Chapter 10

For A Hundred Days

A few days passed and everyone noticed that distance between the two of you.  Except for JiEun. You don’t talk to each other that much, you weren’t even sitting near him like you always do, and you weren’t even watching their practices and performances anymore. Well, you’ll only be there if SeungRi would ask you, or JiYong invites you.

 

            But you would always catch yourself, glancing at him. Actually, he does too. But you’re not able to see it.

 

            It was harder than you thought, going away from someone so close to you. However, it’s the only way you would stop this feeling of yours.

 

            You are in your restaurant, all alone in this table just near the main door. You are sitting there like an ordinary customer, sipping that cold ice tea, while facing your laptop. You’ve been sitting there for almost an hour, browsing some new recipes in the internet.

 

A few people start to get inside the restaurant, since it’s almost 10:00 in the morning. You look around in relief, that finally your place will be filled again.

 

You were starting to pack your things to go back to your office just inside the restaurant but someone came in right away.

 

“I see, you’re getting busy nowadays.”, a familiar voice said, coming from behind.

 

You look back, and never expected to see this someone again, in this kind of place.

 

“Eonni…”, you said in a low voice, as you draw a slight smile on your face.

 

            She was standing there, with her arms crossed, looking around your restaurant with a smile on her face. She was just wearing a simple white fitted shirt which shows her curves, jeans that covers her legs but showed its nice shape, and that cute black doll shoes you bought together when you two were still in college.

 

            The moment she looks back at you, she smiled at you so innocently.

 

“Please, have a seat.”, you said pointing at that chair facing you. She then walked towards it and sat there with finesse

 

            “______________, I see your restaurant is getting bigger and bigger.”, she said as her eyes look around her surroundings. She knows your dream is to have a restaurant, and she was a witness to every thing you do just to achieve this.

 

            “Yes, a little. I have to take one step at time, I’m so afraid to take it all in one shot. I might lose everything….”, you responded, smiling at her. You then call one of your staff, and ask her to bring another glass of drink for her.

 

           

            “I understand. It’s like what you did when you were still starting this business. Oh. I can’t believe you’re now this successful.”, she said, as she looks at you with happiness in her eyes. She really believed in your skills ever since.

 

            “I also can’t believe it. It’s as if until now, I’m still dreaming.”, you responded, as both of you burst into laughter. Laughter you used to share with her during college.

 

            Both of you started to feel your laughs were loud, that you started to look around and minimized the sound both of you are making. Your hand covers your mouth slightly, but still you two were doing it quietly.

 

            “Ah.______________, I really miss these times with you. I’ve been so busy; especially the wedding is just a few months from now.”, she said, looking away. She now grabs her drink and took a sip

 

            Yes, the wedding. Its one of the reasons why you chose to move away from him. Because the moment, they’ll be exchanging vows, you’ll be losing him forever, and you can never be with him all alone

 

 

            “By the way, what brings you here?”, you asked since its quite surprising to see her. She should be busy preparing for the wedding.

 

            “Oh. That, well…I just miss you, and these long talks we spend together…”, she said preventing herself from looking into your eyes, because she knew that you’ll easily feel if someone is lying. But the way she respond, seemed to have given you the clue already.

 

            “Are you sure, that’s just it?”, you asked, with your eye brow raised. As you smile in assurance, you know when she’s telling the truth or not.

 

            She took a sigh, and her smile turned into frown. You then knew there is something wrong.

 

            “Well…I guess, you already read it with the expression in my face.”, she said, looking down, as her fingers starts to play with that flowers on the vase placed at the center of the table.

 

            “Tell me, I’ll listen”, you said in a soft voice. As your hands, held hers giving her a comfortable feeling

 

            “It…It’s about your bestfriend…”, she said, after a taking a deep breath again.

 

 

            You were surprised, and asked yourself what could be the problem this time. Since the last time you saw them, they were doing well, nothing seemed to have been bothering them. And yes, quite surprising that you’d be talking about this person.

            “What’s with him?” I mean, Was there something he did that hurt you?”, you asked, pretending you wanted to hear this kind of things especially about him. Because the moment you chose to forget him, you moved away from him preventing yourself in being so much concerned of him.

