The Only Way to Protect You.

The Unforgivable Couple Series: Forbidden Love 2

"I decided that you would leave the estate."
"Eh?" When I was told something I hadn't expected, I couldn't reply right away.
"There's a villa that you've been to a couple of times since you came to the Lee family, right? For now, you'll stay there."
"Why are you suddenly telling me to leave the estate?"
"I'm not telling you to leave. I said that I decided you would leave."
"They mean the same thing! Why are you driving me out of the estate...?"
"So Hyun-ssi, there's a reason for this."
"A reason?"
"Niel, don't say anything unnecessary."
"What's unnecessary? Aren't you going to tell me why you're driving me out of estate?"

After a deep sigh, Byung Hun handed me an enveolope from his suit pocket.
"What's this?"
"Look inside."
*There's no stamp or address... What about this envelope...?* The envelope just had 'Lee Byung Hun' written on it, and it wasn't anything unusual. I took the paper out from the envelope and read its contents.

'Revoke the restructuring plan immediately. If you don't obey, you and your yeodongsaeng will be killed.'

The malicious words were written on a completely white piece of a paper. The neat, printed letters only made them even more ominous.


"This is a letter that was put directly in the estate's post a few days ago."
"There should be a camera there, so can't you find out who put in from there?"
"There was a time when the camera was broken, right? That's when we got this letter."

There certainly was a time when the camera at the gate was broken, but a new camera was put in within half a day... Knowing that nobody saw that person at all while that person knew everything we were doing scared me more.

"At first I thought it was just a joke, but that changed with the incident today. It would be normal to think it was the staff of the departments that are to be restructured who were threatening me, but..."
"Do you have any other ideas as to who it could be?"
"I think it'd be hasty to say that somebody from an old department did it. You were mentioned in the letter too, so I can't let you stay at the estate. Since it appears whoever is behind this knows a lot about the estate, I don't know what could happen."
*Byung Hun told me to go to the villa because he wanted to protect me, but I was targeted, just as Jin Young oppa said.*

"I don't want to go. I want to be together with you." Especially at a time like this, I wanted to be together with him.
"I won't be able to work if I'm worried that you're in danger, mianhae."
*There's no helping it...*
After hearing what he had to say, I had to go to the villa. I knew this was the best method, but even if I understodd that, my heart didn't agree.
"I'm only telling people I can trust that you'll be staying at the villa such as Niel, appa and omoni."
"You trust omma?"
"Since she's with appa, I can't hide it from her."
"I see." I understood what he was saying, but it made me feel a bit sad.
*When I think about what omma has done, it can't be helped that Byung Hun oppa doesn't trust her, but...*


"Well, let's go back to the estate and prepare. I don't know how long this will take, so bring a lot of things to pass the time."
"Ne, then I want to stock up a bit on books and stuff, but... Could I?"
"It'd be better for you not to walk around outside right now. Take some from the study. There are a lot you haven't read, right?"
"All the books I haven't read are the difficult ones."
"It's a good chance, so you should read them."
"A lot are in foreign languages."
"Bring a dictionary too. Translating while reading can be a good way to study."
"Could you choose some easy ones that I'd able to read?"
"I guess there's no helping it, I'll choose some for you when we get back."

"Byung Hun-ssi, So Hyun-ssi, the car is waiting" Niel had a small paper bag, maybe medicine for Byung Hun's injuries.
"Ah, I almosy forgot. There'll be security guards at the villa too."
"Eh?"
"There are enough to guard you around the clock, so don't worry."
*Even if he tells me not to worry, that's the same thing as saying I'll be under observation for 24 hours a day...* I knew Byung Hun oppa did that because he was worried about me. However, I felt like life from now on was going to be depressing.

"Come on, I think there are a lot of books around here that you can read."
"The books over here are a bit different. Are they appa's? However actually, the binding looks more like something yeoja would like..."
"The books here are ones omma collected."
"Eh...?"
"When omma was well, I often saw her and appa reading in this study." Byung Hun was looking far away as he quietly told me about those days.
"Is it fine for me to take such important books?"
"Since it's you, gwaenchana. I think that omma and you probably have the same tastes, so you'll be able to enjoy these books too."
"Gomawo. Let me know if there are any you recommdend."
"Recommendations... This might..." Byung Hun looked at the bookshelf.
As he said that, he reached out for a book that was fairly high up.
"It's difficult to get things with my left hand."

The bullet had grazed Byung Hun's right arm. Niel had said it wouldn't hinder his daily life. However, maybe it still hurt, but Byung Hun had tried to grab the book with his left hand.
"W-whoa..."
"Aah..."

Thud!

Byung Hun probably wasn't used to using his left hand so he couldn't grab the book. Then, he lost his balance and fell on top of me.
"Mi-mianhaeyo... Are you injured?"
"Aniyo, gwaenchana... I just hit the sofa... Byung Hun oppa, is your arm still okay?" Luckily, I hit the soft sofa rather than the ground.
"N-ne. I should've just used my right hand from the start."
"Aniyo, it's because I told you to get the book even though you're injured..."

*It's embarrasing, so I wish he'd hurry up and get off of me...* The way things were, it looked like he had pushed me down.
"Byung Hun oppa? Um...?"
"If the situation were different, this set-up could have been rather enjoyable."
"W-what are you saying?" I tried to push him away, but probably because of our difference in strength, he didn't move at all.
"Do you plan to resist me like that? You're really weak if you can't even push away an injured person like me.


"Y-yah, the wound will open again, you know?" It hurt me just to look at the arm wrapped up in bandages.
"Gwaenchana. It was just grazed so the injury isn't serious..."
"B-but."
"So Hyun ah, could I kiss you?"
"Byung Hun oppa?" Looking like Byung Hun might cry
, he claimed my lips.
"Mianhae, even if you said no, there was nothing I could do."
"Mm..."

A light, gentle kiss.

*Is Byung Hun oppa trembling a little?*
"I really think it would be better if we took refuge together..."
"That's not what I'm afraid of."
"Eh?"
"It'd be a lie if I said I wasn't afraid at all. More than that, when I think about how you won't be there when I return to the estate, it's terrifying and painful."
*Now that he mentions it, he said that I helped him by welcoming him back with a smile...*
"Yah, could you leave tomorrow morning?"
"Eh? N-ne. It doesn't really matter to me..."
"I want to sleep with you today."
"W-when you say sleep with you..."
"It's not like what you're thinking. I just want to sleep together normally, since you won't be in this estate anymore starting tomorrow..."
"Araseo. I want to be with you longer too..."

That night, after we finished preparations, we slept pressed against each other in the same bed. It wasn't a night of pleasure, but our hearts were connected in a satisfying night.


Author's notes

What'll go on?? Check the new chapter out soon! :)

I was supposed to update on yesterday night, but I accidentally clicked a wrong key and it was all gone. Plus, I'm thinking that should I continue the story but lastly I gave up, so there's no preview and sorry being a bit short :(

Anyway, see you tomorrow again!! :D