Chapter 15

For A Hundred Days

 

TaeYangs P.O.V

 

                My whole family moved to a new village when I was 8. I didn’t want to leave our place. I was scared of the unknown; of staying somewhere I’m not familiar with; afraid of meeting and communicating with new people. I was a typical timid boy who stayed at home, practiced his piano and spent time with his brother.

 

                But everything changed, when I met _______________.

 

                I remember the first time I saw her. She was on her way to a nearby park, while I was with my Mom heading home from the market. She was on the other side of the road, walking happily, her hair bouncing and falling perfectly back onto her shoulders. I have to admit she was so pretty, even back then.

 

                When she happened to looked in my direction, I saw a smile form on her lips; I just knew that there was something special about her. Something more than what anyone could see with their eyes. And as our eyes met for the first time, I saw a different side of her that I want to know more.

 

                From that day on, I wanted to see her everyday.

 

                A few days after everything at home was settled, I started my first day of school. I was all alone, sitting in the corner of the room, watching everyone who already had their set of friends. No one approached me  to talk to me, the new kid. And at that time, I wasn’t confident enough to introduce myself to them.

 

                Hi I heard a girl’s voice say.

 

                I looked back and I saw ____________, smiling at me. She had just arrived judging by the backpack she was carrying. I didn’t know she was also studying in the same school, and that we were in the same grade.

 

                She smiled at me and asked if she could sit down beside me. I didn’t know what to say, but being a man who was brought up a gentleman by his parents, I said yes, stuttering as I did. Being a shy one, I admit I felt something different, embarrassed even, sitting beside someone I never knew; more especially a girl. And I felt more timid in front of a girl.

 

                After a while, the class started. I was asked to introduce myself to everyone. I felt so nervous, standing in front of my peers that I didn’t know.

                Thankfully, everyone greeted me with delight, knowing that I’ll be someone they were going to spend the whole school year with. Slowly, I felt at ease.

 

                I went back to my seat as the teacher started the lesson for the day. I opened my notebook to take down notes, but to my surprise, something was already written on the first page.

 

                “Hi, YoungBae ~! Nice to meet you ^^”

 

                I looked around wondering who it was that wrote it until my eyes reached __________. She glanced at me and smiled, before turning back to her notes and started taking down what our teacher was discussing. Her other hand pointed out the note she wrote, indicating that she wanted me to answer her on the paper.

 

                “Hi ….” I wrote, still not knowing her name at that time. Not focused on the class anymore, I passed her my notebook, waiting for her answer.

 

                “_____________. My name is ___________. =)” She passed the notebook back, without looking at me, so that our teacher wouldn’t notice that we were not listening to him.

                “Nice to meet you too ____________, I see you want to listen to the discussion, we should stop this one for now.”

                “No. Its okay. Look!” she wrote. I followed the arrow on the page, and looked at her. She reached for something underneath her notebook that was placed on her desk. It turned out to be a book she was reading. I looked at her notebook, and realized that she was just pretending to take notes.

 

                An unexpected smile slowly started to form on my lips, as she laughed silently, covering her lips with her hand. I looked away, hiding my expression, not realizing that the class was staring at us. As punishment, we were told by our teacher to stay after our last class. It was my first time experiencing that. It was our first moment together, but at that times, I felt I was in a different world.

               

A world of our own.

 

                I’ve never felt so comfortable being with anyone before; never have I had such a close relationship with someone; to feel special to someone. I had only just met her that day, but it felt like we’ve known each other for a long time already.

 

                Since that day, we went to school together, waited for each other after classes, and ate lunch together. These were only the few things that made us closer to one another.  We went through our fair share of ups and downs, but our friendship grew stronger.

               

And as the days went by, she got prettier and prettier.

 

                Years passed, and finally we were in high school. By then, my courage had grown and finally, I could mingle with other people with our feeling intimidated, and had my own set of friends. ___________  had hers too, but we never forgot each other.

 

               

                Her smiles were brighter; I could see her different aura every time she’s with me. Over the years, she never changed; but she became more and more important to me. I never left her side, just as she never left mine.

 

                She then called me as her “best friend”.

 

Valentines Day came. Everyone was receiving sweets or special gifts from their secret admirers. It was no different for ___________. She received a lot on that day, especially from the seniors. I saw how they’d look at her every time she passed by some of them in the hallway. Every time that happened, I’d always hold her hand tight, drawing her nearer to me. She’d get surprised every time this happened, and would always ask why. I never said anything, but instead, I’d just smile, though I knew deep inside me, I felt something different.

 

I knew I was there for her all the time, but I never got the chance or even the strength to give her some thing on that day. I mean, I’m her best friend, nothing else, I’d tell myself. I need to support her, to be happy for her, right?

               

                A lot of people perceived her to be someone so perfect, unreachable.

 

                And I always believed that I could never be with someone that far, someone like her.

 

A time came, when she started to tell me about this very special guy she had fallen in love with. She told me this guy was so special, someone that she would always look up to, someone that she could easily lean on anytime. I watched her cheeks blush every time she described the qualities this guy had. I saw her eyes sparkle with happiness as she became so inspired by him. No one knew who this guy was, not even me. Every time her friends asked who the guy was, she’d simply smile and tell them that they will find out soon.

 

But that didn’t affect me.

 

The moment I heard about this guy, I made sure that whoever he was, I’d always be the person ____________  will never leave. I made sure was the only person who could make _____________ happy; someone whom she can lean on anytime; who’d never let her feel she alone, and who’d make her feel like she’s the most special person in this world.

 

We’d always have this ice-cream eating game on our way home. I seldom won, but I did it on purpose. Because I wanted to see her beautiful smile, I wanted to make her feel happy every time she’s with me. I wanted to let her know that she had nothing to worry about when I’m by her side.

 

_____________ keeps everything she is feeling to herself. It’s hard for her to express or tell anyone what she’s feeling. There was a time she quietly cried after a misunderstanding with her parents. I drew her closer to me and let her cry in my arms. It was the first time I did that to her. I didn’t mean to but it was as if something pushed me to do what I did. But I guess, it was a way of telling her and making her feel that even during moments when she is down, I‘d always be with her.

 

Those so-called “dates”, wasn’t just a simple dinner or a time for us to go to amusement parks. It was because I want to make her feel special, that wherever she goes, I’d always be with her. That I would never leave her alone. That in her life, she’d always have a special someone she can always share a moment with.

 

The moments I held her hand, protected her from the rain, sang her a song every time she’s scared; was my way of showing her how much I will do to protect her. To keep her safe from anything that will make her feel scared, that will hurt her.

 

Maybe she thought I was just doing it all, because I’m her best friend. But to me, she was more special than that.

 

And still, she didn’t stop talking about this guy who had swept her off her feet. I thought everything wasn’t enough, that I considered giving up.

 

Then, JiEun came into my life.

 

I love JiEun. I love her with all my heart. And I know how much she loves me too. She did everything for me. She made me feel that I can do anything, as long as I believe in myself.

 

 But _________________ would always have this special space in my heart no one can ever fill.

 

And now, I know I have to choose. I don’t want to hurt JiEun, but I also want to stop ______________’s suffering.

 

I’m confused, who will I choose? How will I choose?

 

Can you help me?

———————————————————

sorry for the late post, guys. But I hope this is worth it . ILOVEALLOFYOUUU~!