1

Letters To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1

 

 

Hi baby,

 

Happy 20th Birthday my dearest Dara. How are you this year? Any boys trying to court you? I’m sure there are a lot of handsome boys or am I just assuming too much? If there aren’t then you’re better off, those boys don’t know what they’re missing if they don’t notice how beautiful and lovely and kind and funny and hard working and…Okay okay, you’re probably thinking ‘omma stop it’ I cant help it, even though I’m not there I know all those things I said are true. Of course its true, you are a mixture of me and your appa. Hehehe.

 

Dara,

 

Don’t ever give up on life, work hard and enjoy all those wonderful things that life has to offer. Remember when life knocks you down, you get back up and punch it in the face…never let anyone try and bully you, I’m sure appa took you to judo and taekwondo classes right? He promised me he would! If he didn’t I am so going to haunt him in his sleep!! Kekeke. How is your handsome appa? I’m sure he misses me a lot; of course he would, who wouldn’t. I’m sure he’s still pissed that I didn’t write any letters for him, well tell him he was with me for 10 years so stop being such a cry baby. But baby, you’re taking good care of your appa right? He needs it. Take care of each other okay.

 

Honey,

 

I’m sorry I’m not there for you baby, but believe me when I say I’m watching over you okay love. I need you to stay strong no matter what and always remember that I love you very very much. I hope this letter helped you in any way that it can. Take care always my darling, I love you.

 

P/S I just kissed your cheek. :D

                                                                                                               Love, Omma.

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

“Omma” Sandara whispers after reading her 20th letter. Tears continuously fall

from her eyes. She felt a gust of wind touch her cheek and somehow she knew it was her mom.

 

 

“Omma, I miss you so much. How are you doing up there? Please tell me they’re treating you okay. I know I promised you not to cry anymore but I can’t help it. I promise this is the last time okay.”

 

 

Dara tried her best to stop the tears, she commanded her eyes to stop but it just wouldn’t. She sighed and told herself,

 

 

“This is the last time I’ll cry, just this once I’ll let everything out.”

 

 

 She comforted herself and continued crying until she fell asleep.

 

 

Dara has been getting letters from her mom since she was a year old, her omma died giving birth to her. Park Eun Mi knew she wasn’t going to survive giving birth so she made preparations, she wrote 21 letters for Dara to open, once a year until she’s 21 years old.

 

 

Park Chung Hee’s love for Eun Mi never died, he raised their daughter with as much love as he could provide. He raised Dara right, Dara had everything she ever wanted. But deep down, he knew she craved for a mother’s love, her mother but she was happy with her appa. Her appa is her bestest friend.

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

 

*RING RING

*RING RING

*RING RING

 

 

“Yoboseyo?”, Dara answered sleepily.

 

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANTOKKI!!!!!!!” Bom yelled through the phone.

 

 

“Bommie ah, it’s 6am in the morning, let me sleep” I said in an annoyed voice.

 

 

“Nuh-uhhh, I want you to get ready, I’m picking you up in a bit! You better be ready or so help me god I will drag you if I have to.” Bom threatened Dara.

 

 

I don’t really want to go, especially after reading omma’s letter but how to tell the bominator? She will really drag me out of bed, hmm I know…hehehehe..

 

 

“Bommie ahh” I said with a low and sad voice. “Appa wants to spend time with me on my birthday today at the hospital, so I cant go out with you” Dara said sadly but she was grinning like a mad person. ‘Now Bom wont bother me teheee.’

 

 

“YAHHH SANTOKKI, YOU DARE LIE TO ME. I ask appa for permission already and he said yes” Bom huffed angrily. “How could you lie to me…?” Bom’s voice s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter