Chapter 1

For A Hundred Days

YoungBae,

 

            It has been like my entire life that I’m here with you. We started as neighbors, then as classmates, seatmates, friends, dancing partners, college schoolmates. And up to now, we still treasure that thing we are keeping for a long time, our friendship.

 

            Time flies fast.  After a few months, I’d be on my own since you’ll be exchanging vows with this very special girl. I’m glad you’ll be having this most awaited moment of your life with my college friend, Ji Eun.  I’m so happy for you! I know how long you’ve waited for this time to come. Since, for almost 5 years you’ve done everything just to get that one very special “Yes”. Writing my happiness for the both of you seemed not enough to express it all.

 

            There is just something I want you to know…

 

            Do you remember the time you asked me out in my 18th birthday just so I wouldn’t get jealous with our friends who celebrated their 18th birthdays with a date? Do you remember that incident, when it was like 2 in the morning and it was raining so hard? I called you over, just so I have someone with me since I was so scared of the rumbling sound of the thunder, and the lightning’s scary flash. I was even crying on the phone that time, right? You went into my house, soaked in the rain. You told me the moment you have received my call, you ran out of your house without even remembering to get an umbrella. Do you remember?

 

            I have always remembered those special moments with you, Bae.

I…

 

 

You crumple this paper over your desk, and then throw it in the trash bin.

You’ve been sitting here on your study area, thinking what to say, and how are you going to say it all. Crumpled papers fill your area, making it a messy place.

            “Why is it so hard?”, you murmur, as you then scratch your head.

You reached for the cabinet again, searching for a new and clean paper.

SeungRi, who was sitting on the sofa, reading a book, was distracted. He drops his books that was covering his face, and stared at you for a minute. He saw a lot crumpled of papers scattered on your area. He looks down, and saw one near his feet. He gets it, and opened it.

            “ My heart feels like bursting out if I would not tell this to you…”, he said as he reads out loud one of the letters you made.

 

            “Ya! Stop reading it!”, you said as you look back at him.

            “Why? It sounds good!”, he said placing his hands on your shoulders.

“It’s not. Aish! SeungRi, why do I have to do this? It’s very hard.”, you said facing that blank paper on your desk.

“Now, now you girls know how it feels when we don’t know how to declare our feelings on you…” , he said while tapping your shoulders.

“Come. I’ll show you how to begin..”, he said as he grabs a chair placing it next to you.

 

            He then sat beside you, as he grabs another clean paper and a pen. He starts to write such sweet lines on the paper which made you surprised. He’s looks a little childish to be that sweet.

            “SeungRi, how do you know all this?”, you asked

            “Of course, I need to know this. I need to know such lines to get someone’s attention, right?”, he said, as he pinches your nose.

            You both laugh, and you felt at ease for a moment.

            You’ve just known SeungRi because of TaeYang. Well, you actually know everyone in the group. He introduced you to each one of them, and they have treated you nicely. You are so close to each of them, but you can say you are more attached with SeungRi since he knew your little secret.

            A man opens the door, making you two quiet. You looked at who it was, and it was TaeYang peeking at both of you. SeungRi also saw him right away, as he crumples the paper and throws it in the bin. You are so surprised to see him, because you knew he was out with his fiancé.

            “_________________~ah. Are you busy?”, he asked as he looks around your area, surrounded with crumpled papers.

            “No, I’m not. Why ?”, you asked fixing your things.

 

            SeungRi touches your hands, which were positioned over the desk, saying something. You looked at it, and you saw his fingers pointing at your watch.

Exactly 12:15. Lunchtime

He then grabs a piece of sticky-note, attached on a corkboard. You saw him writing something, and attached the piece of sticky-note on your palm.

“Maybe he’ll ask you out for lunch. Kkkk~ ^_____^”

 

You were quite surprised, as you read what’s written on the note. This even didn’t get into your mind. Since, why would he ask you out for lunch? Though he does before, but it’s impossible now, now that he’s busy, now that he has someone to be with anytime.

“________________~ah. Can you come with me?”, he asked as he moved his head slowly, thinking he would be able to see what’s written on the note.

 

 

You crumpled the paper, and threw it to SeungRi. As you looked back at TaeYang, feeling so tensed. SeungRi catches the paper, and holds it in his hands.

 

“Yes,Yes. I will”, you said, as you stood up from where you were sitting, getting your coat placed on the back of the chair.

 

“Our appointment in the flower shop is today. Ji Eun can’t come with me, she said she is not feeling well.”, he said as he leaned against the door.

 

 

“Okay, okay.”, you said as you put on your coat, then fix your hair.

 

“Can I come with you?”, SeungRi then gets into the conversation.

 

TaeYang didn’t say a word, as he looked at you, like telling you you’d be the one to decide. You looked at  SeungRi, and saw him making that “puppy-eyes”.

You smiled back at SeungRi. He already knows what that means, as he jumped out of his seat and stood next to you, wrapping his arms around you.

You looked back at TaeYang, as he smiled at you, holding your hand.

“Let’s go then.”, TaeYang said going out of the room

SeungRi then held your other hand, as he moved his face near you. You feel his breathe touching the side of your neck and your right ear..

“You can still say no, if it feels like hurting.. Tell me if you feel like crying. But still, if you can handle this, I’ll help you out”, he whispered into your ears.

 

“I’ll be alright, I promise.”, you said tapping his head.

 

“____________~ah! SeungRi ! Aren’t you two going or what?”, TaeYang exclaimed as he was already downstairs, waiting for the both of you.

 

“We’re coming. Don’t worry.”, Seungri responded, dragging you out of the room now.

 

            You didn’t expect that pretending is such a hard game. For the past 2 years, they have been together; you feel the pain every time you see him with her. And now that they are getting married, the pain gets worse. You really didn’t want to go with TaeYang today, but you can’t say no since he’s your best friend and the person he relies on the most.  The person he trusts so much.