Truth(s)

The Unforgivable Couple Series: Forbidden Love 2

"Ya, Byunghun oppa!"
"Hmm?"
"Did you find out anything about the shooting or the threatening letter?"
"Ani, we still don't know anything."
"..."
"So Hyun ah?"
"Why won't you tell me anything?"
"Eh?"
"I heard that the situation got worse. Somebody said that the gunner was a professional killer..."
"Since the guards have been forbidden from speaking, they wouldn't have told you. Which means, it was the idiot."
"Don't blame Jin Young oppa. It's because I forced him to tell me... Yah, why won't you tell me?"

After I asked the same question twice, Byung Hun let out a small sigh, like he had given up.
"I'd tell you if things got better, but what would telling you it got worse do? It'd make you more scared for no reason, right? But there was the incident yesterday. I wasn't sure whether I should tell you or not." He had to be thinking about when I was attacked by the man who broke in.

*Byung Hun oppa's hand is shaking...*

"It's my fault that you were attacked. If I had explained the situation to you and got there sooner..."
"Don't worry about it so much. Gwaenchana, so..."
"I can't think so optimistically about it just because you were fine, you know? Even the guards had been useless then. If I hadn't gone to the villa then you..." His tight voice rang throughout the car.
*The person who's the most afraid about what happened then might be oppa rather than me...*

“I'm not sure if I can trust this, since it was the criminal who said it, but I don't think he planned to kill me."
"What do you mean?"
"He said I was a hostage for luring that guy out."
"That guy?"
"I think he probably meant you."
"So that's why he was surprised when I entered the room..."
"Jeongmalyo?"
"Ne. It looked like he didn't think I'd be coming to the villa. However, if that's the case..." He scowled and started thinking about something with his hand at his mouth.

"Byung Hun oppa?"
"Ah, aniyo... Eobseoyo."
"Are you planning not to tell me what you're thinkin about again?"
"Aniya. I just can't say because I don't have positive proof yet."
"Once you find something out, don't hide it from me, okay? Don't take it all on yourself."
"Araseo, so don't look so worried." He smiled helplessly as he caressed my head. I was dissatisfied since it felt like he was treating me like a child. However, the gentleness of the hand caressing me was so pleasant that I closed my eyes and rested my head on his shoulders.


"After leaving for a week, I feel like the town which I know so well feels really new." After dropping off my luggage at the estate, we headed to town.

*Which of these people is a guard? There doesn't seem to be anybody who looks like one...* That was a pro of you. The guard had blended in the ordinary people splendidly, to the point that even I didn't know where he was.

"Where are we going now? Since we've come all this way, we could buy you clothes."
"There's no pomt in trying to escape. Didn't I decide that we were buying clothes for you?"
"Damn, you didn't forget? You've got a good memory for things like this."
"I'll take that as a compliment."
"I wasn't complimenting you."
"Come to think of it, I saw in a magazine that there was a new shop for menswear, so let's go there."
"Fine. Don't get so fired up. I'll lose you in the crowd."
"Ah, mianhae."
"Come on."
”Eh?"

Mike held out his hand towards me, so I ended up comparing his face and hand without thinking.

"Mwoh...?"
"Eh, um... I just thought that you'd be the type to be embarrassed by this sort of thing..."
"Of course I'm embarrassed, but it'd be a pain if you got lost, so there's no helping it. I'll hold your hand."
"I'm not some kid who'd get lost, you know?"
"Didn't you always get lost when we went shopping when we were younger?"
"Ugh, when you put it away, I can't say anything..."
"Right? So there's no helping it. I'll hold your hand."
"Ne." The hand holding mine was warm and made me feel safe.

*Oppa is curt, but he's really gentle at times like this. Though he'd definitely blush bright red and get mad at me if I told him.*

"Yah, doesn't this seem like it'd look good on you?"
"Eh? I don't need it. I just bought a shirt like it earlier."
"By the way, what color was it?"
"Orange."
"Even though you have no fashion sense, you go out of your way to choose difficult colors."
"Don't say I have no fashion sense. I'll choose a set for you today!"
"I don't need one. You can't say that. You're going out with me today, right? Let's start looking from the shoes over there!"
"Y-yah! Don't pull so hard on me!"


"In the end, you really did get me a set..." He let out a long sigh as he carried a heavy bag.
"But I'm glad there were nice clothes."
"Even though you could just buy your own clothes, why are you getting so worked up over mine?"
"I can buy my own clothes whenever I want! But I don't have time to do things like this together with you, right? So at times like this at least I want to buy clothes for the person I love..."
"Don't blush after saying that yourself."
"Jeez! Don't make fun of me!"
"You kept on making fun of me about my clothes, so I should be allowed to make fun of you now."
"Jeez... Ah!" I suddenly stopped.
"So Hyun ah? Mwohae? Did something happen?"

He noticed that I was looking at something, so he looked over too. Then, he murmured like he had understood.
"Yebbunda."

A wedding dress had caught my eye. It might have been a new bridal shop. There were a variety of dresses on display in the window.

"This dress would look good on you."
"It's a simple dress." The dress that he said would look good on me was traditional and simple.
"You look beautiful normally, so you don't need to wear anything flashy."
"Saying something like that as a surprise attack is unfair."
"Are you saying I should give you advance notice? If that's what you're saying, I'll do as you request."
"Jjinjayo? I'll really make a request, you know?"
"Aniyo, gwaenchana. If you did, I'd be so embarrassed I might die."
"Hehe, that's too bad. It would've been a chance to see you getting all embarrassed."


"Byung Hun oppa?"
"I know that it's impossible right now, since we don't know what'll happen, but in the near future, I'll make you the happiest bride in the world."
"Oppa, why are you suddenly saying something like that?"
"Even if you ask me why, I don't know what to say. When I saw you looking at the wedding dress, I just wanted to say that. I think you're probably scared because you're uneasy about everything but you can just stay by my side and not worry about anything." He clutched my hand a bit tightly.
"Ne, gomawo."

"I need to quickly find the criminal too in order to do that."
"Did you always want to get married so badly?"
"Pabo. When you say iy like it, it's like I just want to get married to anyone. I want to marry you and see you in a wedding dress only."
"I want to see you in a white tuxedo too."
"I want to go on a honeymoon too."
"Oppa, you're getting ahead of yourself."
"You should understand that that's how much I'm looking forward to this. Appa should be coming around now, so we should get back too."
"Ne, we should."

*Someday, there'll be a day when I'll wear such a beautidul dress and stand beside Byung Hun oppa.* I said that in my heart as I looked at the window one last time and hoped that that day would come soon.


Author's note

Hello :D Long time no see again ya! Another chapter is up! Still try to upload everyday since I'm having almost 3 weeks of school holiday, sick and working on 3 fanfics include this right now alright. Okay, it's already late so jaljayo~~ I gotta wake up really early to watch wuri Chanyeolie and Kangjunie on Roommate tomorrow hahahah byeee~