Chapter 2

For A Hundred Days

That feeling of giving up, almost get into you, until SeungRi came. He accidentally knew all about this secret of yours.

            You were out with the members, including Ji Eun. You are having a dinner with them, as you celebrate JiEun and TaeYang’s one year anniversary. They decided to celebrate it in a restaurant that you own.

            Well, you were not even there to celebrate.

            You decided to stay on the restaurant’s bar, leaving them on a private room where they have also decided to stay and eat. You left them there, as you inform them you can’t join them now.

            You said you’d be meeting some clients, and that you have so many papers to sign.

            Since the place where the bar is located is a bit dark. You chose to stay there, thinking no one would notice you.

            But you were wrong.

            You are about to finish that 4th bottle of SoJu you are drinking. Until, someone came, holding your hand. Preventing you from drinking the last glass you filled with that alcohol. You aren’t getting drunk, since you can tolerate alcohol that much.

            “Stop it. You are drunk.”, he said , as he sits beside you, taking  all bottles of SoJu, and the glass you were holding away from you.

           

            You looked at him and saw it was SeungRi. He stares back at you, and touched your forehead. Thinking there might be something wrong with you.

            “I’m not drunk, and I’m not sick.”, you said as you grabbed his hand from your forehead, taking it away. As your other hand reaches for the glass filled with liquor.

 

            You were about to reach the glass he was holding, but he was able to anticipate it. He called the bartender, and asked him to stop bringing you such drinks, and take all this away from you.

 

            “What are you doing here, by the way? And aren’t you supposed to be with them?”, you asked, as you open your bag, and looked for your make-up kit.

 

            “They already left. I was just about to go to the restroom, but then I saw you here. I see you were meeting some clients, eh?”, he said, as he looks around the bar, observing the place.

 

            “I’am. It just finished early, so I decided to stay here and not to mingle with you guys anymore.”, you said, as you finally found your kit, and took it out from your bag.

 

You then stood up from your sit, and placed your bag on the counter.

“I guess I will be the one to go to the powder room first, excuse me then.”, you said, leaving him in the bar all alone.

 

You went back to the bar, and didn’t saw SeungRi there. You asked the bartender, where he is, but he said he doesn’t know. You looked around, and you didn’t saw him, thinking he already left. You then fixed your things and left the place, went straight home, and slept right away. Since you had a long-day, due to some things you prepare for the restaurant you own.

You are slouching on your bed, not minding what time is it already. Though you know it’s already the time for you to get up, your body doesn’t want to move now, and your head aches, the effect of the alcohol on you when you drink.

Your phone that was placed on top of the drawer next to your bed, rings. You really didn’t want to answer it in the first place, since you don’t feel being disturbed by someone today.

After a few seconds, the ringing stopped. Thinking the one who made the call, anticipated you won’t be answering your phonr.

Few minutes later, your phone rings again, but this time you aren’t receiving a call.

You now then grabbed your phone, thinking the message you have received is important. You then sat on the side of your bed, as you then read what’s written on your phone’s screen.

“1 Message from SeungRi”.

 

You looked a little surprised, since he doesn’t send messages that early, and you know he’d be very busy that day, all of them actually.

“Why would he send me text message this early?”, you asked yourself while looking at your phone.

You opened the message, and as you read it carefully you just got speechless for a moment.

“Since you didn’t answer my call, and you haven’t sent me messages or what, I had the idea you still don’t know about it. I’m telling you, I have something very important to you. Something, I knew you wouldn’t want anyone to see including hyung ( you know who he is ^_____^) If you want to get it, come see me in the coffee shop just right in front of your restaurant. I’ll be there by 8. Just go there early I have some things to do as well. If you will arrive there late, I’ll show this to Hyung, araso? ^___^ — The Maknae, SeungRi”

 

You rushed out of your room and looked for the bag you used last night. You only had one thing in mind that is so important, that loosing it such a big deal to you. Even others who would be seeing it, is not a good idea for you, especially if it’s TaeYang.

 

“Oh no! How did he find it? I’ll be dead. I’ll be so dead”, you said as you whimper in fear, knowing someone have seen it.

 

Your bag is placed on the sofa, half-opened. You turned it upside down; as you scatter everything in it. You are looking for your wallet, since you knew it is only placed in there.

You found your wallet on the floor near the sofa where your bag is placed. As you open it, you saw right away that it’s not there.