 

            “He’s…He’s been so distant with me these past few days. He’s been so cold to me. They were even sometimes that he’d be so quiet, and there is nothing I can do to bring smile to his face. I’ve tried talking to him, though he responds, you’ll feel that there is something wrong with him, something that bothers him. I’m starting to feel anxious. I’m starting to blame myself, that may be I’m the reason of all this. But I’ve reflected about it a lot of times, and there is nothing I remember that made him like that…”, she said, worried, and her voice sounded like she was about to cry.

 

            TaeYang isn’t like this. One thing you said to yourself, you knew he isn’t like that especially to JiEun. He’d never be that cold to someone he loves, someone he cares for so much, someone who makes him smile. It was your first time to hear him acting like this for all these years you have been with him.

 

            “…______________, I’ve tried asking him about this, but he would just say that he’s okay and nothing is wrong. But I feel, I really feel his lying. Please ____________, help me. I don’t know what to do. You know how much I love him, right?…”, she continued, as she starts to become teary-eyed.

 

            Her words hit you right away. Yes, you know how much she loves him ever since. You are a witness on every thing she had done for him, every thing she had given up for him.

 

         “…I went here because I know you’re the one who could help me. You would, right?”, she said, holding your hands tight.

 

            You had no choice but to say yes. As someone close to both of them, and as a friend you wanted to fix their relationship. You aren’t that person who would make use of anyone or anything’s down fall just to get what you want.

 

            “Ye…Yes. I’ll help you. I’ll talk to him if we have time again.” You said, then taking a deep breath. You haven’t forget what you feel towards him, though you starting to move away from him. Talking to him with these kinds of things, still make you feel hurt deep inside.

 

            “Thank you so much _____________. I know I could count on you.”, she said in relief.

 

            You nodded in response, and looked away. Staring blankly at the windowpane just beside you. You look up and saw the sky was colored gray. In a minute or two, big drops of water fall out of the sky.

 

            “Omo. It’s raining.”, she said in surprise, as she was also looking outside.

            “Why? You have to go somewhere else?”, you asked.

            “Yes, I will visit my sister who just gave birth.”, she said while searching for something in her bag.

            “Oh. Me too, I’ll be going to the mall to buy some needed kitchen wares here at the restaurant.” , you responded, as you were also thinking of how are you supposed to go there. You didn’t even bring your umbrella with you, JiEun as well.

           

            “I’ll be calling TaeYang to fetch me here. You can come and ride with us. You can talk to him as well.” She said, now holding her phone, and it looks like she’ll be making the call any moment.

 

            “No, you don’t need to. I’ll just ask SeungRi to fetch me. And you need time for each other, talk to him more often this time.”, you said, smiling back at her.

 

            “Are you sure? Well, if that’s what you want. And besides, I feel there is something going on between the two of you. I don’t want to bother.”, she replied, teasing you, as she starts to dial TaeYang’s number on her phone.

 

            You just smiled, not paying attention to what she just said. You were about to send a message to SeungRi, asking him to fetch you in your restaurant. But you’re surprise to see a message from him, the moment you held your phone.

 

            ________________, still busy? Are you in the restaurant? I will be going there since I have a 3 hours break time today. Hope to see you. —-SeungRi.

 

            Just after reading this, you hear JiEun talking to TaeYang on the phone. You could here their conversation, since you were just near her.

 

            “Yeoboseyo?”, TaeYang asked in a low voice, it sounded like he was tired.

            “Oppa, are you still busy?”, JiEun asked, with so much worry.

            “No. We are having our break time from those long hours of shooting. Why?”, he asked

            “I just wanted to ask if you could fetch me. I went out today, and I need to go to my sister, the one who gave birth last night. I’m already out of the house, and I forgot to bring my umbrella. Can you go here and fetch me?”, she asked, though she’s already his fiancée, she feels embarrassed at times like this. She understands TaeYang is busy, and it’s kind of embarrassing to ask him in such things like this.

            “I just don’t know. Where are you, by the way?”, he asked, he sounded like he was hesitant.

            “I’m here at ___________’s restaurant. She’s even right here in front of me.”, she said, as she looked at you and smiled.

 

            The moment TaeYang heard your name on the phone, the tone of his voice changed. He sounded so excited, and it looks like he wasn’t tired a while ago.

