Incident on the most important day

The Unforgivable Couple Series: Forbidden Love 2

Something unbelievable happened during Byung Hun's CEO inauguration party. At about the same time that a window was broken and a woman screamed, Byung Hun crouched down.

"Byung Hun oppa!" I wanted to rush over to where Byung Hun was on the stage.
"Y-yah! Wait! Kajima!" Jin Young grabbed my arm to stop me.
"Jung Jin Young! Let go of my hand!"
"What can you do even if you go?"
"B-but..."
"The security are here! Leave it to them! You can't do anything, so what'll you do if you go and then you become the target!"

It was true that I wouldn't be able to do anything even if I went. On the contrary, I'd get in security's way and might just put Byung Hun in even more danger.
*But I have to go!*

"Come on, just go to another room for now. You'll be in danger too if you stay here."
"I'm going to where Byung Hun oppa is!"
"If he was targeted, there's a high possibility that you'll be targeted to, okay? Plus, everyone knows your face because of that incident before. There are a number of photos circulating the net. No matter where you go, you'll be known as the daughter of the Lee family."


"On top of that, it'd be even tougher on him if you get targeted, right?"
"That's...probably true."

*Byung Hun oppa...*
I wanted to rush over to Byung Hun's side as soon as I could. I did my best to control those feelings and went towards another room, led by Jin Young.

"Come on."
"Orange juice?"
"You liked this, right? I bought it from the vending machine at the entrance."
*He remembered the drink I like.*
"Well, I don't understand what's so good about such a kiddish drink like that myself."
"But you still remembered."
"Since it's something you like."
"Jin Young oppa..."
"More importantly, what happened back there?" When I heard Jin Young's words, I remembered what had just happened and my body started trembling.
*Who could have done that?*
"Wait here for a bit."
"Eh? Where are you going?"
"I'm going to ask about what just happened."
"Then, I'll..."
"You stay here. You can't let anybody in, okay? You can't go out either, okay? Araseo?" Jin Young emphasized that like you would to a kid were telling to watch the house.
"Ne..." He left, and the room suddenly became silent, which made me feel helpless.

*Why was Byung Hun oppa targeted? Does the reason Byung Hun oppa was targeted really have to do with restructuring then..?* Plus, it happened right after Byung Hun announced his plans for restructuring. I heard that there wasn't any employee that opposed he's taking over from my father. That made it difficult to think that his sucession was the reason he was targeted.
*It has to be about the restructuring.*


"Yah, So Hyun ah!"
"Jin Young oppa! How's Byung Hun oppa? Yah, what happened?" Once Jin Young came into the room, I went up to him to ask him questions.
"C-calm down! It just grazed his arm, so he's in no real danger."
"I-I'm glad..."
"But the inauguration party has been put on hold and he's been sent to the hospital just in case."
"Thank you for telling me! I'll go right away..."
"I'll give you a ride, so let's goo out the back."
"Eh? Why the ba-... Mmph!" Suddenly, he pressed a hand against my mouth and signaled at me not to make a sound.

"Byung Hun-ssi's dongsaeng should have come to the party too. I'll look since we might get something out of her."
I heard running and voices that sounded like reporters from the hallway.
"I think they're gone."
"Why are reporters looking for me?"
"They couldn't hear the story from him, so their ulterior motive is probably to get the story out of you. They'd probably ambush us if we went out the front, so we'll go out the back."
*I'm certainly a member of the Lee family, but I don't know much about the group...*
"N-ne..."

"Ah! Isn't it Lee So Hyun-ssi? Would you speak with me for a little?"
"They were waiting at the back too? So Hyun ah, ppali and get into the car!"
"Ne."
"Wait juseyo! The problems for the Lee family from the other day and this time are continuing, but how do you feel about that?"
"How would she be able to answer that?" Jin Young yelled at the reporter who was stil throwing questions at me through the window after I got in the car.
"Yah, wait juseyo! Just say something!