You moved so fast since you are so nervous of what will happen.

“What if he shows it to him? What if he sees it all, if Ji Eun would see it as well?  Oh no! I’ll have to bring this embarrassing moment all my life.”, you said to yourself, as you fix your things back to your bag.

 You took a bath and change your clothes right away. You look at the time and it’s already 10 minutes before 8.

“I had to be there early.”, you said as you were sitting on the sofa putting your shoes on.

 

You arrived in the coffee shop, at exactly 8. You entered the place, and smelled that hot coffee they are making, and the freshly baked pastries they serve. You hear your stomach rumble, since you haven’t had your breakfast yet.

You spotted SeungRi right away, as he was the one sitting all alone in the corner wearing a black jacket. He hides his face with his jacket’s hood, thinking someone might see him.

You went there right away, and sat in a chair placed in front of him.

“You’re late.”, he whispered. Well, though it’s in a low voice it sounded that he is teasing you.

 

“I’m not; I’m just in time actually. Ya! Give it to me already.”, you said, with your eye brow raised.

 

“So this is really important, eh?”, he asked making you pissed even more.

 

“Ya! Lee SeungHyun. I know you already know it, but please keep it in you. I’m begging you, I don’t want him and Ji Eun to have a hard time because of me.”, you answered as you then cross your arms, and look down on the floor.

“Order something first, then I’ll give it to you.”, he said as he then calls one of the café’s staff, and ask him to come over.

 

Both of you ordered a cappuccino and a newly-made cheese cake. The order arrived fast, since they knew it was SeungRi who was with you, and such service is needed.

 

“Here you go.”, he said as he hands over a small cream envelope, something that can fit inside your wallet.

 

A small cream envelope. It’s small but full of big things.  It’s the most important thing you have. It’s full of captured memories, you treasure the most. Captured memories that almost made your heart jump off your lungs. Captured memories with your best friend, ever since when you were young, and up to now.

You grabbed it right away, and opened it, checking if something was missing, or something has changed to the photos you’ve been keeping.

“Don’t worry, nothing is damaged or missing. I just looked at it last night, and don’t be mad at me, I looked at it when everyone in the dorm is asleep. And I didn’t get it from you honestly, it just fell out of your bag the time you went to the powder room. Thinking you wouldn’t mind, I got it. I was about to put it back in your bag, when my phone rang. The dragon asked me to go home since we’ll have activities today. So,I just decided to take it home with me, not knowing you wouldn’t look for it right away. The moment I opened it, and knew what it was I realized it’s very important, that I decided to give this to you in person. ”, he said as he took a sip of his drink

 

“Okay. Thank you, then” you said, as you placed it back to your wallet.

 

“I see, hyung is very important to you… More than a best friend, right?”, he asked as he stare into your eyes, like he wasn’t surprised by this kind of scenario.

 

You sighed. Its part of the reality you’ve been facing since you two were in high school. You knew back then that something’s different when you are around him, every time he would sit beside you in the cafeteria, every time you would go home together.

And now, part of that reality is that he’s getting married soon.

 

“I understand. I know you’ve been friends for a long time, and it’s very easy to fall in love with him. He’s a nice guy.”, he said, as he smiled at you.

 

“Yes, he really is.”, you said while getting that small fork, and started to slice a portion of the cheese cake you were supposed to eat. But, as SeungRi opened this conversation, you didn’t feel like eating. You started to play with the slice you took on the plate, slicing it into tiny pieces.

 

Don’t worry, everything is kept safe and soundly. And I promise, I promise to help you in anything, and anyway I can”, he said, as he place his hand over yours and gave you a sincere smile for the first time.

 

You smiled back, and kept what he just said in your mind. You knew you could count on him from that time

 

“You should eat now; I know you haven’t eaten your breakfast. It’s my treat, okay”, he said as he moves your plate near to you. As he also started to eat what was serve in front of him.

 

            Just after you two finished eating, he already left since they have activities for the day, and he’s already late. You two bid farewell, and head off for another day that will come your way.

That time, you felt half-relieved. Because all this time, no one knew your feelings for him. You are so scared, that if someone will know, TaeYang will know it as well.

But SeungRi was different, he helped you keep the faith you have been holding on ever since. The faith that, someday, he will love you back the way you did, and the way you will forever.