Chapter 12

For A Hundred Days

The rain continues to fall, that even the sky knew that all of this will happen that it started to cry out from the start, non stop.

 

 

            You were looking down, and continue to feel the pain that stabbed you a million times in every second that pass. Your heart looked like its not beating anymore, not for anything or anyone at all. Blood stops to flow down your veins. Your vision starts to blur and your knees starts to shake. Slowly, everything in you felt like that in any time now, you’ll be numb, you’ll break down.

                                                          

            Tears never stopped from falling down, as the rain drenches you more. It carefully takes the tears away from your face, washing away the pain that every single drop of your tear has brought straight from your heart. But it wasn’t that easy, and the pain you feel is just so difficult to erase, to wipe away.

 

            Your feet are glued to the ground, as you froze in your position. You tried to move, but every part of you finds it difficult to do so.

 

            You move your head up slowly, and notice your visions that starts to blur earlier became worse. Everything seemed to be moving unsteadily, as a bright white light slowly eats everything you see. Your head gets heavy, and starts to ache. You feel weaker and weaker on every second that past.

 

            You hear someone coming from behind, as its footsteps make a splashing sound every time he would step on a paddle.

 

            Hands held your arms, as it turned you back. You move your head up a little bit, but it’s all white you see.

 

            “____________… Are you okay?…”, a man’s voice asked, anxious.

 

            You wanted to answer but no words came out of your mouth. You gasp for air and slowly…

 

 

 … That white light in your vision turned black in a flash.

 

 

 

            You have been in the hospital for almost 2 hours, unconscious.

 

            You slowly open your eyes, and a colored light blue ceiling is what you see. You smell a freshly sliced orange, coming from your side.

           

 

            “Where am I?…”, you asked yourself, confused.

 

 

            You look down and that’s the only time you knew you’re on the hospital because of that white cloth that covers half of your body. You slowly raise your hands from your side. You looked at your palm, and saw it was pale. As a small tube connected to the dextrose hanging on the side of your bed was on your wrist. 

           

            “…Why am I here?”, you continued. Since you weren’t of what happened, and the only thing you remember is that you were out there at The Red Garden, crying, all soaked in the rain. And yes, TaeYang went straight into your mind right away.

 

           

 

            You move your head carefully to your right, and saw DaeSung sitting on a sofa leaning against the wall. He was so busy with his phone, that he didn’t notice that you were already awake.  Your eyes moved a little further, and looked at the window. A great view of the city is seen, but the dark clouds make the place dull to look at.

 

            Right after you took a sigh, you hear SeungRi’s loud voice.

 

            “Over fatigue?!”, he asked in a loud voice.

 

            You looked at your left, and saw SeungRi standing near the door facing a doctor. The expression in his face that he was shocked and anxious. Since how can you be that exhausted?

 

           “Doctor, are you sure it’s the reason why…”, he uttered, as he turn to you. He sees you’re awake right away, and then walked toward you. The doctor gave DaeSung a signal that he’d be leaving.

 

            “________________, how are you? Are you feeling okay now?”, he asked, as he sat on an empty chair, placed at the side of your bed. He held your hand, as his eyes convey how worried he was.

 

            “I’m feeling a little better, but I actually didn’t know what happened, honestly.”, you said, as you move a little, resting your back at your pillow, as your head now leans on the wall.

 

            DaeSung went into you right away, as he holds another pillow he leaned on to a while ago. He moves you slightly, placing the pillow at the back of your head, like asking you not to lean against the wall.

 

            “You suddenly lost your consciousness earlier…”, DaeSung said, as he fixes the pillow he placed at back of your head.

            “…Yes, you did. We were so nervous until earlier when you weren’t still awake…”,  SeungRi continued. As he moved a little closer to you.

            “…the doctor said that it’s because of too much exhaustion.”, he continued, your hair.

            “____________~ah, what have you been doing for these past few days that you worked too much?”, DaeSung asked, worried. He was now sitting at the side of your bed, facing you.

 

            Yes, you tried to divert all your attention to the restaurant, just so you won’t think of TaeYang anymore. You would stay at your restaurant for a long time, and preventing yourself in going out. You would go home late, and go back to the restaurant so early.

