Chapter 22 ( Part 2) - THE FINALE

For A Hundred Days

SeungRi’s phone kept on ringing, but he never answers the calls. And besides the ringing, loud horns being blown is what you hear.

 

Its 9:35 and you are stuck at the middle of the road. Traffic wasn’t this bad earlier when you left. You heard from the driver that an accident just happened, and the wrecked car is still left at the road.

 

Anxious, teary-eyed. If they are already at the altar when you reach the cathedral. You will never speak of what you feel anymore, he will never know.

 

You never want to kill yourself in regret.

 

You thought that even if you will go, at least that burden you are carrying will be lessened.

 

“at least…he was able to hear it from me….”. you say to yourself. Deep sighs were all you can do while waiting for the cab to move and be able to reach the cathedral.

 

You sent a message to your Mom awhile ago, telling her that you might not leave today, that you have to fix everything first before beginning a new life, and creating the new you.

 

Dialing SeungRi’s number again, this time it looks like it was turned off. Worried, you prayed that the wedding hasn’t started early. Tears start to fill your eyes again,

 

This isn’t the way you want this to end.

 

A few minutes later, the car in front of you started to move. You took a deep breath of relief, as you wipe the tears that had already fallen down your eyes.

 

The cab is finally back on the track, as you pray you will reach he cathedral before the wedding will start.

 

Bothered because of these unanswered calls of yours to SeungRi, you started to dial Dae, JiYong, and T.O.P’s number, but no one’s answering too.

 

“They might be at the church already…”, you said, frustrated.

 

The cab turned left finally reaching the Seoul Cathedral. Looking at the place, few cars were parked outside, though the church door was open.

 

Rushing your way out of the cab after paying, you went inside the cathedral. Heart pounding, tears falling unconsciously down your eyes.

 

But it was empty.

 

Flowers were being removed now from the side of the seats, as the white cloths were being folded. The red carpet placed at the center of the cathedral is now being rolled.

 

Confused, crying. There was nothing you see, except these people cleaning up the cathedral.

 

“Excuse me, the… the wedding is it… is it already finished?”. You asked, with a shaky voice. Tears continuously fall your eyes now, as you prepare yourself for that one answer that will surely put you back in pain.

 

“I’m sorry, its already finished. Everyone is in the reception now…”, he said while looking at you with those eyes full of pity. After saying those words, he left you there standing at the middle of the aisle. Cold as ice, staring blankly at nowhere. Not saying anything.

 

Your heart quietly sobs in pain it just felt.

 

You still can’t believe it just ended, you knew for sure the place and the time when the wedding will start.

 

Walking outside the chapel as you wipe these tears falling down your eyes, you hear your name being called.

 

“________________~ah!”. A familiar voice shouted.

 

Standing outside the cathedral, you look to your left and saw SeungRi approaching. He was wearing this formal attire, white long sleeves and black pants. His other holding a black suit.

 

“What are you doing here? Come!”, he asked, confused, catching his breath.

 

 

“Why do I have to, its all done. I got nothing to do here. I wish I…”, you said in a low voice, still looking at nowhere. Your eyes are being filled by tears again.

 

“No. We can still do something, we still can believe me…”, he continued, holding your ice-cold hands.

 

“Can’t you see I can’t do…” you were stopped by his words. You believe you can’t do anything now.

 

“You still can. Believe me we still can do something...”, he said, pulling you.

 

“…Its in Myeongdong __________~ah. The wedding was supposed to be here, but something came up.”. he continued, convincing you.

 

Shocked. You looked at him, like asking you if what he say was true. You look at his hands who were holding yours.

 

“Follow your heart ___________~ah. Follow your heart.”, he said, holding your hands tight, slowly pulling you, asking you to come with him.

 

Teary eyed. You then followed him, as you rode his car, going to Myeongdong Cathedral.

 

You sat at the back seat, with an anxious feeling of what scene you might able to see by the time you reach the cathedral.

 

It’s a few minutes now before 10 o’clock, and being able to go to Myeongdong a few times. You know you are not going to be there at the exact time.

