Chapter 9

For A Hundred Days

It’s a bright and  sunny day.

 

            Here you are with SeungRi, sitting on a bench made fully of wood, under this big and marvelous maple tree. A brick path can also be seen just a few steps away from you. A little further, is a man-made pond where these little ducks you see, play.

 

He was catching his breathe, since right after you two went out of the studio. You started to drag SeungRi with you, away from that room, away from that place, away from those painful things you see a while ago.

 

            “Ah. _____________~ah. I’m so tired, I’ve never ran that far before.”, he said panting, as he wipes off that drops of sweat falling down from his forehead, down to his cheeks.

            He then looked at you, with a surprise. You are sitting there so relaxed, with no tense, like you never felt exhausted after running a bit far while dragging a man who was even taller than you.

 

            “SeungRi….”, you said, as you gaze at the pond just across the brick path in front of the bench you are sitting.

 

            “Yes?”, he asked looking at you in confusion.

            “ My hands already slip off…”, you said, looking back at him.

            “What do you mean?” he asked, holding your hands, and then looking at your palm

            You sighed, with a smile on your face. As SeungRi didn’t understand what you said right away.

            “…I mean, I’m letting go of him now.”, you said, looking away again as you draw another smile on your face again.

 

            He slowly moves his head up, and then stared at you. He was so surprised, that these words would come out of your mouth. He knows you not that long, but he is sure you’re someone who doesn’t give up right away. Though there are times, that doubts came to bombard your head, you still held tight, and even tighter at times.

 

            He then let go of your hands, then stood up in front you.

 

            “Why? I mean, why now?”, he asked, placing his hands on his hips

            “Why did you have to ask the reason?…”, you said looking at him

            “…I should have done this long time ago.”, you continued, after taking a deep breath.

           

            He then sat beside you again, and then held your shoulders, making you face him.. He stares at you with so much concern. He’s so afraid that you might choose the wrong decision now.

 

            Your choice should make his heart leap out in joy, since he’ll be having the opportunity to express his feelings for you even more. But he is more concern of what you will do to yourself rather than his own happiness.

 

            “Are you sure? Are you sure about your decision?”, he asked.

            “Yes, I’ve already decided. I …”, you said with assurance.

            “Are you really sure?”, he asked you again

            “Yes…. I’am.”, you said in a low voice, as you slowly look down

            “_______________, Was it… Was it the reason, why you didn’t meet anyone from us these past three days?”, SeungRi asked.

           

            You looked at him, and nodded. As you slightly smile at him. He then took a sigh, and let go of his hand from your shoulders. He looked away, while you stood up from your position.

 

            “Let’s go now. They might be looking for you in the agency.”, you said, as you took a glance at him and started to walk away slowly.

 

            “I’ll be asking  you again…”, he said in a loud voice, as he was really trying to make sure of your decision.

 

            His voice made you stop from walking. You felt goose bumps all over you, since you had never heard him speak like that, in that kind of tone.

 

            “…Because if you give up now, you can’t hold back. You won’t be able to, and even if you want to, everything is gone; your hands will lose it all, forever…”, he said in a serious tone

 

            “I’m tired…”, you said in a low voice.

            “…I’m really tired…”, you continued, now looking back at him.

           

“…I don’t know why I became so fool because of him, that half of my life I’ve been waiting for that day that he would notice me, the day that he would go out with me without even calling me his best friend in front of different people, that day he would held my hand so tight and will whisper in my ears that I’m the most precious thing in his life, the day he will be waiting for me in front of the altar while I walk in an aisle full of red rose petals, the day I’ll feel I’m the luckiest person in this world…” you said as tears rolled down your cheek.

            “…even if I know, and I’m sure that it won’t ever happen…”, you continued, wiping off your tears.

            “…I’ve already lose my forever,SeungRi. I’am not even holding anything eversince…I’m but a fool who keeps on dreaming that someday, he’ll see me, he’ll notice me.”, you continued.

           

            After hearing this, SeungRi then rushes in front of you and held you in his arms again. You responded with a tighter embrace, as these tears you try to prevent from coming down your eyes, now fall down again.

