Chapter 14

For A Hundred Days

 

 

“I love you… And I always will….” you said, crying.

He quietly listened to everything you said to him as he continued
to rest his head at the side of your bed, pretending to still be asleep.

In the past, you have never said this kind of words to anyone, not even to him.


Shocked and teary-eyed, he wanted to get up to talk to you, to ask you questions that filled his mind. He wanted to, he really wanted to. But he couldn’t summon the strength to do so. 

He felt you move slowly, as you laid yourself back onto your bed. Listening to the sound of your sobs slowly fade.

A flashback of your moments together, played over and over in his head. The days where you went to school together, had lunch together, did homework and projects at his/your house; performing during festivals at your place. The small talks and the walks in the park and by the bay. The time you went on a so-called “date” with him, because you were the only girl in your class that hadn’t been on one. The time he asked you to be his date for Prom. The times where he would sing you a song, every time you felt scared. The times he would hold your hand to make you feel safe.

All along, he thought was the only one who had kept it all in a special memory box.

Now, he realizes, why you would always look away every time you see him talking to someone, especially when you both knew that the girl liked him. He realizes why you would suddenly be silent every time your friends asked if you had feelings for him. He realizes why you would always hug him every time he is feeling low, and how you’d always tell him how special he is. He realizes why you’d smile a different smile every time you are with him. He realizes why you went away after knowing he’ll soon be married.

It hits him now, making him fully aware of his feelings for you. He realised that all along, it was you he loved. 

After a while, he got up and saw you fast asleep. He looked at you and it was like he could feel the pain you’ve been through, all the years that you’ve been keeping your feelings from him.

He then stood up, and moved closer to you, tucked your hair behind your ears, and whispered,

“I’ll be back for you, I promise…”, he said, and kissed your forehead.

He went out of the hospital right away, searching for a nearby flower shop and saw one at the other side of the street. Without any hesitations he ran towards it, only to see a sign indicating that shop is still closed. He looked around and at that moment saw a man on a bike, his basket full of red tulips.

“Sir.” he said, as he stopped the man.

“Yes? …” the man answered, looking at him in confusion.
“…Oh! Wait a second. I know you, you are TaeYang from Big Bang, right?” the man continued in surprise.

 

“Yes, yes sir. I am.” he said, smiling.

“What are you doing here out on the streets, and what can I do for you?”, the man asked.

“I was looking for a nearby flower shop and found one, unfortunately it is still closed. I have to buy flowers for someone.” he said, as he looked at the red tulips in the basket.

“You can have one of these, if you like. I’m delivering these to the flower shop on the next street. Do take one, the lady won’t.” the man said.

“These are red tulips, right?”, TaeYang asked, as he picked one from the basket.

“Yes, its quite surprising that you know what kind of flower this is.” the man said.

“A very special girl taught me this… Thank you sir! I’ll be glad to see you again soon.” he said, as he ran back to the hospital in a hurry.

The man waved goodbye, as he also started to leave

TaeYang entered your room, placing the tulip on the side of your bed. He picked up a pink ribbon he saw lying on the floor, and tied it onto the flower.

A smile on his face started to grow. He knew you’d be surprise to see it. He knows how small things make you so happy.

He walked towards the windows and tied the curtains aside. He wanted you to see the daylight, another day coming. He knows how much you love the sunlight, and how it cheers you up every morning.

He looked at his watch and to his surprise, it was already 6 in the morning.

He looked at you for the last time, bidding farewell as he slowly closed the door of your room, not making any sound.

He arrived at their dorm at exactly 6:30. He stood infront of the door checking his phone. He saw a lot of missed calls from JiYong and T.O.P, and yes even from JiEun. No one knew where he went last night, and for sure everyone is worried.

He knocked on the door three times, as he heard footsteps on the inside. It seemed like everyone was awake, preparing for another busy day.
Footsteps moving closer can be heard, as the door slowly opens.

“Ya! Where have you been, ah?” JiYong asked, his tone  sounding displeased

“I… I went to the hospital, to… to visit __________.” TaeYang said, a bit nervous knowing he had done something wrong. He then sat at the sofa, looking at everyone.

“Why didn’t you tell us? We’ve been sending you messages all night, even calling you.” T.O.P said from the dining table, sipping his coffee.

“Well, you should’ve told us right away. I mean, ___________ is also our friend, and more importantly you. What if something had happened to you?” JiYong said.

“I’m sorry, it won’t happen again.”, TaeYang answered, anxiously. He knew what he had done could almost ruin his career.

“By the way, how is _____________? Is she alright now?” DaeSung asked, yawning, as he suddenly walked in. He has just woken up, seeing as he was rubbing his eyes.

“She’s fine. She’ll be out today, maybe later this afternoon.” TaeYang said in a lighter tone.

“Good then. Let’s visit her in her restaurant, maybe next Tuesday….” JiYong said, tapping TaeYang’s shoulders.

“…well, go take a shower now. You’re going for your wedding fitting today.” T.O.P reminded him, throwing him his towel.


“Wait…”TaeYang said, their attention.
“…what if, what if I told you guys, that I can’t do this anymore?” he continued, looking at them.


Everyone was surprised. They stared at him, not saying anything. SeungRi, who was in the bathroom, brushing his teeth, even heard what he said and rush his way into the living room. He saw everyone’s reaction, which made him more curious of what was happening.

“Wait, did I heard it correctly?” SeungRi asked, tapping DaeSung’s shoulders. DaeSung nodded in surprise, his eyes still focused on TaeYang.

“What do you mean by this?” JiYong asked, as he sat beside him.

“I… I… Do you know this feeling, where you have loved someone for a long time now, but you never had the courage to tell her how much you love her, as she is so close to you; and you didn’t want to break your friendship. But, now you suddenly find out that this same person also feels the same way, but the situation is now hard because you’ll be marrying someone else?” TaeYang asked in confusion.

“Wait, wait. Can you just tell us what is going on?” T.O.P asked with curiosity.

“ I love ________________….
I’ve loved her ever since we met… I realize that now.” TaeYang said, looking at them with assurance.