Chapter 4

For A Hundred Days

TaeYang stops the car in front of the Italian Restaurant you used to go when he wasn’t still a celebrity, and when JiEun wasn’t in between you and him.

            You knew he was cheering you up, since he took you to the place where you can eat your favorite food, pasta. Since he felt his kind of serious earlier, and it’s his way of expressing his gratitude because of what you did for him.

            You took a step out of the car, while he wears his disguise again.

            You waited for him outside his car, as you hear your stomach rumbling again. Not noticing he’s already out and done, he approaches you and rests his chin on your shoulder, and wrapped his arms around your waist.

 

            “I see, my best friend is hungry. And I know just what she wants to eat”, he said as his hand move to your wrist, holds it, and drag you going in the restaurant.

           

            You couldn’t say anything, though you are quite surprised by his actions. Looks like he’s drawing back the smile from your face.

           

            The staffs of the restaurant recognized both of you right away. Though you haven’t been there again for a long time now, they are the witness on every time a special moment happens, a special moment for you.

 

            Since TaeYang is wearing a disguise, the staff of the restaurant exposed you a little to the public.

You are sitting down on this restaurant like ordinary people. No one will even notice it’s him because the number of people inside isn’t that much.

 

            The restaurant hasn’t changed. It’s still that elegant and clean, though some of their displays, and yes even some of their tables and chairs looked new.

 

            “It has been a long time, right?”, TaeYang asked, staring at you with that charming eyes.

            “Yes. I know. You’ve been a lot more busy these past few days.”, you said with a small smile from your face

            “I’m sorry I don’t get to spend time with you anymore.”, he said, placing his warm hand over yours.

           

            You quickly feel that he already knows you’re upset and you decided to change that sad mood you’re showing.

           

            “Ya ! Do you think a sorry is enough? I’m really upset of you. You already forgetting your very own best friend.”, you said as you crossed your arms, then looked a way with your eyebrow raised.

 

            “I’m not, why would I?”, he said as he laughs. Knowing you’re just making the conversation alive.

 

            “Oh yes. You did, you’ve already stopped thinking about me…”, you said looking back at him.

            “…especially when JiEun came.”, you continued in a low voice, as your eyes looked down on the table.

           

            You heard him took a deep breath, as his hands moved to your arms, caressing it.

 

            “______________~ah…”, he said in a soft voice, as he took a sigh once again.

 

You looked back at him, and laughed a little loud. Making him think you are just joking. But tears were starting to fill your eyes. Your eyes don’t seem to know how to lie, and how to hide a secret.

 

            “I’m just playing around. You know me, I don’t know how to be jealous.”, you said with a bright smile from your face, as your hands starts to wipe off the tears that almost fell down your eyes.

 

            The moment you said these words, your order comes in. It’s your all-time favorite pasta, spaghetti. You both smiled, in happiness, and in relief a food finally comes in. Both of you grabbed your fork from the side of your plates right away, and started to mix that freshly grated cheese, and that red and meaty sauce to the pasta. You began to twirl some pasta to your fork, until he held you hand again, preventing you to eat.

 

            “____________~ah, let’s play a game.”, he said, holding you still as his other hand held his fork, continues to mix his spaghetti.

            “Ya! Dong YoungBae, I’m really hungry. No game this time.”, you said, whining. You let go from his tight grip, and started to eat.

 

            “Okay, okay. I understand…”, he said as he started to eat as well. It’s quite surprising that he wasn’t even looking at his plate; instead he kept his eyes on you all the time you were eating.

            “…I’m going to miss these kind of moments.”, he continued, as he then stares to his plate, and twirls another pasta in his fork.

 

            You looked at him and as he then look back at you. You can see it in his eyes that he’s serious of what he said. He knew he wouldn’t be able to do this with you again, the moment he’ll exchange vows with JiEun.

 

            You smiled again and looked back to your plate, placing the fork to the side of your plate.

 

            “I’m going to miss this too…”, you whispered, thinking he wouldn’t hear it.

            “What?”, he asked, since he heard you murmured something.

            “Nothing. It’s nothing”, you said , wiping  your lips with your handkerchief.

            “I heard you said something. Don’t tell me its nothing.”, he said, insisting you to tell him  what you’ve said earlier.

            You were about to say something, until your phone rings. You looked inside your bag, and found it in a small hidden pocket.

 

            You looked at the phone’s screen, and saw it was SeungRi who’s calling.

            “SeungRi, what’s the matter? I thought you’re busy.”, you said in a low voice.

            “Aish! You’re bothering me, I’m eating. I’ll just call you later, okay? Bye.”, you said, then putting down your phone, and placing it back to your bag.

           

            “SeungRi called you?”, he said, in a serious tone.

            “Ye…”, you uttered, as he speaks again, not letting you continue what you’ll say.

            “I see you’re getting close to him now.”, he said while looking down to his plate.

            “No, not really. He’s just really fun to be with.” You said, looking at him with curiousity, thinking why he would say such thing.

            “Is he courting you?”, he asked, looking at you seriously.

            “No, no. He isn’t and he’ll not…”, you said in assurance.

            “…and even if he would, I wouldn’t say yes to him….”, you continued, while looking back at him

            “…because this word only waits for someone, and only one. Though it already knew that its chances of being said is nearly gone…”, you uttered, then letting out a sigh, as you look away.