 

            “I understand…I understand…”, he whispered

           

            He then let go from this tight embrace, and held both of your arms. The moment he saw tears falling down your eyes, he wipes it off with his handkerchief, and smiled at you.

 

            “I respect your decision. But still, I’ll be here no matter what. Okay?”, he said, smiling at you.

 

            “You are always here, I don’t feel that you’re far from me.”, you said smiling back at him.

 

            “That’s good…” , he said tapping your head slightly

            “Let’s go. I’ll take you back to your home.”, he said, as he held your hand. Now he’s the one dragging you away.

            “Aren’t you going back to the agency?”, you asked

            “Ah. It can wait, and besides, the dragon allowed the panda to go out of the zoo, right?”, he said, pinching your cheeks

 

            “Okay, okay. If the panda said so.”, you responded, as you let go from his grip and ran so fast, making him run after you.

 

            “Ya! ___________________, no running. I hate running.”, he exclaimed, , but he follows right away in a dash.

 

 

            He took you home riding a bus, as he wore your scarf, covering his face with only his eyes seen.

            You then reached the bus stop near you house and walked a few blocks. At first, he was hesitant to walk, since his knee hurts due to that running he did a while ago going to the park, and going back to your home.

 

            After a few minutes, you then reach your house. This precious house you really worked hard for, this house that made you so inspired to still continue your business.

 

            You already holding the keys to your house, and inserted it in the doorknob. You were a bout to open the door, but footsteps came in the scene.

 

            “__________________.”, a man’s voice said, in a low tone

 

            SeungRi was the first one to look back, and saw the man who called you right away. He was about to hold your shoulders, preventing you from looking. But he was too late.

 

            You look back and saw TaeYang standing a few steps away from you. He looks at you with sadness, with worry. Though it’s only been half the day, he felt right away, that something was wrong, something is wrong.

 

            “Can we talk?”, he asked, still in a low voice.

 

            You look at SeungRi, as he nods in response. Understanding what you meant right away. He then smiled at you, and slowly walked away. The moment, he was standing beside TaeYang, he taps his shoulders, bidding farewell without words. TaeYang responded with a nod, but he kept his eyes looking at you.

 

            After seeing SeungRi left, you look back at TaeYang. Serious. You tried drawing a smile from your face, but a fake one would show up.

 

            “I’m…I’m sorry if I made you worried these past few days.”, you said as your eyes wander around. You can’t look at his eyes now.

 

            “What happened to you?… I mean, why do I feel you moved a step away from me?…”, he asked, as he moved closer to you.

 

            “…the past few days, you weren’t answering any of my calls, my messages. And earlier, I don’t feel your presence to me, I felt I was all alone in the studio earlier, as you continue talking with them, and not even saying anything to me… Is there something wrong with us? Did I…”, he said in a worried tone, as he is standing in front of you now, holding your hand.

 

            “…It’s not you, Bae. It’s me.”, you said, as you continue to look away. You feel his hand tightening his grip on yours.

 

            “Then please tell me ______________. You remember how we do things together. How we face our own problems together, I’am your friend, remember? I can help you in anyway I can. Don’t do it this way, if there is something wrong, Please, don’t stay away from me. I’m starting to get hurt…”, he said, worried. You feel everything he just said is full of sincerity and truth of course. Yes, you do things together, but from now you will not, ever. You aren’t looking at him, but you feel every single emotion he conveys.

 

            “That’s it Bae. Tell me…”, you said staring away from him. As tears started to fill your eyes.

 

            “…When did you ever get hurt because of me?…”, you said in a low voice, as these tears started to fall down your eyes slowly.

 

            The moment he had heard this words from you, you feel his hand slowly loosening his tight grip in your hands. As he was surprised of what you just said.

 

            You wipe these tears that had fallen down your eyes, and turned your back from him. Your hand then held the doorknob, and turned it, rushing your way in. You closed the door slowly, leaving TaeYang standing outside your house.

 

            His eyes started to blur, not knowing the reason why, as warm fluid falls down from his eyes. He continues not to move from his position, stunned.

 

            Pain starts to penetrate him now. A pain he never felt, a pain that will control his decisions soon.

 

            A pain that will slowly open his eyes.