 

            “She’s still there? Okay. I’ll be on my way.Bye.”, he said, then hanging up.

 

            JiEun was quite surprise by TaeYang’s changes, especially on his mood a while ago. But she didn’t mind at all, since she thought he was just tired and all.

 

            You and JiEun went out of the restaurant, and waited patiently for the two to come. You were standing on your restaurant’s entrance, since it also has something that covers both of your from the rain.

 

            After a few minutes, a car then stops in front of your restaurant. The door of the passenger side then opens, and SeungRi appears with that black umbrella he was holding. He went straight to you, since he won’t be noticed by the people right away, because the doors, though all made of glass were tinted.

 

            “_______________. I’m here.”, he said with a smile on his face.

            “SeungRi, I’m not alone…” , you whispered, while facing him. Your hand points out at JiEun who was just behind you.

 

            “JiEun, Hello~”, he said, while faking smile on his face. He really doesn’t like JiEun no matter what she does.

            “Hello . Have you seen TaeYang?”, she asked

            “Yes, I think he was still on the set. Why?”, he asked with his eye brow raised.

            “He is going to fetch me here. I even asked ___________ to join me, but she said you’ll be going so…”, she said with a teasing smile.

            “Ah. Yes.” , he said looking away from her, and focused himself on you. His eyes were like asking you if why she’s here. But instead, you responded with a strong slap on his shoulders.

 

            He just smiled, and his eyes seem to tell you he was just joking.

 

            “_________________, lets eat.”, he said as he raises his umbrella again. Holding you close to him so you won’t get wet

           

            “Yes. Lets go now….”, you responded.

 

            “Eonni, I’ll be leaving now. Take Care.”, you said, looking back at her.

 

            She responded with a nod and smiled at you.

 

            SeungRi takes you in the car first, and then followed, as he waved goodbye to JiEun. The car door then was closed, after a few seconds; it left like it was in a hurry.

            Few moments later, TaeYang’s car stops in front of your restaurant so fast. It looks like he drove quick just to get there in a flash.

            JiEun saw him went down the car with a white umbrella, as he ran towards her. But his eyes weren’t even looking at her; it looks around like he was looking for something.

 

            Or should I say someone.

 

            “Oppa. You drove fast just to get here…”, JiEun said, thinking she was the reason TaeYang went there in a blink. She even held his shoulders, but it didn’t prevent him from moving.

            TaeYang didn’t let her continue, as he asked one of the questions you should never ask to someone you’ll be exchanging vows with.

 

            “Where is she?”, he asked with so much worry. His eyes continue to look everywhere. Trying to look for someone. He even wanted to open the door of your restaurant, but JiEun knew he’d be recognized. She then held his arms, stopping him to do anything that will make him be seen by the public.

 

            “Who? _____________?”, she said in surprise. She was stunned to see TaeYang’s expression, as his eyes look like he was so worried that he couldn’t find what he was looking.

            “Yes. You told me she’s here with you.”, he said, now looking at JiEun. As he continues to be restless.

            “Yes, she was. Until SeungRi came to fetch her. Wasn’t that sweet?”, she said, looking at TaeYang with so much happiness for you and SeungRi.

 

            Not knowing what she just said stabbed him. Stabbed him once, yet so deep.

 

            That restless man, JiEun was facing a while ago, slowly calms down not in relief but in frustration. He even unconsciously drops the umbrella he was holding, making JiEun surprised.

 

            “Oppa, are you okay?”, she asked. She was so confused that he suddenly looks for you, and the moment he heard this words that came out of , his world turned upside down.

 

            TaeYang didn’t answer, and slowly look away, standing still in his position.

           

“Oppa, please tell me what’s wrong.” , she said embracing him. She leans her head against his chest, feeling every beat of his heart.

 

 

            TaeYang remains in his position, not moving, not responding to JiEun’s embrace though she already held him tighter.

 

            He wanted to respond to her, but it looks like he was so weak to do so. That he just stood there doing nothing, and waiting for her to let go of him.

 

            Not knowing, JiEun silently allow a tear to fall down her eyes. That she already knew what’s making him so bothered, so quiet this time.

            “Please, not now…” JiEun said to herself

           

            “Dear Lord, why just now?”, TaeYang said to himself.