18

Letters To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

 

 

 

Bom’s POV

 

 

“Any other place you can think of that she would go?” Jiyong asked me anxiously.

 

 

We’ve been looking for Dara for 5 hours but still we cant find her. The other Big Bang boys are also helping us look for Dara. We’ve split up and looked at every place that Dara might’ve gone to but still no sign of her.

 

 

I tried to think rationally. ‘Bom calm down and think.’

 

 

I’ve been racking my brain thinking of all the places Dara likes to go. But the problem is I’m new to Seoul. I’ve only been here for a couple of weeks and the only places that I go out with Dara are the hospital and KNU. If it was in Busan then I could easily guess where she would be…’OMG PABO BOM.’

 

 

I hit myself on the head hard.

 

 

“Bom??” Jiyong looked at me.

 

 

“I KNOW WHERE SHE IS. LET’S GO, I’LL DRIVE.” I shouted at Jiyong and started running towards the car. Jiyong followed behind quickly.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

 

Dara stood in front of a house. A house that is full of memories for her. She looked at it sadly.

 

 

“Appa.” She whispered sadly.

 

 

She opened the small gate and slowly went inside. As she walked through the garden, flashbacks suddenly appear in front of her. It’s like she was reliving the moment.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

“APPA APPA.” An eight-year-old Dara came running towards her appa who was waiting for her to return from school.

 

 

“Baby what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Appa shrieked looking at his daughter crying.

 

 

“OMMA, I WANT MY OMMA.” Dara’s cries grew louder and louder.

 

 

“Oh honey. Appa’s here. Why don’t you tell appa what’s wrong?” Appa tried to soothe the crying Dara.

 

 

Dara sniffed and looked at her appa. Tears still streaming down her face. “The –kids at school are m-making fun of me saying that I-I don’t have an omma.” Dara started wailing again. “OMMAAAA I WANT MY OMMA.”

 

 

Park Chung Hee looked lost. He didn’t know what to say to his daughter. His heart breaking.

 

 

“Baby, your omma is here with you.” Chung Hee said softly.

 

 

“WHERE?” Dara looked around.

 

 

“Here.” Chung Hee pointed to Dara’s heart.

 

 

“She’s always with you, always. You may not see her but she’s always there protecting you.” Park Chung Hee told Dara.

 

 

“And you have appa here protecting you too, we’re a team remember. I will never leave you.” Chung Hee hugged his little santokki tightly.

 

 

“Promise appa?” Dara sniffed.

 

 

“Promise.”

 

 

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

Dara went up the front porch and another memory was played inside her head.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

“Goodnight Dara.” Jaejoong came closer and when his lips were inches from her lips her front door flung open revealing a very angry Park Chung Hee.

 

 

“YAHHH YOU HOW DARE YOU TRY TO KISS MY DAUGHTER!” Park Chung Hee shouted. In his hand was a baseball bat.

 

 

“I never gave you approval to date my santokki. YOU BETTER GET LOST RIGHT NOW.” Chung Hee’s face could make anyone guy pee his pants.

 

 

“SORRY SIR.” Jaejoong screamed and ran from Dara’s house.

 

 

“APPAAAAAA.” Dara shouted furiously at her appa.

 

 

“Ohh hi baby, let’s eat. I cooked your favourite dish.” Appa grinned foolishly at his daughter.

 

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

 

Dara slowly walked towards the front door of the house. She took out a key from her pocket and inserted it to the keyhole. She opened the door slowly and another memory came flooding in.

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

“Appa I’m home.” Dara said out loud.

 

 

No response.

 

 

“Appa?” Dara said again.

 

 

Dara went to the kitchen and living room but there were no signs of her appa.

 

 

She ran upstairs and saw that her appa’s bedroom door was closed. She knocked first and opened it. She instantly saw her appa lying on the floor.

 

 

“APPPAAAA.”

 

 

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK.

 

 

 

Dara went inside the house but she couldn’t feel the warmth that it used to give her a couple of months ago. She felt cold. The house couldn’t be called a home anymore. It felt empty.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

 

Dara tiptoed to her appa’s bedroom. She opened it slightly not wanting to disturb her appa but she heard her appa talking. She peeped inside and saw her appa’s back. Appa was looking at his wedding photo.

 

 

“Eun Mi-yah, how can I be sick right now. Please ask the people up there to make me better. Please. How can I leave our Dara alone.”

 

 

“Baby I miss you so much but tell them it’s not time for me to go yet. Dara still needs me with her. Please baby.” Park Chung Hee’s voice sounded so broken.

 

 

Dara quietly closed the door with tears streaming down her face.

 

 

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

Dara leaned at the wall of appa’s bedroom. She looked at her appa and omma’s wedding photo. Slowly she sank down to the floor.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

Dara and her appa just finished watching Iron Man 3, it was near midnight, few more minutes till Dara’s 20th birthday ends.

 

 

“Dara honey.”

 

 

“Yeah appa?” Dara looked at her dad.

 

 

“Thank you for being a wonderful daughter any appa could ask for.” Chung Hee smiled his warm smile that Dara had always loved to see.

 

 

“Thank you too appa, for being the greatest appa and omma for me. I’m so lucky.” Dara kissed her appa’s cheek.

 

 

“If omma was here, she’d be so proud of you.” Chung Hee softly pats Dara’s head.

 

 

“Dara, I need you to promise something.” Park Chung Hee looked at her daughter seriously.

 

 

“What is it appa?” Dara was serious too.

 

 

“Whatever happens to me in the future, I want you to accept it. I don’t want you to hate life. Things happen for a reason and as much as you hate it, it’s life. But I know how strong my santokki is, right? You wont become like that right?” Appa said with tears in his eyes.

 

 

“But you wont go anywhere? You’ll stay with me for a long long time right appa?” Dara refused to look her appa in the eyes.

 

 

“Remember what I told you when you were young? That even though omma isn’t here with you physically, she’ll always be inside your heart. When I’m gone, I’ll still be here with you, just like how your omma is. Dara, I need you to promise me that you’ll try your best to accept things and move forward. Don’t stop and look back. Promise me Dara.” Park Chung Hee used his stern voice that Dara could never disobeyed.

 

 

“Arasso appa, I promise.”

 

 

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

 

“Appa omma, don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.” Dara’s voice came out hoarse.

 

 

 

“I’ll try my best to be fine.”

 

 

 

 

“I’m going to be fine…”

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

A car screeched to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter