Japan Diares Pt. 3

Leeteuk's Challenge

 

Yunho was feeling pressured, not only because his alarm didn't go off and he missed his bus, or the fact that his phone decided to die on him while he was trying to call Changmin. Yunho was feeling pressured because this was the first time ever being late for work and things have been going wrong for him since the minute he woke up.

 

Changmin is going to be furious thought Yunho as he ran to the nearest bus station, which was ten minutes away.

 

When he got there, he waited for about fifteen minutes until the bus finally arrived and he got on. The bus ride took another thirty minutes and by the time he finally made it to the office, he was two hours late. Yunho got on the elevator and as soon as it stopped at the right floor, he ran as fast as he could towards Changmin's office.

 

He burst through the door and saw Kyuhyun lying on the couch playing on his PSP, the younger looked up and got a surprised look when he saw a panting Yunho looking around.

 

"Where have you been?" asked Kyuhyun.

 

"Where's Changmin?" asked Yunho out of breath, not answering the younger.

 

"He went to check the local hospitals when he saw that you weren't here." replied Kyuhyun.

 

"Are you serious?!" shouted Yunho with a shocked face.

 

"No, he's actually at a meeting right now." said Kyuhyun with a grin as he sat up.

 

Yunho let out a relieved sigh then glared at the younger as he walked over to the couch and plopped down next to Kyuhyun.

 

"So? Where have you been?" repeated Kyuhyun.

 

"My alarm didn't go off so I overslept and missed my bus. I tried calling, but my phone died and I didn't have extra change to call from a pay phone. Then the bus ride here took forever because of the traffic." replied Yunho as he rubbed his temples wearily.

 

"How long does it usually take you to get here?" asked Kyuhyun with a curious look.

 

"Three hours." replied Yunho.

 

"Three hours?!" repeated Kyuhyun in disbelief, the older nodded.

 

"It takes you three hours to get to and from here and you sometimes stay past midnight... How many hours of sleep do you get?" asked Kyuhyun, looking at Yunho as if he were an alien.

 

"Sometimes I get about two to four hours a day, depending how busy I get. There are times when I only get a half hour." replied Yunho with a sigh and it was barely now when Kyuhyun noticed the exhausted look on Yunho's face.

 

"How does Changmin let you work on such few hours of sleep?" asked Kyuhyun with a frown.

 

"He doesn't know how far I live from here." said Yunho with a weary smile.

 

"How can he not know?" asked Kyuhyun in disbelief.

 

"I never told him." replied Yunho.

 

Kyuhyun was about to say more, but the door flung open and Changmin walked in with a worried look. He spotted Yunho sitting next to Kyuhyun and ran over to him then tackle hugged him, making Yunho let out an "Oof!"

 

"Where have you been, Yunho?! Do you know how freaked out I got when I arrived and didn't see you?!" wailed Changmin.

 

Kyuhyun tried to stifle his laughter, but just let it out when he saw the flustered look on Yunho's face. Changmin pulled away a little and looked at his friend's flushed face.

 

"Oh my gosh, look at you! You're sick and you still came to work!" exclaimed Changmin and he hugged Yunho tightly, making the older blush even more while Kyuhyun died of laughter on the other end of the couch.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

After things settled down and Yunho finally convinced Changmin that he wasn't sick, they got to work on a few pending items of the day. Kyuhyun was taking a nap on the couch while Changmin was typing away at his desk and Yunho concentrated on adding up the sales for the month. They worked in silence until Yunho's phone started ringing, he had put it to charge about an hour ago.

 

Yunho set down the papers on the coffee table and walked over to his phone, which was on Changmin's desk, and answered it.

 

"Hello?... Yes... What?!" Changmin looked up from his laptop with a startled look.

 

"When did this happen? ...Oh, I-I see... Thank you for letting me know... Yes, thank you... Goodbye." Yunho's face had paled a little as he hung up and let his phone drop on the desk.

 

"Are you okay, Yunho?" asked Changmin in concern as he got up.

 

"Yeah... everything's fine." replied Yunho with a distant look in his eyes as he walked back to his work.

 

Changmin followed his friend's movements with his eyes and saw that Yunho's hands were slightly trembling and he was blinking more than usual. Just then, his phone rang again and Yunho quickly got back up to answer it.

 

"H-Hello? ...You did?! ...Thank you so much! You have know idea how much he means to me! Is he okay? ...Uh-huh... Oh, that's good... Thank you once again, can he stay with you until my lunch break? ...Okay... Yes, I know where that is... Thank you! Goodbye." Yunho hung up and held his phone to his forehead as he let out a relieved sigh.

 

"Do you need to...? Can I help you out with something?" asked Changmin.

 

"No, no... I can take care of it." replied Yunho in a distracted tone as he walked back to his work and finished it.

 

Changmin got a skeptical look on his face as he stared at the slightly stressed out look on Yunho's face, but didn't press on the matter as he himself went back to work. About twenty minutes later, Yunho finished the paperwork and stepped out of the office for a bit. Kyuhyun had woken up by now and he sleepily looked at the pile if papers that Yunho was working on and slid them towards himself. He flipped though them and lightly frowned, then looked up at Changmin.

 

"Hey, Changmin?" he called.

 

"Hm?" answered Changmin without looking up.

 

"How long has Yunho been working with you?" asked Kyuhyun, his brother looked up from his laptop and got a thoughtful look on his face.

 

"About... five years or so." said Changmin.

 

"And in that time, has he ever made a mistake in his work?" asked Kyuhyun.

 

"Never." replied Changmin with a proud smile.

