Chapter 18

For A Hundred Days

 

*Try reading the chapter while listening to Brian McKnight’s- Back at One. That’s the song I used in one part of this chapter. Thank you. :)

18 days before the wedding

                        You have just finished packing the cake you made for JiEun. It’s a vanilla cake, covered with a dark-chocolate icing, your specialty. You decided to put it in a white box, and tied with a silky red ribbon

                        Ji Eun invited you on her bridal shower, to be held on a club near your place. You didn’t want to go, and the ambience of clubs doesn’t seem inviting, that you really chose not to go those kind of places, except for bars if you want to drink sometimes. You still feel embarrassed after what happened the last time at the bridal shop. You feel, JiEun is already aware of what you’ve been feeling , because of what you told her, and the picture you accidentally left. You managed to contact Seulgi, and with assurance, she said she gave the picture to her, to JiEun.

            You are scared of seeing her, knowing that you have been breaking her heart. Knowing that you should have stopped loving the man he truly loves ever since. Knowing that this feeling of yours can ruin someone’s own fairytale. You feel embarrassed, ashamed.

            But something keeps on telling you to fight for what your heart is beating. No matter how many times you have said to yourself that you will forget him. Its just so hard. So you just decided to go, but never ever forget everything.

            You got dressed as simple as you could, trying not to look that you are going to a club. You having been saying  to your self that you are just going to give the cake, and go.

            But destiny plays the most foolish games, that even us can’t intervene.

You went out of the house, and took a cab that happened to pass by your house. After a few turns and stops, you are then at the place she said where the party will be held. It was one of the exclusive and most expensive clubs in the city.

You didn’t notice a guy standing near the club’s entrance then moves and opens the car door for you.

            “Are you here for the bridal shower, Maam?”, he asks , as you went down the cab.

           

            You nodded as he opens the main door and leads you inside this uninviting place.

           As soon as you step inside, the loud music welcomed you. You walked a few steps on a dark narrow hallway, then leading you to every club’s main attraction, the dance floor. The loud music you heard a while ago, then gets louder. A lot of people filled up the dance floor, all dancing and swaying through the beat of the music. Some of them were chatting, while drinking near the bar that was placed at the right side of the club. Tables, and even some private rooms were located at the left side. Feeling a bit amazed, you looked around as the lights flicker and turned into different colors.

 The guy then guides you, leading you at the far right, where the stairs were placed.

            “The bridal shower is in a private room upstairs. Please go straight up, then turn left when you see the rest room. It’s the last room to your left.”, he said, smiling.

            “Thank you.”, you said in reply, with a bit of anxiousness.

            You went up, and saw the restroom right away. You turned left, and entered another hallway. To your surprised it wasn’t that hard to find the room.

           

As you make your way towards the room, your steps grew deeper and deeper. Your heart pounded fast, that its beating is even louder than the loud bass the music has. You decided to think of what you’ll say, how you are going to say that you aren’t staying.

            You look down, and to your surprise the door then opened.

            “___________…”, a familiar voice said.

           

            You look up and saw TaeYang, standing in front of you, staring at you.

            “How are you?…I…I haven’t heard anything from you eversince.”, he said as he then closes the door, and walked slowly towards you. He was so worried, and you can tell from his eyes, that he misses you. He misses you so much.

            You continue to look at him, not saying anything. You ran out of words, you don’t know what to say. For a while, it felt like you don’t know him for that long. That feeling, when you see someone you idolize that you don’t know what to do, what to say. You want him in your arms, and tell him how much you miss him. At the same time you want to avoid him, and pretend you don’t see anyone or anything at all.

            “I…I just want to give this…”, you said, showing him the box of cake you will give to JiEun.

            “Honey, you left your…”, JiEun said, as she had just opened the door, holding a white handkerchief. She looks at TaeYang, then looks at you. You can feel something was different the way she was looking at you, like something was wrong. You saw her serious face turned into a happy one, as she went near TaeYang and held his hand.

            “______________. I knew you would come. Let’s go inside.”, she said, smiling, as she leans her head, into TaeYang’s shoulder.

            “I’m not really staying, I just want to give this.”, you said as you hand-over the box of cake to her.

            “Why aren’t you staying? The party is for us girls only. No one would bother, of course.”, she said, as she gets the box, then looks at you

            “I really won’t be staying, I got so many things to do, I’m sorry.”, you said,

            “Ya! ________________~!”, a voice from behind then all caught your attention.

