Chapter 3

For A Hundred Days

You and SeungRi went downstairs, as TaeYang was now getting ready and started his car. He blows the horn of his car, telling you two to move faster.

Both of you rushed your way out of the house. You sat yourself next to TaeYang, whose driving the car. While SeungRi positioned himself at the backseat. He didn’t hesitate since he wants a spacious place for himself.

As you guys were on your way, SeungRi tried to do something for you.

“Hyung, Ji Eun isn’t here, right? She won’t be with us in the flower shop, right?”, SeungRi asked TaeYang.

TaeYang who was driving, didn’t answered right away. SeungRi who looks at TaeYang with excitement, then looks at you as he grinned.

You slapped his hands that were placed on your shoulders. But since he anticipated it, he removes his hands right away, and gave you a teasing look.

“She won’t be. These past few days have been a little stressful for her, so I decided that I will do all her appointments today. Why?”, TaeYang responded

 

 

“Ah. I finally, There won’t be someone who’d slap my shoulders if she’s getting pissed because of me.”, SeungRi said as he sits comfortably in his seat, feeling a relief someone won’t be pissing him as well.

 

“Ya SeungRi, are you taking JiEun’s jokes seriously?”, he asked

 

“I’m not. There are just those times that I don’t like her, I don’t know why.”, he answered as he looks out to the car window.

 

You then make your way to the conversation, as you saw you just passed by the flower shop you were supposed to go.

 

“Bae, there it is! Beside that bakeshop”, you said, as your hand points out the flower shop you just passed by.

 

“Is it?”, he said, as he stops his car in front of a jewelry shop which is 2 stores away from the flower shop.

 

“Yes, it is.”, you said as you unbuckle the seatbelt, and slowly went out of the car.

 

You stayed a little while outside the car waiting for them, since they need to hide themselves to the public.

 

            TaeYang stepped out of the car wearing a black jacket, as he even put on his hood to cover his head. He is even wearing black Ray-Ban shades, the one you gave on his birthday.

 

            SeungRi was quite naughty, that he stepped out the car and made his way to you, not even wearing any single disguise to cover him from the public’s attention. Good thing, you noticed it right away, you took of your coat, and covered his face with it. You then ran, making your way to the flower shop as you drag him carefully since he can’t see where you’re going.

 

            TaeYang followed you as well, as he ran so fast thinking someone would notice him right away.

 

            “SeungRi, what do you think you’re doing? You know you could be seen…”, you said, taking of your coat from his face.

            “…Bae, are you alright?”, you asked, while putting on your coat again.

            “Yes. I’m fine, How about you?…”, he said, as he take off his jacket and shades, then turned to you. Touching your shoulders, making you face him.

            “…SeungRi, don’t do that again, okay?”, he said as he turns away from you, and stared at SeungRi.

            “I’m just getting tired of it already.”, SeungRi said with that annoyed expression in his face, while even fixing his hair.

           

            The conversation is then interrupted with the owner of the flower shop. She knew TaeYang would be coming, and that Ji Eun set an appointment today.

           

            The flower shop is quite big; you can see bouquets of different flowers displayed on its window. Each of it has unique designs and unique arrangements. You looked around, and saw a rack with silver buckets full of different flowers. Roses, chrysanthemums, tulips, lilies, sunflowers,daisies.

 

Everything just got your attention, making you so fascinated that you didn’t even move from where you are standing. Not noticing TaeYang now with the owner of the shop, already standing in front of a rack filled with roses in different colors. As the owner already helps him to choose what flowers will be used for his wedding.

 

SeungRi who was following TaeYang, noticed you’re not with them. He looks back and saw you not moving from your position. He then goes back to you, stares at you with a smile on his face.

“You’re liking what you’re seeing, eh?”, he asked

“Yes. Everything is just so beautiful.”, you said as you walked towards a rack, and stopped in front of a bucket full of red tulips.

“You like it?”, he asked as he gets near you and looked at the tulips as well.

“I don’t like them, I love them.”, you said, as your hands caress its petals.