 

SeungRi, who was seating at the passenger seat kept on looking at you. He was worried that for the last time you won’t be able to tell TaeYang what you really feel.

 

Its pretty much painful for him to see you suffer, but he can’t do anything. He knows he can’t do anything.

 

It’s 10:47.

 

The car stopped in front of the Myeongdong Cathedral. The view from afar early already hurt you.

 

A lot of people wearing formal attires were outside the church, some of them were taking pictures, sharing stories.

 

The church door was closed.

 

“It’s…”, SeungRi said as he looked at you, crying, as your hand covers your mouth.

 

“NO!”, you shouted, as you rush your way out of his car. Crying, your sight slightly blurs.

 

Going up these set of stairs ,everyone stopped what they are doing when they saw you. Looking around, your heart pounds fast, as tears fall your eyes nonstop.

 

“Bae…Bae… Where are you?”, you whisper, as you try to look for him.

 

Until your eyes reached the church’s door, as the man you were looking for was there. Not facing you, as he was sharing stories with DaeSung who happen to saw you.

 

DaeSung taps his shoulders, and ask him to turn around.

 

And there he saw his bestfriend, full of tears, tired, anxious.

 

That one woman she had loved ever since.

 

He went near her as he touched her face, wiping the tears that are falling down her eyes.

 

You continue to weep as you felt his warm hands once again, holding you.

 

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry. I’m late…I’m too late.”, you said, crying, looking down. Feeling that warm hands of his that you will surely miss.

 

 

“No __________~ah. You are just at the right time…”, he said with a smile on his face, now holding your hands, moving them close to his chest.

 

You then felt something that was being placed in your head, as a part of it covers your face.

 

It was a white veil they had placed.

 

“What…I’m only here to…”, you spoke, with a shaky voice, but you were stopped by him, as his fingers slightly cover your lips, preventing you to speak.

 

He holds your hands tighter, placing it on his chest, near his heart.

 

“You don’t need to tell me…”, he said, as his other hand swings the veil going at the back of your head.

 

“…Because our hearts can speak what our lips can’t say.”, he said, smiling, staring at your beautiful eyes.

 

You took a deep breath, and closed your eyes as a sign of both relief and at the same time, confusion.

 

“Where…Where’s JiEun?...How did this all happened?”, you asked, worried.

 

“She told me, she wanted to make you happy. That this sacrifice she made is not enough for all those things you did for me, and for her …”, she said, drawing you near him, looking eye to eye.

 

“…And I promised her that I will make you happy.”, he said, his hand now wrapped around you. People around you smile on what they see.

 

You hear the cathedral door being opened, as he took a glance at the priest, then looks back at you.

 

“I’ll see you at the altar.”, he said, as he kissed you in your forehead. You close your eyes in bliss, in relief, in so much love you feel.

 

He slowly lets you go as DaeSung gave him his suit, and wears it. JiYong gave you the bouquet of white roses you chose at the flower shop, where TaeYang asked your help on what flowers will be used for the wedding. SeungRi, made his way to you, and held you again for the last time,

 

“Be happy.”, he whispered in your ears.

 

“Thank you…”, you said, as you held his hand tight, gazing at his eyes. He then guides you to your sister who was there, and knew everything about what will happen.

 

That eyes that cried a million times now sparkle in happiness, smile from your lips started to grow, as you look at everyone who was there at the wedding.

 

You look up in the sky as the clouds start to vanish, revealing that blue sky it was hiding.

 

You took a deep breath, as tears start to fall down again, tears that came from the heart, tears that meant happiness.

 

Things were so sudden, but you know you made the right choice to go back. It was indeed a one right decision.

 

You have held on to the thought that true love, is something that you’ll find at the right time, place, and of course with the right person.

 

That true love, even in the strongest storms, endless darkness,

 

Will still find its way to you, with him/ her no matter what happens.

 

True love is worth of a lot of sacrifice, and wait.

 

That’s what you felt right at the moment you first met YoungBae,

 

Until now that you see him standing at the end of the aisle, near the altar, waiting for you.

 

Right then you knew, its true love, true love indeed.