You look back and saw SeungRi approaching. He was smiling, waving his hands like a child. He then stands in front of you as he held your shoulders.

            “Ya! _______________~ How are you? You haven’t sending messages to me for a long time, eh?”, he said, frowning.

            “Wha…What are you doing here?”, you asked with confusion. You were surprised to see both of them in one place. These two never went out just the two of them.

            “Actually the whole gang is here! We wanted to celebrate too. I saw you a while a go downstairs. TOP hyung even told me it wasn’t you, but I’m sure of what I saw so I decided to follow you.”, he said, looking at you with excitement. It seemed like TaeYang wasn’t the only one who misses you.

            “I see, then. Enjoy your stay here. I’m going now. I’m really sorry, JiEun.”, you said, as you slowly turn around and walk away.

           

“Wait a minute, Miss _______________.”, SeungRi shouted as he made his way in front of you, as he spreads his arms and stops you from going.

           

“Sorry Seungri, I really have to go now.”, you said, as you tried to find a way to get rid of him.

“SeungRi! I guess you should convince _______________ to stay.”, JiEun said, with a laughter. She knew you had never been on those kind of places, I mean everyone of them knew about it. Since you really don’t want to, and TaeYang never allowed you to.

Upon saying this, SeungRi then held your hand and drag you down to a VIP table near the bar. There you saw DaeSung, G-Dragon and T.O.P drinking and sharing stories. He moves one chair and sits you there. SeungRi left you, and went looking for the DJ who was playing the music.

“Oh!______________, its really you!”, DaeSung said as he transferred to a chair beside you.

“Its me of course. How are you, guys? Really sorry but I’m not going to stay that long. I really have to go.”. you said, you really want to spend time with them since it’s the only time you have seen each other again.

“No. You should stay, even for a little while. Please…”, DaeSung said, pleading now looking at you with his signature smile that never failed to convince you.

You look at the other two, and they were all nodding, convincing you to stay even for a little while.

“Okay then, but just for a while, okay?”, you said as you placed your bag on the table. You tried taking off your coat but it was a bit difficult since you were sitting.

“Oh! I’ll help you then.”, DaeSung said, as he helped you, then hangs it the back of your chair.

“Wow!______________. Even if that dress looked simple, and you’re hiding it underneath a coat, you still look pretty.”, T.O.P said before he takes a sip of his drink

“I do agree. But before anything else, let me excuse myself. I’m just going to get a drink to the beautiful lady.”, G-Dragon said as he smiled teasingly. You know something was up with these guys.

“Hey GD, no alcohol please. Not now…”, you said, looking at him, as he stands up from his seat. He then nods in response.

You were then busy sharing stories with the guys, as SeungRi then approaches, interrupting your conversation.

“Hey _____________. Let’s dance!”, SeungRi said, panting yet smiling. Few drops pf sweat was falling from his forehead.

“What happened to you? Are you alright?”, you said as you hand him over a tissue.

“I went to find the DJ…But anyway, come on let’s dance.”, he said, as he held your hand. Dragging you to stand up and follow him.

“I don’t want to. I’m really sorry…”, you said, refusing, trying to let go from his tight grip.

“Come on __________________, just a little okay? I know you dance.”, he said. You hear the other boys saying you should, and you thought it would be nice to have fun sometimes. And its been a while since you last danced.

You then followed him, as he made his way at the center of the dance floor. He raises his hand, making a signal to the DJ to turn the music louder. He started to sway through the beat, holding your hand guiding you on how to begin. He smiles, like an angel, you saw on his eyes how he was happy to see you.

The music then starts to penetrate you. You slowly move to the rhythm of the song, as the loud bass felt like your heart, beating so fast, so loud. After a few minutes, you saw yourself catching every rhythm of the song,  laughing and having fun with SeungRi

He never fails to make you smile, to make you laugh, and to make you forget of everything that makes you feel heavy inside.

Few songs played, the song changed. The music slowly fade, and the lights got dimmer. You hear a familiar intro of a love song you know you have heard before.

Some people went back to their seats, some still continued to stay on the dance floor. Holding so close to one another, swaying to the tune of the piano. You looked at SeungRi who didn’t know what to do, yet he smiled, assuring you that everything will be alright. He held your hand, as he was planning to take you back to your seat, until…

“___________…”, a man’s voice said.

You looked at your side and saw TaeYang standing beside you, looking at you with serious eyes. Something in him looked so different at that time. And the scenario, the scenario seemed so familiar and you felt like it happened before.