 

You like red tulips so much. You have always liked them, since you always see your big brother bringing red tulips to his girlfriend way back in high school. From that time on, you have always loved them thinking if you’ll receive one, you’ll be the happiest girl ever.

You are then distracted by TaeYang, as he taps your shoulder.

 

“__________________, can you come with me for a minute?”, he asked as he then held your hand, dragging you away from SeungRi.

 

You two then stopped in front of a rack full of different colors of roses.

 

“Can you do me a favor?”, he asked as he looked at you with that charming smile.

“I have always done favors for you, Bae. What is it this time?”, you said, smiling back at him

            “I don’t know what flowers to choose for our wedding. Everything seemed to be so pretty. I tried calling JiEun, but she’s not answering her phone, and she’s not even sending any reply to my messages. And I know I could count on you in this, right? Well, can you do the picking for me?”, he said, now holding your hands tight.

 

            You’re once sweet smile turned into a frown. Having the idea, you’d be helping your best friend is a good thing. But helping him out for his wedding seemed to be the most painful thing to do.

           

            You looked away, and feel tears starts to fill your eyes. You wipe it right away, thinking he might see it.

            You then turned back, and smiled giving him a feeling that you’d be doing this for him.

            “Okay then.”, you said, as you smiled at him, then looked back to the rack of flowers.

 

            You looked at these beautiful roses placed on this big silver buckets.Red, pink, dark pink, yellow, orange, white. Everything is so pleasant to anyone’s eyes. Sadly, your eyes that looked fascinated to every flower you see earlier, now spells out a feeling of pain, of anger, of jealousy.

 

            You picked the white roses, since you think it’ll give more elegance to the wedding.

            “I think it’s better if you choose the white roses.”, you said, as you tap TaeYang’s shoulder.

            “Great. I really knew I could count on you.”, he said smiling back at you.

            He then turned back to the owner, and told him what you have chosen.

           

You now turned your back from TaeYang, as you feel you’re going to breakdown in any moment, but something just surprised you.

            You saw SeungRi at the counter, as he pays for that beautiful bouquet of red tulips.

            The moment he handed his money to the lady, he turned and walked towards you.

            You then feel TaeYang’s hand rest on your shoulders, and feel his eyes stare at you for a minute. After a while you felt him turn away, like he’s also looking at SeungRi.

 

            “Why would he bought such bouquet this time?”, he asked himself

           

            SeungRi stops in front of you, as he handed that dozen of red tulips wrapped with pink and white crepe paper, and tied by a red silky ribbon.

 

            You looked at him with surprise in your eyes. You weren’t even expecting anything especially from him. You continue to be still, as your hands stayed on your side.

 

            “_________________~ah. Why? Didn’t you like it?”, SeungRi asked , as he looked at the bouquet, thinking there might be something you don’t like.

            “Are you kidding? I like it.”, you said as your hands reach for the bouquet.

            “I have always wanted this kind of flowers, right YoungBae?”, you said as you looked at the bouquet with so much happiness in your eyes.

           

            You looked back at TaeYang, and you were quite surprised by his reaction. He looked at you with that small smile from his face. And his eyes, tell you there is something wrong.

 

            “I’m glad you like it…”, SeungRi said as he wrapped his arms around you and looked at you with that cute smile from his face.

            “…Hyung, are you done now? Let’s go. I’m really hungry.” He continued, as he now looks at TaeYang, as his other hand rubs his stomach.

            “Yes. I’m already done. Let’s go now.”, he said as he stared at you with a smile.

 

You all bid farewell to the owner of the flower shop, and went out of her store rushing yourselves back to the car.

 

            You’ve all just sat inside the car, a phone then suddenly rings.

           

“Yes, Hello?…”, SeungRi spoke, holding his phone near his ears.

“…Okay, okay. I’m coming, just make sure I have something to eat when I get there. Bye.”,he continued. Just after saying this, he put down his phone and placed it back in his pocket.  

            “Hyung, can you take me to the agency? The dragon asked me to go there again, fast.”, he said, tapping TaeYang’s shoulders.

            “Okay.”, he said, as he starts his car and drove really fast.

