Chapter 22 (Part 1)

For A Hundred Days

In every ending lies a new beginning…

 

 

It was a cloudy day. Your flight is scheduled to leave at 10 in the morning.

 

Leaving earlier than planned, you didn’t bother to wake up your sister. You chose to go to the airport, all by yourself.

 

Yesterday was full of laughs and tears.

 

You had a fun time with your peers, these people behind the restaurant who had never failed to be with you all the time. They were a mixture of people from different ages, places, yet they were like a family.

 

You spent your last night in Korea with them, eating, sharing stories, etc.

Times like this are always treasured since you spend it with people you know trust, and love.

 

But that fun night ended with tears as everyone bid goodbye, expressing each and everyone’s gratitude to you, reminding you with good memories you spent with them.

 

Indeed, it was a very special night. An unforgettable night.

 

 

On a cab going to the airport, you decided to call SeungRi , planning to say that one final goodbye to him. But his phone just kept on ringing.

 

You thought, he might be busy, well they are all busy. The wedding is happening today, and maybe they already don’t have the time to check their phones and all.

 

You took a deep breath, this is better, you thought. In this way, you’ll never know what is happening now at the wedding, you didn’t want to know everything in the first place.

 

But you do want to know if how TaeYang is doing. You wanted to congratulate both of them, but something just keeps you from doing it.

 

Browsing your phone, you open this one folder full of pictures of him, with you. Those simple and even ordinary days are made special, because you are with him.

 

Teary-eyed still, you love him, you do.

 

You closed your phone, diverting your attention to something else. Just thinking of them, JiEun, SeungRi and especially TaeYang made this leaving much harder.

 

It was already planned even before the wedding. And when everything was settled, you have held on to that decision to leave.

 

To leave and forget.

 

And when this day came, doubts bombard your mind. Telling you to leave, but reminding you reasons, worthy reasons to stay.

 

After a long drive, you have finally reached the airport. Just at the right time to get yourself ready before the flight.

 

Already placed your luggage at the cart, you took a deep breath and started to walk in, not looking back.

 

You thought looking back is the same as you trying to get yourself in this misery you wanted to escape.

 

Happiness turned into misery.

 

Now standing at the line, as you will already check in, your phone rang from your pocket. Thinking it was someone from them who was calling you, you quickly answered it but to your surprise it was JiEun.

 

 

“Hey…Uh…Eonni…”, you say, faking an excited tone. Surprised, its her wedding day today, why even bother sparing a minute of her most special day.

 

“Are you really leaving today?”, she asked, she knows. You never really want to say it in front of her, though she knew you’ll leave she didn’t have the idea when.

 

“Yes eonni… I have to… My mom needs me there.”, you said, after taking a deep breath, while looking around the place. You remembered you wanted to congratulate both of them then.

 

“Eonni… I…I…want to congratu…”you said, but she was able to stop you from what you were about to say.

 

 

“__________________~ah… Follow your heart. Follow your heart. It’s about time, don’t waste it again….Please ____________~ah, please. Think about it again.”, she said, after taking a deep breath.

 

Those words. Those words you always say to her ever since. Those simple advice of yours that stuck her head, that you thought would help her, and now she’s telling it to you.

 

“I’am, I already am, I know it’s the right thing, and for me it’s the best way….”, you said, thought it hurts you thought its better this way. And you thought, by going to Japan, you’ll be able to forget him, and your feelings for him.

 

“Please _______________, think about it again.”, she said then hangs up. She sounded so differently at that time, thinking what she might be up to.

 

“Eonni… Eonni…”, you said, trying to see if she was still there and if the connection just disappeared for a while. Looking around, your eyes reached a flat screen TV nearby who were playing some advertisements a while ago.

 

A video started, a video really familiar to you,

 

Suddenly, everything around you seemed blurred, as it slowly vanish in the darkness, and he was all you see.

 

 

The moment you saw the image of him there, sitting in front of the piano, looking so confused, like he doesn’t know what to do,

 

It hit you deep enough, reminding you of that pain you are going through, the reason why you are leaving.

 

Seeing the look in face staring at the girl, reminded you of how you steal a glance from him, as you appreciate that simple smile of him.

 

And as his hands reach the keys and the piano began to play,

 

You know at that point, it was there to remind you of something.

 

I would argue
Then you would cry
As you’re struggling, I would only get stronger
My heartaches behind these shadows

 

The song started and it was the point of breaking down.

 

Your heart beats fast, loud and clear, shouting at your ears. “You have to tell him, you have to tell him, even for the last time.”

 

My face brightens up as I see your smile
I worry that you might notice my feelings
And I get scared that the gap between us would widen

 

 

 

 

“I gotta be there, I need to be there…Please, please.”, you say to yourself, as you gasp for air.

 

I hold my breath
Then I bite my lips
Then I pray that she would leave his side.

 

8:57 A.M.

 

You had just checked your watch and just got out the airport. You remember the wedding will be at 10 this morning. Flustered, exhausted, you look for a cab right away.

 

You need to be there before the wedding starts, you have to tell him before its too late. Jieun’s words played like his song over and over again in your head

 

Able to find a cab, you rode one, telling the man to go to the cathedral, fast.

 

Baby, please don’t hold those hands
Cuz you should be my lady
Please look at me, I’ve been waiting all this time.

 

In deep thought, you weren’t able to hear the man’s question.

 

All you wanted now is to see him, tell him everything. Even if he gets married this day, you don’t care at all.

 

You never want to miss this one chance, this one and only chance you have.