“May I have this dance?”, he said, as he raised his hands a little bit, slowly opening them, waiting for yours to fall back to them. Back to where they should belong.

 

You were hesitant, not wanting it to happen.

But it will happen.

You look back at SeungRi, who slowly let go of your hand, and smiled at you. He then walks away, leaving you and TaeYang on the dancefloor. You look at TaeYang who then moves in front of you, then holds your hand, and takes a deep breath.

The song then began…

“Remember this song, ______________?”, he asked, looking at you. Deep. Full of emotion

You didn’t want to answer first, but its hard to admit. You remember this song, the same scenario. He placed you on the same spot he did years ago.

“Yes. I do. The song, how you asked me to dance you, the way you are holding me now. Yes, I do remember all of them.”, you said, in a low voice, not looking at him.

“Do you remember the time when I went out with you to the amusement park, and you tripped over in excitement. I insisted that you still come, and all throughout the time we were there, I carried you here on my back?…”, he says, smiling, reminiscing.

“…Do you remember the times you would hold my hand if you feel scared or anxious. But most of the time, when I will ask you why are you doing that, you would just smile and said nothing…”

Surprised.Yes, he remembers it. He knows it. It happened years ago, but yes, he remembers it. He remembers it like you do. Every single detail wasn’t missed.

“…Do you remember the time you said I’ve always been a part of every goal and dream you want to achieve, that you wanted to stay close to me no matter what…”, he continued, now moving closer to you.

His words struck you, that you look at him, confused, nervous, scared of what will happen next.

“…Those are some that struck me, and I’ll always be reminded of…but there’s something I wanted you to know.”, he said, in a low voice. Looking at you, eye to eye like those precious gaze of yours were only for him alone.

You heard him take a deep breath, and said words you wouldn’t expect that would come out of his mouth.

“I’ve always, and will always remember every single moments I’m with you…”, he said, pure and true.

Stunned. You freeze for a moment, looking at his eyes. As his words slowly eat you, as you slowly thought how and why this words were said. You are leaving, you are leaving everything behind. But what’s happening this time?

Not knowing what else to do or say, your eyes looked down, trying to hide your confused emotion, you are slowly trying to let go from his hands.

“I don’t understand…I’m sorry…I have to go.”, you said, as you tried to walk away.

But his hands were as strong as his feelings for you.

He pulls you back to his arms. His other hand then wraps itself around your waist, his face leans closer. Pouring every emotion he is feeling, as your lips locked together for the first time.

Everything around you then felt like nothing as his soft lips touch yours. The slow music earlier then stopped playing in your ears, everything seemed dark, that there was nothing you see, except him. Except this man who had captured you ever since. Who opened your eyes on what love is. Who made you feel how great love can be, and how painful it can get to anyone.

Everyone was surprised of what happened. The 4 guys, GD, DaeSung, T.O.P and SeungRi was so shockedthat what happened made them stand up from where they are sitting. Everyone was looking at you, as others started to whisper things, then look back at both you.

It shouldn’t be happening, It shouldn’t be. This is not good…

You pull away from him, as your eyes began to be teary. Surprised, frustrated. What you felt was both right and wrong, you were so afraid that what happened this night might end everything. You don’t want to hurt JiEun, but you know to yourself you love TaeYang.

But it was all wrong.

TaeYang saw your eyes as tears began to fill them. He knew what he did was wrong, but something just pushed him to do what he had to do ever since. To let you feel what he has been feeling even before. But he knew he crossed line, he shouldn’t have done that.

“I’m sorry _________…”, he said, as he looks down in frustration. All he ever wanted was to make you feel how much he loves you, how much he loves you more than JiEun.

You shook your head as you began to cry and ran away not looking back.

Your eyes began to blur, but you continued to run fast as you could. A while ago, you saw SeungRi trying to stop you, but he was unsuccessful.

Your mind kept on telling you to run, and to never look back.

You then reached the end of a side walk, stopping near the pedestrian lane. You continued to cry, catching your breath at every single moment. You touched your lips, as you close your eyes; you never expected things like this will happen.

No one has ever kissed you. You said to yourself, that the only guy who would kiss you, is the guy you’re meant to be with forever.

But he can never be, he can never be that man.

Since he is going to be married with the woman you just passed by while you ran out of the club. You left her stunned, teary-eyed, broken.

JiEun saw everything that happened…