"The window is filthy! That idiot reporter!"
"Minhae, because you were with me..."
"Gwaenchana! It's 'cause I was there that things worked out!"
"Ne, gomawo."
"If you say that so honestly, I'll blush..."
"Eh?"
"A-aniyo! M-more importantly, about what I was saying earlier. The reason the glass in the window broke was because it was hit by a bullet."
"Eh? A bullet...?" When I heard hat, unpleasant sweat trickled down my cheek.
*Then, there was the chance that Byung Hun oppa might have been hit by that bullet and died?*
"But the security guard said that they purposefully missed."
"Eh?"
"The window that was broken was pretty small, see? Aiming from there would have been impossible if the person shooting wasn't really skilled. That was just a warning."
*If that was a warning, then there'll probably be more things to come...*
"Mianhae. I didn't mean to scare you."
"Ah, aniyo. It's not your fault. I'm sorry to make you do all this for me..."

"Oh, if it isn't So Hyun..."
"Annyeong, Jin Seok samcheon."
"Jin Seok-ssi is abeoji's dongsaeng, right?"
"Ah... Are you the son of B1A4 Data Transmission?"
"Ne. Our company is always in your care."
"Through such an incident just ocurred, you're already together with the son of B1A4 Data. You seem just like your omma." This man had always been like this. Even though he said awful things about my mother in front of me and my mother, he was always tongue-in-cheek.
"Yah, why do you have to say something like that in front of her? There were some guys from the press so I'm just taking her to the hospital."
"Oh, is that so? I apologize for my rudeness. Even so, this is rather troublesome. For such a thing to happen at an auspicious occasion..."


"As I thought, it might have been too early for Byung Hun to succeed as CEO."
"Jin Young oppa, kaja."
"N-ne."

When I tried to pass Uncle Jin Seok, my arm was grasped tightly.
"Ouch..."
"You and Byung Hun only bring problems to the Lee. Do you believe that?" Even though he was smiling as usual, his eyes weren't smiling, which made his face seem unbalanced.
"I think you should say that to Byung Hun oppa himself rather than to me." I shook off his hand and left with Jin Young.

"What is up with that guy?" In the elevator, Jin Young was yelling like he couldn't control his anger.
"Mianhae, he's always been like this..."
"Why did he have to say something like that to you? In the first place, Byung Hun-ssi is in a higher position than him, right? How can he say that?"
"Jeongmal mianhae..."
"It's not like I'm saying this because I want you to apologize. Well, whatever. The bigger the group gets, the less uncommon rotten guys like that become."
"..."
"You're going to see him then, right? I'll be going back now, so go home together with him."
"Eh? You're not going to see Byung Hun oppa?"
"What could I say if I went?"
"Gu-gurae, but..."
"He probably doesn't want to see you together with me either. Anyway, call me immediately if anything happens."
"Ne, gurigo jeongmal, gomawo."

"Byung Hun oppa."
"Oh, So Hyun ah, you came."
"Ne, Jin Young oppa brought me here..."
"..." Once Byung Hun heard Jin Young's name, he scowled.
"Well, I'm glad you came."
"Is your arm fine?"
"Ne, it was grazed. It won't affect my work. More importantly, there's something I have to talk with you about."
"Something you want to talk about?"
"Appa is in the hospital, and we stayed at the estate, right?"
"N-ne, what about it?"
"I decided that you would leave the estate."
"Eh? Why are you suddenly telling me to leave the estate?"
"I'm not telling you to leave. I said that I decided you would leave."
"They mean the same thing! Why are you driving me out of the estate...?"


Author's notes

Annyeong, readers! I'm finally back! D.O.Y.O.U.'M.I.S.S'.M.E?? :P HEHEH IT'S HOLIDAY TIME!! :D However, I kinda miss my besties soooooooooo much and almost cried at school yesterday. :'( We made many memorable memories this year. This year is AWESOME!!

Well, let me explain for this chapter, erm... I mean the preview first. There's no preview for next chapter, but it's the last part of this chapter. So, the opening of the next chapter will be a bit different than here kay??

Lastly, I'll update this FF (mostly) everyday! See you tomorrow btw! :)