Is Leeteuk going to be okay?

Leeteuk's Challenge

 

It was the next morning and Leeteuk woke to a light snore, his eyes opened slower than usual and he looked down to see Kyuhyun fast asleep in his arms with his mouth slightly ajar as he softly snored.

 

After they had dinner, they watched some movies in the living room then Kyuhyun had trouble falling asleep because Siwon wasn't there. So, Leeteuk warmed up some milk for the younger and wrapped a big warm blanket around the two of them, sang a little to him and basically rocked him to sleep like a baby. Kyuhyun had snuggled into his shoulder and slowly fell asleep at two in the morning and Leeteuk fell asleep a half hour later after making sure the younger wouldn't wake up.

 

Leeteuk looked up at the digital clock on top of the t.v. and saw that it was ten thirty in the morning, way past the time they were supposed to be in school. He then pulled out his phone and his tired eyes widened at how many texts and missed calls he had from Siwon. Leeteuk was about to check the messages when his phone started to ring, startling him, he quickly answered so the ringing wouldn't wake Kyuhyun. But before Leeteuk could say anything, angry shouting immediately came from the other end of the line.

 

"PARK JUNGSOO! WHERE'S MY BABY KYU?!" Leeteuk winced and pulled the phone away from his poor ear, he then put the receiver close to his mouth and said,

 

"Siwon, stop shouting."

 

"WHY AREN'T YOU AND KYU IN SCHOOL?!" shouted Siwon and Leeteuk could hear Mrs. Choi's voice in the background telling her son to calm down.

 

"If you don't stop shouting, I'm going to hang up." warned Leeteuk as he suddenly felt his head throbbing.

 

"LET ME TALK TO K-!" before Siwon could finish his sentence, Leeteuk hung up on him and let his phone drop on his lap and raised his hand to his head while closing his eyes with a grimace.

 

Ugh... I think I'm getting sick thought Leeteuk, he opened his eyes again and saw that Kyuhyun was still asleep.

 

I should move from here, I don't want to get Kyuhyun sick too he thought and reluctantly started to remove his other arm from around Kyuhyun, the younger frowned and made a noise of complaint from the lack of warmth.

 

Leeteuk smiled a little as he slowly and carefully got off the couch while laying Kyuhyun down the rest of the way on the cushions, then adjusted the warm blanket around him and brushed some hair out of his closed eyes. The older then jumped a bit when his phone started ringing again and rolled his eyes when he saw that it was Siwon again.

 

"Did you calm down yet?" asked Leeteuk as he quietly made his way to his room.

 

"Yes! Now, where's Kyuhyun? Why didn't you guys go to school?" asked Siwon in a bossy tone.

 

"He's asleep, and we didn't go to school because something happened that resulted in us going to sleep very late." said Leeteuk as he stifled a yawn and sat on his bed.

 

"What do you mean 'something happened?' PARK JUNGSOO, WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BABY?!" Siwon shouted the last part, making Leeteuk sigh with a face palm and he hung up on the younger again.

 

His phone rang yet again and Leeteuk answered the call with raised eyebrows, as if silently challenging Siwon to shout again.

 

"Stop hanging up on me!" said Siwon in a loud voice.

 

"Stop shouting!" said Leeteuk in the same volume, he heard the younger sighing on the other end.

 

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry for shouting, Leeteuk... But can I talk to Kyu, please? I know he's okay because he's with you, but I miss him." said Siwon.

 

"I already told you, Siwon, he's asleep." said Leeteuk in slight annoyance.

 

"Please, Leeteuk. Can you please wake him up?" asked Siwon in a pleading tone, Leeteuk sighed while rubbing his temples.

 

"I'll see if I can wake him up, okay? And you have some serious explaining to do when you get here, you got that?" said the older as he got up from his bed and started to walk back downstairs.

 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" said a now cheerful Siwon, making Leeteuk roll his eyes with a smile.

 

He went into the living room and saw that Kyuhyun had completely covered himself with the blanket so only his hair was poking out, Leeteuk smiled at the sight and went to sit on the floor next to the couch. He reached out his hand and lightly shook the younger by the shoulder.

 

"Kyuhyun..." he softly called, Kyuhyun didn't respond.

 

"Wake up, Kyuhyun." said Leeteuk in the same soft tone as he uncovered Kyuhyun's face.

 

"Five more minutes." mumbled a sleepy Kyuhyun as he tried to cover his face up again.

 

"Siwon wants to talk to you." said Leeteuk, the younger immediately opened his eyes and sat up.

 

"Where is he? Is he coming home yet?" asked Kyuhyun as he looked at Leeteuk with big eyes.

 

Leeteuk felt a little upset about how fast Kyuhyun reacted to Siwon's name and not to his callings, but forced a smile on his face while handing Kyuhyun his phone. The younger quickly took the phone with both hands and held it up to his ear.

 

"Siwon?" he said into the receiver, then a big smile spread across his face and his eyes lit up happily as he talked to Siwon.

 

I should let them talk privately... thought Leeteuk as he saw how happy Kyuhyun looked now, he unnoticeably stood up and went into the kitchen to see if he could make something to eat for the both of them.