 

            You thought it’s another way of forgetting him.

 

            “I need to focus more on my restaurant now, I’m going to open another branch soon, and there are some facilities I need to improve. Customers are growing in number everyday, I need to make sure they’ll be getting some…”, you said, looking down, but SeungRi stopped in you continuing what you wanted to say.

 

            “We know, we all know that. But, _____________ , don’t be too much focused on it. You’re already forgetting yourself.”, SeungRi said. He still sound that he was so worried, and his hands tighten his grip to yours.

 

            “And you don’t have to focus that much, we know you can do it well. We believe in you. Its not that we’re not allowing you to do the work, but just make sure you have a time for yourself as well.”, DaeSung said.

 

            “Yes, I’ll try my best. Thanks for reminding me. And I’m sorry to keep you in so much worry…”, you said, as you glance at them.

            “…by the way, you still have to continue with the shoot, right? What are you doing here?”, you asked

            “We already finished the group pictorial earlier this morning; solo pictorial is currently on going. Don’t worry; we’ll go back there when it’s our turn already. In the mean time, we’ll stay here.”, DaeSung said, smiling at you, assured, patting your shoulder.

            “I’m really sorry. By the way, where’s TaeYang?”, you asked, in a low voice

            “I think he’s on the pictorial now. Don’t worry, he’s alright. Good thing JiEun was there, she was ready. TaeYang was already prepared so fast.”, DaeSung said, as he looked away.

 

            You looked at SeungRi, as tears fill your eyes again. He looks back at you, like asking you to control your emotions. But after a few seconds, they all fall like the rain outside that starts to hit the ground again. He wipes it off with his soft fingers, and gave an encouraging smile.

 

            The door suddenly opens, as an YG staff enters. Making all of you turn into the direction where the door is placed.

           

            “Excuse me for the interruption, but I think we need to go there now.”, the man said, politely.

 

            “You’ll be okay, we promise that.”, DaeSung turns into you, taps your head slightly, and smiled

            “By the way, the doctor told me that you’ll stay here until tomorrow so that you can rest well. We already asked another staff to go to your place to get some of your clothes. Sorry we already entered your own property, but that’s because we need to. It’ll be here, soon.”, SeungRi said, as he stood up from his position.

 

            “If we finish early, we’ll promise to go back here. All of us…”, DaeSung said, as he got his things, and stood near you.

 

            “…Have a nap now, and yes you should eat, okay? I already sliced some oranges here.”, he continued, pointing at the table at the left side of your bed. A small plate is filled with sweet oranges.

 

            “Goodbye. Relax and rest, okay?”, SeungRi said, as he slowly turn back.

 

            Both of them followed the staff, as they walked towards the door. They waved goodbye again, just before they close the door, living you all alone in the room.

 

            You decided to take a nap, since it’s just 3:30 in the afternoon. And the cold and rainy weather is like inviting you to take a rest after a tiring day.

           

            The last thing you remember before you close your eyes, is the rain that was starting to fall again.

 

 

8:00 in the evening

 

            Your nap turned into a long comfortable sleep

 

            The rain grew stronger with the gust of the wind. The loud roaring sound of the thunder woke you up from a long sleep. Lightning flashes can be seen from your window.

 

            You thought you’ll be relaxed because of the sleep you took, but you were wrong. You started to tremble in fear, as the thunder eats you in whole.

 

            You have always been scared of the lighting and the thunder ever since.

 

            The light from the room starts to flash as well, like in any moment electricity will be out.

            And what you’ve thought of, just happened.

 

            The room is so dark, and there was nothing you see. The lightning’s flash are the only one’s giving a quick light into your room.

 

            You’re getting scared even more, as you hid yourself underneath the covers, crying. Your hand covers your ears, as your eyes were closed.

 

            You remember TaeYang in an instant.

 

            You would always call him every time these things will happen. If something scares you. He would always do anything as well, to make that fear go away. He always holds your shaking hands so tight, like he would never let you go. And he would always sing a song, to make you feel okay, to make all the fear go.

           

            But right now, you chose not to call him. Even if you’re really terrified.

           

            And you thought, it’s about to do things on your own. Without him.