 

Kyuhyun nodded and looked back at the papers, he looked around the coffee table and found a pen. He then leaned back on the couch and started correcting a few things. After a few minutes, Kyuhyun corrected the last mistake and put the papers back in a neat pile in the same spot where Yunho had them just as the older walked back into the office. Yunho picked up the papers and handed them to Changmin, who looked up from his laptop and took the pile in his hands.

 

"I'm going on my lunch break now." said Yunho as he grabbed his phone.

 

"Sure." said Changmin with a smile as he flipped through the paperwork.

 

After Yunho left, Kyuhyun got up from the couch and stretched while Changmin looked through the papers.

 

Some of this doesn't look like Yunho's writing thought Changmin with a frown, then remembered what Kyuhyun was asking about Yunho making mistakes and he looked up at his little brother.
 

"He looked a little stressed, so I thought I should help him out." said Kyuhyun, who felt Changmin's eyes on him.

 

He looked at Changmin and grinned, making the older smile and let out a laugh as he shook his head.

 

"I didn't know you were so good with numbers." said Changmin as he put the papers in a folder.

 

"I'm a genius when it comes to math." said Kyuhyun with a smug look.

 

------------------------------------------

 

"How am I going to explain you to Changmin?" Yunho asked his husky puppy as he walked back towards the building.

 

The phone calls Yunho had received were from his landlord, telling him that the apartment building where he lived had burned down and they had managed to save only a few of his belongings along with his puppy. Yunho only cared about Blue, his husky, and was glad that he was safe.

"Okay, Blue, I'm going to bring you in with me into the office. Be a good boy and let me explain a few things to Changmin, got it?" said Yunho as he stepped into the elevator.

 

Blue only blinked up at him with his bright blue eyes while lazily wagging his tail, Yunho let out a nervous breath as he pressed the button to go up. When he reached the floor to Changmin's office, Yunho got out of the elevator and walked down the hall with Blue in his arms, who was looking around curiously while sniffing the unfamiliar surroundings.

 

Yunho opened the door and peeked inside, seeing Kyuhyun sitting on the couch with his headphones on while Changmin was sitting at his desk and talking on the phone. Yunho took a deep breath and walked in, Blue saw Changmin and Kyuhyun and he growled a little before he started barking, catching their attention.

 

"Blue, shh." shushed Yunho while turning his back to the other two, who were now looking at him questioningly.

 

Changmin ended the call and stood up while Kyuhyun took off his headphones.

 

"Um, did you just... bark?" asked Changmin uncertainly as he walked closer to Yunho, but stopped when he heard another series of barking.

 

"Who's that, Yunho?" asked Kyuhyun with an amused look as he too got up and walked over to them.

 

Yunho was about to answer when there was a loud noise which came from somewhere upstairs, the noise startled Blue and the husky jumped out of Yunho's arms then started running all over the office while barking.

 

"Blue! Come back here!" exclaimed Yunho as he chased after his puppy.

 

Blue jumped on Changmin's desk chair then on the desk and knocked down a few things along with some papers and folders. Yunho tried grabbing him, but Blue jumped down from the desk and ran towards the coffee table and jumped on top of that then tipped over a mug which resulted in coffee spilling all over the table and dripping onto the floor. Changmin's mouth went agape as he saw how the puppy was wrecking his office while Kyuhyun looked amused by the puppy's energy and Yunho felt his stress level rising as he finally caught Blue.

 

"I'm really, really sorry, Changmin!" said Yunho with a weary look as Blue struggled to escape again.

 

Changmin didn't know what to say as he looked around his now messy office, Kyuhyun stifled his laughter as he walked over to Yunho.

 

"Come here, little guy." he said to Blue while reaching out his hand, the puppy growled a bit then sniffed at Kyuhyun's hand; the puppy started wagging his tail and moved towards Kyuhyun, who grinned and gathered him into his arms.

 

"I think Blue needs a bath, he got coffee all over his fur and..." Kyuhyun sniffed the puppy then grimaced.

 

"Why does he smell like smoke?" he asked, looking at Yunho questioningly.

 

"Kyuhyun, just go give the pup a bath." said Changmin with an unreadable look, Kyuhyun nodded and walked out of the office.

 

When the door closed, Changmin walked over to Yunho and placed a hand on his shoulder and felt that his friend was slightly shaking.

 

"What's wrong, Yunho? Where did that puppy come from?" asked Changmin with furrowed brows and with an indescribable tone.

 

Is he angry with me? Yunho's eyes started to water at the thought of angering Changmin.

 

Yunho couldn't say anything as he felt a lump forming in his throat, Changmin saw the troubled look in his friend's face and got a worried look.

 

"Yunho..." said Changmin in concern.

 

Yunho suddenly felt tears rolling down his face from all the stress that's been building up all day and the fact that his puppy just ruined the office was the last straw for him. He then felt a pair of arms go around him and he just let it all out, burying his face in the crook of Changmin's neck and wrapping his own arms around his friend's waist.

 

"We all get stressed out, Yunho, but the way to keep yourself from breaking down like this is to ask for help when something's bothering you." said Changmin in a gentle tone as he Yunho's hair.

 

"I'm actually a little offended, you know... You never come to me when you have a problem even though I always come to you." said Changmin with a pout, making Yunho let out a mix of a small laugh and a sob.

 

"I actually have a problem right now." said Yunho in a shaky voice, Changmin got a curious look on his face as he continued to his friend's hair.

 

"What is it?" asked Changmin, Yunho had calmed down a bit and hesitated a little before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

 

"I-I like someone... but I don't know how to tell him." said Yunho.

 

Changmin got a thoughtful look on his face as he thought about it, not seeing that Yunho was slowly raising his head to look at him.

 

"Well, have you tried -?" Changmin's sentence was cut short by Yunho pressing his lips against his, making Changmin's eyes grow wide in shock.