 

As he was making some simple toast with jam, Leeteuk heard Kyuhyun's laughter from the living room and he pouted a bit; he was glad that Kyuhyun was starting to cheer up, but he didn't like that it was Siwon who was making him laugh. Leeteuk then felt another throbbing pain in his head and he clutched his head with one hand as the other grabbed onto the counter for support. He knew he was sick because he had felt his nose getting runny and his throat felt a little sore.

 

"Are you okay, Leeteuk?"

 

Leeteuk opened his eyes and turned to see Kyuhyun with a concerned look as he stood in the doorway of the kitchen with the phone in his hands. The older tried to smile as he nodded, but felt a wave of nausea and he stopped nodding and grimaced. Kyuhyun scurried over to him and put the phone on the counter then put one of his hands on Leeteuk's forehead and gasped when he felt that his forehead was really hot.

 

"Leeteuk, you're burning up!" said Kyuhyun in alarm.

 

"I'm fine, Kyuhyun... I just need to..." Leeteuk couldn't finish his sentence because he suddenly collapsed, catching Kyuhyun off guard.

 

"Leeteuk!" exclaimed the younger in worry as he dropped down next to the older and put his head in his lap.

 

"Leeteuk, wake up... Leeteuk." said Kyuhyun as he lightly patted Leeteuk's cheek, but the older didn't open his eyes.

 

Kyuhyun bit his bottom lip nervously and quickly pulled his phone out of his pocket then dialed Siwon's number.

 

"Kyu, I told you we're almost -"

 

"Siwon! Leeteuk passed out and he's burning up!" said a scared Kyuhyun into the receiver.

 

"What?! O-Okay, calm down, Kyu. Don't be scared and tell me what happened." said Siwon.

 

"I came into the kitchen to give his phone back and I saw him holding his head. I asked if he was okay and he said yes then suddenly collapsed and he won't wake up." said Kyuhyun in one breath.

 

"Okay, here's what you need to do... Get a small towel and soak it in cold water, okay? Then put it on his forehead so his temperature can go down. Do you understand, Kyu?" said Siwon.

 

"Y-Yes." said Kyuhyun.

 

He then put the phone on the floor and carefully lifted Leeteuk into his arms and carried him to the living room couch. Kyuhyun then went into the bathroom to get a small towel and soaked it with cold water like Siwon told him. He went back into the living room and put the towel on Leeteuk's forehead, then remembered that Siwon was still on the line and ran into the kitchen to get his phone from the floor.

 

"I did what you said, but now he's the same color as the towel." said Kyuhyun, slightly out of breath.

 

"W-What color's the towel?" asked Siwon in an alarmed tone.

 

"White." replied Kyuhyun, then turned his gaze towards the living room when he heard Leeteuk groan.

 

"I-I'll call you back, Siwon, okay?" said Kyuhyun, then hung up without waiting for a responce.

 

He ran into the living room and saw that Leeteuk was sweating profusely and his face was abnormally pale, but his cheeks were a bight red. Kyuhyun also saw that the older was shivering, which he found odd because Leeteuk was covered up with the blanket and he was sweating.

 

Kyuhyun quickly pulled out his phone again and called an ambulance because he knew that Leeteuk wasn't going to be waking up any time soon and the hospital could take better care of him. After hanging up, Kyuhyun sent a text to Siwon explaining that he had called an ambulance and that if he didn't see them at the house, they would be at the local hospital. He then sat beside Leeteuk with a worried look.

 

"Wake up, Leeteuk... I-I don't like seeing you like this." said Kyuhyun as he grabbed one of his hands, which felt really hot.

 

Leeteuk could hear him, but he had a really hard time trying to open his mouth to let the younger know he was going to be okay. So instead, Leeteuk lightly squeezed Kyuhyun's hand, making the younger's eyes widen in surprise.

 

"L-Leeteuk! Can you hear me?" asked Kyuhyun, the older squeezed his hand again.

 

Kyuhyun let out a laugh and continued to hold Leeteuk's hand until the ambulance got there. The paramedics took Leeteuk out in a stretcher and asked Kyuhyun to come along so he could tell the doctors what exactly happened.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

At the hospital, Kyuhyun was pacing back and forth in the waiting room as he waited to receive news about Leeteuk. Just then, he felt a hand on his shoulder and Kyuhyun turned to see Siwon looking at him with a worried expression.

 

"Is he okay?" asked Siwon as Mr. and Mrs. Choi joined them.

 

"I don't know, the doctor hasn't come out yet." said Kyuhyun with a sigh, then looked up at his cousin with a scared look.

 

"I don't want anything bad to happen to Leeteuk, Siwon." said the younger in a shaky voice, Siwon quickly wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun in a comforting hug.

 

"Nothing bad is going to happen, Kyu. Leeteuk's strong and he'll be back to his usual happy self in no time." said Siwon in an assuring tone.

 

Kyuhyun hugged Siwon tightly and buried his face in his shoulder as Mrs. Choi rubbed his back comfortingly and Mr. Choi went to see what he could find out about Leeteuk. A few minutes later, Mr. Choi came back with the doctor and the others looked at them questioningly.

 

"Is Leeteuk going to be okay?" asked Kyuhyun, his heart beating fast.