 

            You’ve reached the agency so fast, since the flower shop is just near the agency’s building. He stops in front of the building, and waited for SeungRi to come down.

           

“Thanks,hyung!”, he said, while opening the car’s door.

 

            The moment he closed it, he ran in front of your car’s door, and knocked on the window. You looked at him with surprise and smiled, as you open the car window.

 

            “_____________, I hope you really like the flowers. See you again the next time”, he said, smiling at you.

            “Thank you so much, and don’t worry, I really liked this.”, you said, as your hands slowly raises the bouquet of tulips placed on your lap.

            “Goodbye now. And yes, don’t forget to eat.”, he said, waving his hands looking at you, and then look at TaeYang with a bright smile.

 

            You now close your car window, and waved at SeungRi. TaeYang slowly drives the car like waiting for SeungRi to come in.

            You then saw him rushing his way in, as G-Dragon ( the dragon is what SeungRi calls him) stands in front of him, and like asking him to move fast.

            The moment he disappeared in your sight, you went back from your position, and sat quietly. You now hear your stomach rumbling, because you haven’t eaten yet. You slowly moved your hands, checking your watch, and you saw it’s almost 1 P.M.

 

            “Where do you want to eat?”, TaeYang asked, as he glanced at you

            “Uhm. Anywhere, I mean, you know me. I eat anything what’s in front of the table when I’m hungry.”, you answered in a funny way, looking at him, and then turned away looking at the window.

 

            He didn’t answer back, as he continues to drive. You looked back at him thinking there is something wrong. But finally he speaks up.

 

            “__________________, Why didn’t you tell me?”, he asked with that curious look on his face.

           

            Surprised. You felt so surprised on why would he ask such question. It suddenly gets into you, that he knows everything. That he already knows what you’re feeling for him.

“Oh no! He knew it? He knew it already? Oh no! I’m in a big trouble now. I’m dead. So dead. ”, you said to yourself, turning your back from him.

           

“_________________, answer me.”, he said seriously. He never sounded that serious, well you remembered a time when he sounded so serious in speaking, but you can’t recall what happened that time.

           

“Didn’t I tell you what?”, you asked with your eyes closed. Thinking he would reveal or he would ask you something you’ve never expected.

 

            He then stops his car,as he reached the intersection since the red light is on.

 

“That. Why didn’t you tell me you wanted to have one of those earlier?”, he asked as he points out that bouquet placed on your lap.

 

            You felt a little relieved; since he wasn’t asking about anything you have been keeping, like your feelings for him. And yes, you knew this time would come.

            You remembered what TaeYang said to you before.

           

“If you want something, just tell me. I’ll do anything to get it for you…”

 

            Quite sweet isn’t it? But when he continued what he said, you felt breaking down in pain. It hurts so much, that he actually has to continue what he’ll say with this words always.

 

“…I’m your bestfriend, right? Always remember that.” 

 

            Best friend. And yes, he makes a way to get everything and anything you want even before. But when JiEun came into his life, you decided not to ask him for anything anymore. You thought it’ll be so hurtful for JiEun asking TaeYang to buy this for you, to do this for you.

 

Since you’re just his best friend, and not his girl friend. Everything has changed when JiEun came.

 

“I did not ask for it, actually. I was also surprised he bought this for me.”, you said in a low voice, as your hand touches the petals of one of the flowers, placed in the bouquet.

 

You saw him took a sigh, as he turns into you and looked into your eyes. You saw it from his face, that he looks a little frustrated on you.

 

“Next time, tell me if you want something. Remember what I told you before?”, he said as he drives his car again, since the red light, turned into green.

 

You looked at the car window, as your hands continue to touch those red tulips.

 

“Yes. I’ve always remembered that.”, you said, then taking a deep breath.

 

            You looked back at the flowers your hands are caressing. You felt so much happy receiving this from SeungRi. After a while of feeling your heart almost breaking down because of TaeYang asking you to pick the flowers they’d be using for the wedding, this made you a little okay.

 

            But you could have been a lot better if TaeYang was the one who bought this for you, if he’s the one who gave this to you.