 

            Suddenly, the door slowly opens, as your hear footsteps coming in.

 

            You then fixed yourself, and went back to your position a while ago, like you were just sleeping. You tried to relax, but you’re hands tremble like it always does when you are scared. You then placed it in your side, and closed your eyes.

 

            “Who might be visiting me this hour? I’m sure it won’t be from anyone from them, they are all busy. Ah. Maybe it’s the staff that went into my house to get me some of my clothes.”, you said to yourself.

 

            You then hear the chair moved near the side of your bed, as a warm hand holds yours.

            You started to get confused on why this person would go near you, and even hold your hand.

 

            A loud growl of the thunder comes in again, that made you respond with the hand that held you. You suddenly tighten your grip to these hands, the moment you heard the thunder.

 

            But it was quite surprising, the hand feel so familiar, like you have already held this a lot of times.

 

            “I know, it feels scary. You have been always scared with the thunder and lightning…”, a man’s voice said

            “…________________, I’m really so confused now…”, he continued, as he sounded so familiar.

            “…a while ago, when I looked at you, and saw you standing out in the rain, not moving, I felt my whole world stop. It made me ran to you, and as I made you face me, I saw sorrow in your eyes. The moment when you break down in my arms, I felt my face turned pale, and my heart stopped beating. I felt like I was lifeless at that moment…. I was so tensed, I don’t know what to do…”, he said, then taking a deep breath.

 

            “Who could this be? Maybe this is SeungRi. But if it’s really him, why would he say such things?”, you said to yourself, as you were so confused. You weren’t not sure if it’s really SeungRi. But you chose to listen, since after all you are a person that hears anyone’s feelings, problems, etc.

 

            “…when I carried you going to the car, all I think of is you. You aren’t a person who gets that weak, I know you. You are so strong in every struggle you go through…I drove you all the way to here since it’s the only the place it came into my mind right away. Every time I would step on to the accelerator, I feel so weak, that each and every time I glance at the backseat, and see you lying down, unconscious, I feel empty…so empty…”, he said like pouring every emotion he had been keeping.

 

            “…the moment I lay you down on the stretcher, as nurses came in the scene. I promise, I promise myself that I would come back to see you again.”, he continued, as another a another loud rumble comes in the scene.

 

            But this time, you didn’t feel scared. Your ears were all focused to this man’s confessions. Your hands already stopped from shaking, as it felt like there’s nothing to be scared of from now on,

 

            Nothing.

 

            “When you wake up, I’ll promise not to leave you, I’ll take care of you like there’s no tomorrow…Something tells me, it’s the only way to make me feel at ease, to make this questions I have in my mind, answered.”, he said, never letting go of your hands.

 

            “I promise that _____________, I promise that.”, he ended, and felt the side of the bed sank a little, like someone placed his head on the bed, resting it there.

 

            He sounded so sincere, that his promise made you so surprised. You heart beats like a drum, non-stop, so loud. That you hear it with your own ears. You wanted to open your eyes, to see who it was, but something tells you not to.

 

            You hear him hum a melody, melody you had never heard before. A beautiful melody that slowly eat the fear in you, the pain in you. A melody, a very sweet melody that  made you smile unconsciously. A melody opening another door in your heart.

 

            You felt so ease; that after a while you fell asleep.

 

            You open your eyes, and saw the glass window right away since you were facing it. You see the ray of sunlight, hit the windowpane, and the hospital floor as well.

           

            Dark clouds, from yesterday turned into white. As the blue sky appeared.

           

            You slowly look back, as your eyes stopped, looking down at your abdomen.

 

            You see your hands, still holding the hand that held you last night. So tight, like both of them don’t want to let go, like they don’t have a plan of being separated with each other.

            Tied, firm.

           

            You move your head little by little, as you look at the man’s hand, arms, and finally reached his head.

 

            There was TaeYang, sleeping so soundly at the side of your bed, holding your hand; his head was resting at its side.

           

            Surprised, that you moved a little unconsciously.

           

            You felt he would wake up, and that he would let go of his hands from you.

 

            But he didn’t…

           

            He just moved his head slightly, as his face was now entirely shown. As his hand, tightens his grip,

 

            And never let go…