to get along just fine. Kyuhyun remembered to keep an open mind about Changmin and the latter remembered to make time for his little brother from now on.

 

"By the way, Yunho, I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier." said Changmin with a sheepish look as they ate lunch at some nice restaurant.

 

"It's okay, Changmin, I know you didn't meant to snap at me." said Yunho with a smile.

 

Changmin smiled back and nodded, then got up to refill their cups. When he was out sight, Kyuhyun turned to Yunho and grinned mischievously at him.

 

"You like my brother~" he sang, making Yunho's face turned red.

 

"N-No, I don't!" he quickly denied.

 

"Tsk, you're just like Sungmin and his denial of his love for Wookie." said Kyuhyun while rolling his eyes, he then looked at Yunho again.

 

"I can help you two get together." he offered.

 

"It's not that simple, Kyuhyun, I don't even know if Changmin is interested in guys." said Yunho with a pout.

 

"You've been friends for years, how could you not know?" asked Kyuhyun with a raised eyebrow.

 

"He's always been the busy type and every time I get the courage to confess, it's always the wrong moment." said Yunho as he played with his napkin.

 

"Do you want me to find out if he likes guys or girls?" asked Kyuhyun.

 

"Yes, that would be very helpful." replied Yunho with a nod.

 

"What would be very helpful?" asked Changmin, who had come back and placed the cups on the table.

 

Since Yunho is a fast thinker, he quickly said in a casual tone,

 

"If Kyuhyun learned how to drive."

 

"Yes!" agreed Kyuhyun in a louder than necessary voice, Changmin got a thoughtful look on his face and nodded after a while.

 

"That would be helpful." he agreed, then looked at Yunho.

 

"Why's your face red?" he asked with a curious look.

 

Yunho's eyes widened a little and he looked down at his food, making Kyuhyun grin.

 

"He was thinking of a special someone." said Kyuhyun, Yunho blinked and looked up at the younger with a pleading look as if saying, "please stop talking."

 

"Really? Who?" asked Changmin with an interested look.

 

"So, Changmin, what's your type in guys?" asked Kyuhyun, without answering his brother.

 

"Me? Well, I like the type who listen. He has to be handsome, have muscles..." as Changmin trailed off, Kyuhyun grinned evilly and looked at Yunho, who was looking at Changmin in disbelief.

 

Whoaaa, Changmin likes guys! Maybe I have a chance! thought Yunho cheerfully.

 

----------------------------------------

 

On the way home, Kyuhyun fell asleep in the car and when they got to Changmin's house, the older picked up Kyuhyun in his arms and carried him inside and up to his room. Changmin took off Kyuhyun shoes and tucked him in comfortably, then softly kissed his forehead.

 

"Goodnight, Kyuhyun." whispered Changmin with a smile as he turned off the light, he went back downstairs to the living room where Yunho was and saw his friend fast asleep on the couch.

 

Changmin didn't want Yunho sleeping on the uncomfortable couch all night and since he was going to pull an all-nighter with his work, Changmin decided to let Yunho have his room. He walked over to his sleeping friend and carefully gathered him in his arms like he did with Kyuhyun, he then went back upstairs towards his own room and did the same thing he did for his brother.

 

"Goodnight, Yunho." whispered Changmin with a smile as he took off his friend's glasses and put them on the nightstand, he then leaned in and softly kissed his forehead as well.

 

He turned off the light and went downstairs into his study to work, not knowing that Yunho was half awake and was smiling.